starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• Katiebeth2005
    Options
    Good for you that's awesome. Mind if I join you on this journey?
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and really getting a sweat doing the shred but I LOVE IT! My little victory yesterday was getting through the jumping jacks! I just go to YouTube for Level 1 but I borrowed the DVD from my local library. Check yours too, they might have a copy so you don't have to buy :)
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    hi iv not heard of the 30 day shred :blushing: could someone give me some info on it plzzz :smile:
    If you have access to youtube search 30 Day shred. You can do the levels from Youtube. They are tough! I'm currently in Level 3. We started a challenge on October 1. LEvel 2 is the worst but 3 kicks both up a notch.

To those who hate planks... LEARN to LOVE them! They get easier with each passing day! Good luck you you all! So far I have lost 2" from my waist and hips doing this routine. Weight hasn't moved too much but I'm down two pant sizes. remember to push it, but not to a point of injury. I would push it and then do it with less intensity until the pain was gone, then I stepped it up and pushed it a few days again. This workout should make you feel like you are going to die, but each day once you're done, you will feel like a million dollars for finishing. Keep returning, it's 30 days of your life, What have you got to lose?
    For me it was inches, a bad mood, and lots of excuses as to why I couldn't. I FOUND a happy person who can fit into a size 10 again, who loves to work out, and despite the difficulty returns every morning just to prove I can!
  • trance79
    trance79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have this dvd and need to start this!
  • lucylocket99
    Options
    thanks colleen118, im going to take a look on youtube now :happy:
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 level 2 on Saturday, and I didn't even have words to try to explain the complete body and mind confusion! Wow my body has NEVER done moves like that. I did Cardio Sunday and Monday was my rest day so back to the grind this morning, I WAS DREADING it! But I got out of bed and turned the video on. I was sweating like crazy when I was done but I DID IT and I feel great! I can do each set pretty hard, but the second set I don't push as hard, I need to be able to get up tomorrow and do it again. I will do atleast 10 days over the next 2 weeks, and can't wait to see what level 3 brings.

For anyone thinking about it.... DO IT! I have gotten so many compliments about losing weight over the last week, I am still way over weight but I am SHREDDING and shedding the bulk!
  • Katiebeth2005
    Options
    Day 1 30 Day Shredd Complete. Anyone know how to log this for exercise? I hate that you can't pull video tapes up on the exercise portion of this tracker.
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Circuit training - general is what most people log it under I think . . .

Day 7, level 2 for me today. I do my workout after work. Although the planking moves are still hard they are definitely a lot easier than they were on day 1!!

I love the Shred dvd!!!!

In level 1 I lost 8cms and 800gms . .
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is going to be my "day one" - and only because I work from 7 am to 10 pm on Tuesdays and sincerely do not have the drive to get up any earlier or stay awake any later than I already do. I'll join you guys on the 30DS. Good luck, all!
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Finished day 1 lvl 1 today...wow! Modified some thing, like jump rope, and jumping jacks. Good workout! The bicycle crunches were something else...stalled out for a moment there...
  • orionuer
    orionuer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am on day 10, but missed 5 days last week because I was feeling a little bit under the weather. It is actually true, you build endurance by day 4 and 5. I love it now. I can also see a difference in my waist line and I simply love it. Hope I'll figure out how to post pics and post some soon :)
  • orionuer
    orionuer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think by day 10 you'll like the jump rope a bit better, I started out with a modification I learnt through Turbo jam, but now I can do it high impact.
  • acuthbert93
    acuthbert93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You're all making me so excited to start this! I did day 1 AGES ago but then I just completely forgot about it. I do remember absolutely aching the day afterwards though, so I'm not exactly looking forward to that. But oh well, no pain no gain right? Or rather, no pain no loss. I was going to wait until the morning to start, but this thread is super motivating so I think I'll go change into workout clothes and start right now :-)
  • sc0418
    sc0418 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xCarbJunkiex
    xCarbJunkiex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 7 COMPLETED!!! :) good news is, the plank moves are becoming easier!
  • karmaology
    Options
    Jillian Michaels, man. The ***** does NOT play! It's a great workout, I'm on Day 2 and it's actually a lot easier than Day 1. But, I agree. You never know how out of shape you are until you try this.
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i just started today, I had to modify quite a few exercises because of my knees. Its perfect i'm not alone.:wink:
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    sooo, I am on level 2 day one, and oh my goodness, is it going to feel easier any time soon? I got level one down by the 5th day but i feel as this one wont be the same !! Please any words of wisdom from someone who has done it? Those plank moves and burpee looking things are killing meee... :S:(
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I actually just found 30 day shred about a month ago. Stumbled on it at the local library, and liked it so much I bought her 30 day shred, killer buns & thighs, & her frontside/backside beginners. My goal has never been to lose weight, but I'd like to regain the bum I had when I was in my early/mid twenties. I've never had a real workout routine or bothered with exercise, except to finally begin walking a year ago. So far I am loving these videos and I simply alternate them each time, but I must say the killer buns & thighs.... well, it really is a killer workout.

Sorry for the rambling. I was very excited to find this support group resource but I'm still not really clear on how to make best use of it. I'd love to join an accountability group that might motivate me to stay on track with at least one video workout per day, and the walks. My goal is not weight loss but rather to firm up, so I'm not quite sure which groups/challenges I would fit into. Any advice would be most appreciated, or perhaps you can point me to a group that is beginning a Jillian Michaels or standard workout challenge to keep me on track.
  • bsnmomtomany
    bsnmomtomany Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just bought it tonight can't wait to get results ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!