starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I can't do the jump rope, I don't know why as I can do the jumping jacks but the jump rope is killing me. I am doing modified moves for everything. I just hope I get the great results with the modified moves. Feel free to add me :). I'm gonna need all of the help I can get, lol.
  • HelmaTO
    HelmaTO Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I actually just started today too, again. I find it hard to make it work everyday, even though sometimes I have lame excuses. I find it hard to stay motivated every day :( I really want to do this though, so hopefully getting back into MFP as well as starting 30DS again will work for me!
  • xCarbJunkiex
    xCarbJunkiex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey shredders! Today I did L2 Day 6...so I'm over halfway through!! YAY! I just wanted to share how much I dislike level 2, finally today I was able to get through all the plank moves without stopping...the burn in my shoulders is CRAZY! But I must also add that I'm loving the results I'm seeing, therefore it's all worth it!!! :happy:
  • cherryaide
    Options
    i did my second day today, everything hurts, but in a rewarding way. not looking forward to planking moves in level 2! i hate planking with a passion, its so uncomfortable!
  • pickleRH83
    pickleRH83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, I'm interesting to know how you would go about logging the exercise for this? I have the DVD as well but I'm never sure how to log it!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Day 5 level 1 done this morning. Did a 40 minute 4.5 mile walk first (school run) then went straight into it! Even managed to so some push ups. I'd do one then count to 5 and do another, hopefully I'll eventually be able to do it without the 5 seconds between!
    I have my stop watch running, psychologically it helps me if I know how much is left, but by 8 minutes I am exhausted bu get my second wind to carry on!
    Keep at it ladies!!
    xx
  • TXRedDirt
    TXRedDirt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ha day one kicked my tail. I did my first workout on my lunch break and when I went to do my normal run I just couldn't. My legs were jello from the squats. This morning I'm extremly sore. Curious how day 2 is going to make me feel.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, I'm interesting to know how you would go about logging the exercise for this? I have the DVD as well but I'm never sure how to log it!

I have read another MFP person say that the circuit training is equivalent to the calorie burn.
  • wizbeth1218
    Options
    Ha day one kicked my tail. I did my first workout on my lunch break and when I went to do my normal run I just couldn't. My legs were jello from the squats. This morning I'm extremly sore. Curious how day 2 is going to make me feel.

I promise you that the second day is much, much easier! I thought the first day would kill me. But every single day really does get easier. Good for you for starting!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    For me, day 1 was rough. Day 2 was rougher, my legs hurt, my shoulders hurt. Day 3 was better than day 2 but worse than day 1. I am on day 6 today and yesterday (day 5), I finally felt a burst of endurance. I did most of the push ups, almost all of the jump rope (jump rope is the devil!!), and most of the side squats (that really burns my shoulders, ouch). I am also doing the c25k program as well. On a side note, I measured my upper waist last night and I had lost 2 inches :)
  • destinee1103
    destinee1103 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    please advise,

I did level one for 8 days then I stoped for like a week :( should I continue or start over to day one
  • wizbeth1218
    Options
    please advise,

I did level one for 8 days then I stoped for like a week :( should I continue or start over to day one

I don't know that it matters all that much. Maybe try level 1 and see if it feels like it's not enough of a challenge. If you get through it too easily, then move on to level 2 next time.

I think what matters more is that you DO it. :)
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Day 6 level 1 planned for tonight....still hating jump rope too! My calves burn so much, but I wonder if this is because I don't wear shoes while I do it? I don't like to wear shoes in the house.

Does everyone else do it barefoot (well, with socks lol) or with shoes?
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Day 8, IN THE BOOKS! wooo!!!!

Looking forward to level 2, because level 1 is getting a little boring since I've done it 8 times...

I have started to quote Jillian as she talks--- I've got her lines memorized! LOL
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Day 6 level 1 planned for tonight....still hating jump rope too! My calves burn so much, but I wonder if this is because I don't wear shoes while I do it? I don't like to wear shoes in the house.

I wear shoes. Jump rope still sucks!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options

I know the feeling, we don't wear shoes in the house either! I wear trainers to do 30DS though because it is high impact and I have wooden floors.
  • shanniebug
    shanniebug Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I wear shoes. Jump rope still sucks!

I agree! I despise jump rope!
  • TERRI1125
    TERRI1125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of Level 2, I HATE PLANK MOVES!!! Ok that made me feel better!! At the end of the workout my shoulders were burning.... I certainly hope those plank moves get easier or I will be stuck on this level forever...I did take my measurements today however and was pleasantly surprised! 1" off my chest, ribs and waist, only .5" off my hips and thighs and arms, but still what an improvement!
  • lucylocket99
    Options
    hi iv not heard of the 30 day shred :blushing: could someone give me some info on it plzzz :smile:
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options

I know the feeling, we don't wear shoes in the house either! I wear trainers to do 30DS though because it is high impact and I have wooden floors.

Hmmm...I might consider trying it out. I either do it on an area rug....or, my preferable location, in the playroom/family room...on the playmats....much easier on the back and feet!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!