starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 6 of level 1, and forced myself to take the dreaded "before" photos. Actually, seeing the before & after photos on this forum made me realize that I really did want to see my progress, and since I'm only doing this to try and tone, I was afraid I wouldn't really be able to judge any improvement without photos. I didn't cringe as badly as I thought I would, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the day 30 photo compared to the day 6. :p

I've also decided to add in Butt Bible level 1, along with my daily 2.5 mile walk. Tried Butt Bible for free on Youtube last night & I really loved it. Seemed like the right addition for someone wanting to firm their toosh.

Still struggling with those side squats/arm raises, and that final bicycle crunch at the very end. ouch. But I did speed up my pace on all of the cardio, & actually found the jump ropes/jumping jacks easier to do that way.
  • bizzyb581109
    bizzyb581109 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 1

Started today, took measurements not photo, waiting for the dreaded DOMS tomorrow, will be more of a challenge to do it on weekdays but here goes for 45 days total, (2 days shred, 1 day rest or other cardio until I get to the end. Liked the workout, used very light weights today (tins of beans) to get the muscles working but not destroyed on the first few days
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Day 12 - Level 2 (2nd day) completed yesterday..... am I nuts for liking Level 2 more than Level 1???

I am one of those freaks that likes all the plank movements, I guess!
  • dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    After starting program 2 days ago, today was to be my day of other cardio - intended 5 mile walk but overslept so it will have to be my rest day today & walk tomorrow.
    Lots of pain in my front upper legs but weekly weigh in today - after no change last 2 weeks, lost 1.2 lbs this week!!!!! Yay!!!
  • purpleree6
    Options
    Day 4, level 2. My right knee is hurting today, I don't like the pendulum squats but am getting on with it. I find it better if I do it in the morning, I feel energised for the rest of the day and it's out of the way then.
  • ggsmamma
    ggsmamma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 & I like it a lot. I can really feel it in the arms... I'm a bride's maid in a beach wedding this Dec and I'm about 30+ # over weight. I'm hoping this will at least help me feel stronger, have nicer arms & maybe drop a few pounds!!! Go team!!!
  • blueeyess55
    blueeyess55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred today .. Wow.. didn't know I was so out of shape.. hope it gets better..anyone want to add me as a friend would be a great help..Thanks..
  • shanniebug
    shanniebug Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Day 12 - Level 2 (2nd day) completed yesterday..... am I nuts for liking Level 2 more than Level 1???

I am one of those freaks that likes all the plank movements, I guess!
    I like level 2 much better than I liked level 1. I love all of the cardio moves except for jump rope and I love how much I sweat. Plank Jacks are my favorite.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    day 13 ---- in the books! Almost half way through!!!!

Very exciting!
  • josie141
    Options
    vjohn04 I'm also enjoying level 2 more than level 1! I'm finding it MUCH harder especially the cardio circuits, but I like the strength and abs exercises!
    just about to do day 13- almost half way through... :smile:

I cant wait to see the results on day 30! However I'm not sure what to do after 30 day shred? I'm thinking about going on to 'ripped in 30' or 'no more trouble zones'... does anybody know which one would be better?

For those of you that have just started and are struggling KEEP GOING!! day one I felt disheartened at how difficult i found it, had to stop for lots of breaks. day 2 i've never been so sore in my life!! aching all over! but within one week I was finding level one too easy so don't give up! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • cheyennestallo
    Options
    New to all this. I am wanting to get started on the 30 day shred, how do i start? I have 10 lbs of post baby weight to lose and I am still breastfeeding so hoping my body isn't holding on to the last 10lbs for the babys milk.
  • sarahbrown1015
    sarahbrown1015 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just went to level 2 today. I only did level 1 seven times but I was bored so I moved on. I was able to do 98 percent of it. Felt awesome and terrible all at once!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Day 7 of level 1 complete. I'm also on day 3 of Butt Bible level 1, and doing a 2.5 mile walk uphill/downhill each day. Definitely feeling like I have more endurance for this now, even though I still curse my way through a couple of parts. I think it helps tremendously to get through the first few days & finally realized that you are capable of pulling through the hard parts.

I am, however, feeling a bit of it in the knees, so I got myself a calcium supplement today & will be getting a joint supplement as well. I'm planning to attempt to incorporate half of a Richard Simmons video each day as well, as I just don't have time to squeeze in the whole routine with all of the other workout routines.

Thanks for being such a great source of support ladies!
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me also. Jillian is a mean *kitten* ***** but damn does she have a body! LOL It's the rope jumping and butt kicks that cause me the most grief. My quads are seriously hurting. I have measured and weighed but no changes yet.
  • GetFitCarly
    Options
    How would you log the 30 day shred into mfp?
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    How would you log the 30 day shred into mfp?

You can use "Circuit Training, General" under Cardio if you don't have a heart rate monitor.
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm kinda bummed. I finished level 1 yesterday and I was really pumped to compare measurements. I was really careful noting my beginning measurements. I'm barely down an inch total. I wasn't expecting to lose weight at first (and didn't) so that didn't bother me so much. I made myself go ahead and do the first day of level 2. It wasn't as hard as I expected from other posts - of course I did the modified versions with extra modification on the one where you stand on one leg.

I did all 10 days of the first level straight through. Should I do shred, shred, rest instead?
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    So, Day 9 in the books last night...day 10 tonight, then on to level 2! It's getting better (I think)....I no longer cringe whenever I hear "Hit it!" :laugh:

And the best part is....get this.....so far, I'm down 6.5lbs!! Haven't remeasured yet though, so I'm not sure about inches.

Oh, and for anyone interested, I don't do more than 2 days shred back to back....I usually put a jog or some other workout in between, and a rest day at least once a week.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was level 2 day 1 for me. I havent really lost much weight, guess I needed to build some muscles but the scale is finally starting to move down a little more now. Anyway, was kinda disappointed didnt have any change in my arms or thighs. My upper and lower waist were both down 2" and my hips down 1". Level 2, I kinda like it better than level 1. Not a big fan on the double jump rope. Onward and upward (well hopefully the scale moves downward!!)
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Finished day 6 yesterday, day 7 will happen this afternoon.
    No change in the scale yet but I can feel that my body is stronger than it was. Nothing miraculous yet but I've only finished 6 days so my expectations aren't high at this point.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!