starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm using 5lb weights through most of it, but I really have to push through some of them and sometimes near the end I put them down entirely.

I have a hard time with the static lunges....it's not the work of the exercise though...it's my balance! lol...I always seem to lose it and get all screwed up....especially doing them with curls!
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Level 2, Day 1 down. Oh. Em. Gee. Thankfully, the cardio seemed less intense (I still do modified moves) but she definitely hits the back muscles hard on this level. Which is good, I need that. Aw heck... I need it all.

I didn't get through every set of every move, but I didn't make it through everything on Level 1 the first time, either.

As far as weights go, I'm a 3-pounder too. No shame here. I need to move up to a 5 for some of the moves but for others the 3 still kills me.

Keep shredding!
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 2 for me! After the work out today I feel like I am getting shin splints....anyone else get that??! It sucks! My friend and I are doing this together, she is a few days behind me but she is going through shin splints now.

I had a little rough patch yesterday, I went through that feeling like....why even bother? I am not loosing weight, I dont look skinnier....but then I had to remind myself that Im only on my 12th day now....When did you all notice in the mirror that you look skinner, not on the scale.
  • TERRI1125
    TERRI1125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 2 (yesterday!!), anyone feeling a soreness in their pelvis area? I've also been doing a vigorous hilly 3 mile walk, so I wasn't sure if it was the walk or JM? I took today off to see if it gets better by tomorrow. I was thrilled this morning when I was able to wear a pair of jeans I haven't worn in a year, although the dreaded muffin top is still there :( I have never been one to really stick with a work out, but this seems to be so worth it!
  • Katiebeth2005
    Options
    Day #3 Level 1 Shredd Completed :-)
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Day 9/ level 1 done today!!! I'm scared of what level 2 holds...
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 10 Level 1 today. My weight is up a couple pounds but doesnt bother me I see a slight diff in my tummy and dare I say my arms (my biggest problem.. even at my lowest teen weight I had the ol flappers lol)

TERRIFIED TO START LEVEL 2!
    From what I read its a big step up.

Well done everyone, we got this!

Edit to say Im using 5lbs weights as well. Those anterior raises at the end.... hellish
  • purpleree6
    Options
    I use 1.5kg weights but have weak arms/wrists. Did day 1 of level 2 today and it was harder and will take me a while to get the moves right. Wrists are tender but I'm hoping I'll get stronger as the days go on. Would love to see my belly go down a bit...
  • BCsurvivor1962
    BCsurvivor1962 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am day 4. I find it is a great workout and you do work it out BUT I have a very arthritic left knee and I find it kills my knee! I am hoping it gets better with time but the jumping jacks and the butt kicks really bother my knee so I improvise that part.

I also swim a couple of times a week.

Good luck and stay focused! You can do it!
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    On day 5 of level 3 :) 5 days to go!!!!
  • sarahlynn333
    sarahlynn333 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I ordered 30 day shred a few days ago and can't wait to get started after reading the reviews. I am planning to stick to a 1200 calorie diet while doing the shred. Im happy to have found some people who are just starting it too!!
  • snapril68
    snapril68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred yesterday and boy, oh boy, was I super sore this morning. I decided to take a rest day and get back to it tomorrow. My entire body aches. I probably should have stretched more afterwards and drank more water. Lesson learned! HA ;)
  • snapril68
    snapril68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred yesterday and boy, oh boy, was I super sore this morning. I decided to take a rest day and get back to it tomorrow. My entire body aches. I probably should have stretched more afterwards and drank more water. Lesson learned! HA ;)

Oops forgot to mention this was level 1 ... I'm very much out of shape so could be another reason why I'm so sore. Lol
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm sad to say today was my first skip day. Luckily not due to lack of motivation, but I got some business stuff done early, then did my first volunteer day at our local cat shelter, then grocery/business shopping, then home to unload, cook dinner & spent a few hours reorganizing our kitchen cabinets so they would be much more organized & inviting when cooking meals. After all that, my feet are dead sore & I'm wiped, but really looking forward to picking up the workout dvd fresh tomorrow morning, and maybe a 2.5 mile walk to make up for today. :p

On the bright side, I got much more done today that I normally do, so perhaps the exercise routine & the excitement of working towards this goal is perking up my get up and go. Wishful thinking, but it would be lovely to make it through the dreaded winter season with a real sense of energy, instead of my usual "crawl into bed & stay warm" sluggishness.

Looking forward to joining you all again tomorrow morning!
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 7 last night, and it IS getting easier/I'm able to do more of it the "right" way.

Kinda afraid of level 2, but I think it will be a nice change when I get to it.
  • josie141
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm on day 11! I've had a few skip days along the way, but started level 2 today- not as bad as i thought- but definitely tougher! Level 1 started getting much easier for me after 6/7 times. I didnt take my measurements at the beginning! wish i did- but think i have lost a little- my boyfriend said my legs look trimmer and a few people have said i've lost weight in the face- can also feel my hip bone a little bit more haha! :happy: good luck everyone xxxxxxxxxx
  • Shanleyloffer
    Options
    Today will be day 3 of level 1 and my thighs are so sore.
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to say that I didn't crap out last night after a long day, and instead forced myself to do day 4 level 1 at midnight last night. Felt great waking up this morning knowing that I hadn't already skipped a day. & even after a long day, I *was* able to get through the entire video without cutting any part of it short, so I'm hoping I'm over the hump for the absolute worst of it & that my body is getting more used to it. Those side squat with the arm raises are still killing me though, I'm and still only using 3 pound weights. :p
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 4 for me. I think I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian!
  • BCsurvivor1962
    BCsurvivor1962 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Day 5 for me! Whew!

It still bothers my knee but I just modify as needed.

Hang in there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!