starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Oh wow you guys... I only have one more day of level 1... and I now officially have *the fear*. I was feeling optimistic for a bit when I saw a few comments a few days back saying level two wasn't as bad as they were expecting... but after todays comments, I'm afraid to hit play. :p

Day 9 level 1 down... I'll be right behind you folks, and I'm certain to be cursing up a storm. :(
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Day 10 level 1 done last night. Jogged today, so maybe start level 2 tomorrow....if I'm not too scared! lol

I wish sometimes that I could swear at Jillian...but both of my kidlets (3 and 1) are sleeping when she and I 'meet' at night, so I gotta be a little more hush hush cursing!
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Oh wow you guys... I only have one more day of level 1... and I now officially have *the fear*. I was feeling optimistic for a bit when I saw a few comments a few days back saying level two wasn't as bad as they were expecting... but after todays comments, I'm afraid to hit play. :p

I'm trying to remember if I felt like this after starting Level 1 - so weak and out of shape - and I honestly can't remember if I felt it this intensely. I DO remember how empowered I felt once I started being able to complete the sets that had given me so much trouble the first few days. So I am looking forward to feeling that same charge of empowerment once I get better at Level 2.

Maybe I was just a little over-confident since I felt like I was Superwoman after Level 1. And now Level 2 is humbling me a little bit. That's ok, though... I need a big serving of humble pie now and then.
  • violet976
    Options
    @ Wizbeth: That point of view actually makes me feel a bit better. I'll also have to remind myself that others are struggling through it as well, and it doesn't seem to be a cakewalk for most, so perhaps that frame of mind will keep me from feeling like the only failure of the group for the first few days.

I, like you, do feel a bit stronger than day one, but definitely don't feel like superwoman. :p I just keep reminding myself that the only way I'll get to where I can really fly through those dvds is to keep pushing myself through them. & I also keep reminding myself that if it was easy, I wouldn't really be gaining much from it, now would I? That thought really keeps me in check.
  • maryannmiclat
    maryannmiclat Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 2 completed and I feel beat up! I swear, I am weaker than mouses milk in my upper body. This is my millionth attempt at completing the shred and I am determined since the results are obviously good. I usually stop by day 5 or 6, not this time!
  • violet976
    Options
    @ Maryann: I am a quitter by nature, and I've found that I have been doing really good with this since forcing myself to do it first thing out of bed. That way I know the rest of the day is mine, and I can go through it feeling great that I've stuck to my goal. Much better than going through the day hearing those little voices in my head trying to talk my way out of it. ;)
  • berumotto
    Options
    Today was my first day on the 30 Day Shred. And I must say... it wasn't too bad. Of course, had you asked me this DURING the workout, I probably would've let out a string of curse words. But I am very much looking forward to tomorrow :laugh:
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My legs have been god awful this afternoon and evening, and then i come on here and read the latest comments, oh my days!! im scared haha!
    Im only on day 2 of lvl 1, god help me if you are all complaining like this on level 3 and theres me moaning right at the start!! but if you all can get through it, then i sure as hell can!!
    Maryann - im glad its not just me who is suffering after only 2 days!! i vow to do it for 5 days straight and use exercise bike over weekend and start again mon - fri on 30DS!!

Violet - I know exactly how you mean! if you get up and do it then you got the whole day to collapse and get on with life, whereas if you postpone it for a few hrs, thats a few hours of talking yourself out! i am a quitter by nature too!! it is by far not a cakewalk at all, and you are not a failure at all!! just got reassure ourselves that the aches and pains and feelings of weakness etc aren't because we are failing, but because we are working muscles and our bodies in a way we are not used to and in a few days it will get easier and in a few weeks it will have all paid off!!

keep up the good work ladies!! xx
  • Jamie_55
    Jamie_55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Day1 Level 2 today - I just kept looking at Jillian and saying "are you serious??! You want me to do what?!" and a lot of "Holy crapballs!"
    I'm struggling with the planks, but my hands are in front of my shoulders so I don't think I'm doing them right. Switching between the 3lbs and 5lbs weights depending on the exercise. I didn't feel like I was working as hard, but was much sweatier! Like dripping sweat which isn't normally something that happens to me. I think maybe because it wasn't as high impact cardio.

Good luck everyone!
  • maryannmiclat
    Options
    Question... When y'all do the 30DS, do you add any other exercises during the day? I am in love with the bike and was planning on doing that after the 30DS, but I am too sore to do it. My legs hurt like a mofo after about an hour of the workout. Also, do you workout straight through with no breaks or do you break it up? I was thinking about 2 days on, 1 day off.
  • violet976
    Options
    @ lulaloops: Don't worry just yet, you've just got to stick with it. I was *this* ready to quit around day 3 or 4, and was definitely feeling defeated during most of the workout (couldn't do the full 30 seconds for many of the exercises). Now on day 9 I'm feeling much better about it & can follow the whole thing through. I can do far more pushups than on day 1 (where I did probably 5 or less, and still on my knees), can actually make it fully through the cardio (the first few days I kept stopping halfway through the jumping jacks & jump ropes and just thought "no way in hell"). I've also found for that section of the dvd, I have a much easier time if I don't stop at all between those two, I launch right from jumping jacks into jump ropes, etc, and find my legs don't cramp up as badly. & it also seems easier to me if I do them faster, not sure why. I think my lowest, hardest point so far was around day 4 or 5, where my body was finally feeling pretty fatigued, then it was back uphill. Except for yesterday for some reason, when I just felt completely over my head again. No idea why, as today was back to normal. :p

