starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Went for a jog yesterday and now plan to move on to D3 L1 tonight!
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I completed day 6/ level 1 today, not sore anymore and still trying to push through the first set of jumping jacks after the jump rope, but did not stop today but not as fast as Jillian's girls on the jumping jacks. I am able to keep up with all the rest of it, it's addicting. I am already seeing results, my belly as shrunk some (just a little but I can see it) and my arms and legs have a little more definition. Good luck to everyone.
  • krissycupicake
    Options
    I DID IT :D I did not finish the entire workout Level One Day One, I was dying. So for Day Two, I was really worried, I did NOT want another day of feeling like crap cz I couldn't finish. BUT I DID IT :D I cursed, I yelled, I stopped to catch my breath a few times, but I finished! I really cannot express how happy I feel. Yes, I feel sore, and yes, my arms hate me from those push-ups, but seriously, just finishing the workout is enjoyment enough right now! I am so excited for Day Three tomorrow :D Thanks for everyone's support! <3
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is my day 1 of Level 1 of the 30 DS. I got the DVD last week but put it off because I didn't want to be sore for my trip to Chicago this week. I did all the modified exercises, but it wasn't as hard as I was fearing. After 3 glasses of water I've finally stopped shaking. Now I'm just wondering how sore I'm going to be tomorrow - I can already feel it in my rear. By the way, I'm almost 58 years old. So if there's anyone out there afraid to try this: If I can do it, so can you:wink:
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • Meriguz
    Meriguz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just passed this DVD up twice this week at different stores, and now I see this post. It's a sign, I am picking it up tonight. Good Luck everyone!
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    Day 3 for me! I love it....except for jump rope. I hate jump rope.... :)

Haha! I actually love the jump rope! I hate the side lunges with the weights. I just can't keep up with them! So the cardio parts are a relief for me.
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Haha! I actually love the jump rope! I hate the side lunges with the weights. I just can't keep up with them! So the cardio parts are a relief for me.

Hate those too!! I can use my 5lb weights for everything except these!
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I tried day 1 yesterday and I am so sore I couldn't even sit down properly :(

I am very tempted to skip a day or does everyone plough on striaight through?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Hate those too!! I can use my 5lb weights for everything except these!

I do the jump rope parts by moving the way I actually would when jumping rope. I have never jumped rope with both feet jumping at the same time. It's more like skipping, in fact, we used to call it "skipping rope."
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

I do 3 days on, then 1 rest day where I do some other light cardio. I find that after a rest day my strength and endurance are a LOT better.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I do 3 days on, then 1 rest day where I do some other light cardio. I find that after a rest day my strength and endurance are a LOT better.

I agree. I don't think it is wise to eliminate rest. Muscle recovery is just as important as exercise.
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Today is day 3 for me. I'm fighting a cold but going to try to power through and do it anyway. Seems after this workout I am super-tired for a couple hours (and starving) but if I can make it through with a snack or light lunch, I then I feel absolutely terrific and energized and not so hungry the rest of the day. I hope it keeps up! I really can't cut calories because I'm nursing my 7-week old, but it's also tough not to eat everything in sight. I'm now regretting every m&m I ate during my pregnancy! I am a little sore today but not too bad.

For those of you that feel like you're too out of shape to do this, they show modifications to make some of the moves a bit easier, so I think you can. You can also take a 10 second break to walk in place if you feel you need to, even though she says not to.
  • westonhive
    westonhive Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is my day 1 of Level 1 of the 30 DS. I got the DVD last week but put it off because I didn't want to be sore for my trip to Chicago this week. I did all the modified exercises, but it wasn't as hard as I was fearing. After 3 glasses of water I've finally stopped shaking. Now I'm just wondering how sore I'm going to be tomorrow - I can already feel it in my rear. By the way, I'm almost 58 years old. So if there's anyone out there afraid to try this: If I can do it, so can you:wink:

I began today also, well sort of. I got about 12 mins in..I am going to press on tho..
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Back from my hols yesterday but feel so guilty as I had only got to Level 1 Day 3 before I went. I was going to give up on doing the shred but after reading some of the posts on here I've I've decided not to but to get back onto it, and so I've just managed to complete Level 1 Day 4. Boy was it tough, but I got through it, yay!!!! :smile:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Just finished day five... i went to a Group Power class this morning ,and wasn't going to do day 5 today, but I decided to do it anyway!

day 5 was much easier than day 4.... but I STILL HATE THE JUMP ROPE!
  • smousley
    Options
    I'm going to start today as well...wish me luck!!
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I hate the first set of cardio,with the jumping jacks, jump rope back to back...freakin kills me everytime lol

sunday makes for level 2...eeeek pretty exciting and nerve wracking!
  • lilysmama08
    lilysmama08 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Today was L1D6 for me, and and I just finished it. (yesterday was my rest day. I'm not counting my rest days in the 30 days.) can't wait to get to level 2! I think the rest day helped me out a lot! It was much easier than D4.
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I promise I'll start my 30 day shred soon!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!