@ maryannmiclat: I added more to my routine as I have the time to fit it in and really, really am hoping to see results fast. I'm currently doing daily:
    - 30 day shred (on day 9 level 1) - first thing in the morning
    - Butt Bible (day 5, level 1) - done right after 30 Day Shred
    - 2.5 mile walk - sometime mid afternoon
    - 1 Richard Simmons dvd - at night, since it's fun & easy.

I also haven't taken a rest day as I really lose motivation that easily, so I'll continue to do this daily until my body tells me otherwise. & I should also add that I work from home, no kids or other distractions, just so others realize that I probably have a lot more time than most to keep up with this routine.

... Of course, this may very well change come level 2 or 3. I figure if I aim for the sky each day, I wont allow myself to feel let down if 1 or 2 of those other activities have to go. We have to remember that the goals we achieve are not negated by the ones we fall short of.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi I have just after much procrastination start this program.
    If u want to join and start , lets motivate each other.

:tongue: Day 1, I am soooo unfit. I found it really hard.
    But waded thru it. I am looking forward to the day it gets easier.
    will update day 2

level 2 day 8 cant wait to get off this damn level BUT i have noticed improvements with body and most of all...strength! could barely handle level 2 when i first started it now its a lot easier. 2 more days to go!
  • sin485
    Options
    Question... When y'all do the 30DS, do you add any other exercises during the day? I am in love with the bike and was planning on doing that after the 30DS, but I am too sore to do it. My legs hurt like a mofo after about an hour of the workout. Also, do you workout straight through with no breaks or do you break it up? I was thinking about 2 days on, 1 day off.

i workout at the gym for an hour to an hour and a half then give it a few hours then do 30DS sometimes. not all the time though.
  • sin485
    Options
    Just did level 3, day 1 today. I'm quite fond of Jillian and never understood the haters who claim to yell at her, but I must admit I did it today. I haven't used some of that vocabulary since high school. I actually shocked myself. :tongue: After the workout ended, before the stretching, I paused the DVD and sort of kneeled there in shock, and I distinctly remember repeating to myself, "What just happened to me, what just happened to me." All else is a blur, though.

Ha ha, anyway the cool thing is I felt similar after the start of levels 1 and 2, and was so proud after a couple days of each of those, when I could manage them with a bit more class, and I'm confident it will happen this time, too.

And to people in levels 1 and 2: don't give up! You will be STUNNED what your body will be able to accomplish after just a few short weeks! If you had told me after I finished level 1, day 1 that I would soon be doing jumping jacks WHILE SWINGING HAND WEIGHTS ABOVE MY HEAD, or doing those ridiculous planks, I would have laughed you out of my apartment.

DAAAMN i was hoping level 3 would be easier than 2!
  • barb_32
    barb_32 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm on day 3 of level one, I was curious how long it was before you noticed results?
  • maryannmiclat
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I have tons of time to workout as well since I have yet to find a job. I think I'll just do the gym first thing after waking up and wait a while to do the shred. I'm waiting until later this evening to hit the gym. I think I should feel good by then. I really want to get this weight off or at least be below 200 pounds by my 30th b-day in March. I took pictures and measurements today to compare when I'm done with the shred.
  • xCarbJunkiex
    xCarbJunkiex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Level 3 Day 2 - IN THE BOOKS!

Tried today with heavier weight, but had to keep switching back to lighter ones on some of the moves! LOVING LEVEL 3!

QUESTION: for those of you nearing the end of the shred (or simply just thinking about the end)
    > what are you doing next???? I'm planning on doing Ripped in 30, and would love to have EVERYONE in this thread join me :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • GO_NadZ_xO
    GO_NadZ_xO Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Me and my man finished Day 4 last night. We've also missed 3 days which isn't good but we're trying to keep it consistent now. I've lost 3.8kg which is about 8.4 pounds. I'm not taking measurements but I have definitely dropped a size! I'm doing this as well as Weight Watchers. Its pretty much just eating the right amount of food but instead of counting calories, they have a points system. I'm loving it and seeing the weight start to fall is keeping me motivated!
  • no1belongs
    Options
    So my original plan was to start today but things change and I will have to postponed til Thursday tomorrow I have to work late and to get my daughter from my moms wont be home til 8ish and my downstairs neighbors would prob complain and since I'm up at 4:30 am everyday I very much doubt they would like it then so I will be starting Thursday. Good luck all
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Day 26 level 3! Down almost 16 inches all over! Last night did it with taebo after! Instant death
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!