starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• autumn_duo
    autumn_duo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me too....

Hard to believe that only 20 minutes is going to make that much difference... We shall see
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    Is anyone doing anything in addition to the 30 Day Shred?
    I'm thinking of also doing the elliptical or treadmill 30-45 min about 4-5 days a week.
    If you were to do this would you do the 30DS and then do cardio or do cardio first and then do the 30DS?

I do 30DS and then I take the dog out (she runs whilst I walk). I tried it the other way around but found I was too tired so my advice would be to shred first. Hope that helps

I wish i read this earlier today.

I just did the 30 Day shred Day 1 and I almost pooped out.... because just before I did it. I did 160 min of Walking.
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done yay!!!!! Still feeling a little sore but I'm determined to finish the shred this time round.

I didn't manage to get the extra workout in last night, but have decided to take my laptop away with me so that I can can still do the DVD every morning. Don't know if that's a good or a bad thing lol :laugh:

Hope everyone is doing good!
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow morning and excited about it!!
  • cmacohio1975
    cmacohio1975 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I am on my rest day today, but tomorrow will be day 3 of level 1. I will do each level for 10 days, measure before switching levels.
    I did the ripped in 30 video and lost a total of 4 lbs and 11 inches... so YES Jillian's videos DO work!! I am looking forward to similar results with this one! :)
  • shapeup6
    shapeup6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Okay my DVD finally arrived Friday and I started right away so I am now on level 1 day 4 as of this morning.
    On Saturday I went to the gym first and did cardio and did the 30DS afterwards. It was rough!
    This morning I did the 30DS first and cardio right after which worked MUCH better!
    I felt more energized when I did the shred first. I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this! It was very helpful!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I think I will start it today again. I've never made it past day 15 :( At least I will finish by Thanksgiving- which is my birthday!!!!!
    will check back w/ y'all daily!
  • QMHayden
    QMHayden Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Day one for me, will post stats soon...we can DO IT!
  • TERRI1125
    TERRI1125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!! Today was level 1 day 8, still struggling with the push ups, but I did the bicycle crunches the whole time! Was excited for that. I don't struggle with the jump rope thing, but I hate the butt kicks. I took my measurements again this morning and I am down a total of 4 inches (1.5 in my waist!!) so that in itself is pretty motivating. I think I will finish the week out on level 1 and start level 2 next Monday.

Keep up the great work!
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I started 30 DS Saturday, when I woke up Sunday morning my thighs were very, very, very sore and still are. I am not a fan of the jumping jacks, but I can tolerate the jump rope. Saturday I did the 30 DS and went to the gym and did a Zumba class and was on the treadmill at 4.0 for 25 minutes, wow what a burn that was but wasn't too bad. Sunday morning I did the 30 DS and went to the gym and was on the elliptical for 20 minutes and treadmill for 15 minutes. I would love to join the group, and today I will be on day 3 level 1, good luck to everyone!!!
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on day 3 of level 1. I am loving it to be honest! I like that it goes by so quickly. I am sore all over but this kind of sore is the good kind. :wink:

*Is there anyone else not doing this every day for 30 days straight? My time for the workout is first thing in the morning and being able to get up early all depends on if my 2 little ones let me get a good night of sleep. I don't know if I could fall asleep if I did this workout in the evening.
  • purpleree6
    Options
    I just started day 1, level 1 today. Did it in my Zaggora Hotpants too so am doubly sweaty. I don't mind the jump rope but really struggle with press ups.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on day 3 of level 1. I am loving it to be honest! I like that it goes by so quickly. I am sore all over but this kind of sore is the good kind. :wink:

*Is there anyone else not doing this every day for 30 days straight? My time for the workout is first thing in the morning and being able to get up early all depends on if my 2 little ones let me get a good night of sleep. I don't know if I could fall asleep if I did this workout in the evening.

Even if you are incredibly fit, you shouldn't be training the same muscles for 30 days straight. Ignoring recovery time means your muscles don't get to grow, so you don't get stronger, thus defeating the purpose of the program. Also, not resting can result in injury, especially for novices. There has already been at least one thread on injuries due to not letting muscles recover from exercise.

Remember that 30DS is NOT straight cardio. You can walk every day of your life with no issues. You can NOT increase your strength without recovery time in between strength training sessions.
  • carolinagirl0
    carolinagirl0 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Are you suppose to do the workout every day or every other day?
  • Nimiko
    Nimiko Posts: 52
    Options
    I just started today too!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Are you suppose to do the workout every day or every other day?

Jillian's recommendation (from the DVD) is to do the shred two days in a row, then do light cardio the next day, then have a rest day, then repeat. Personally, I have been doing it on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, then light cardio on Tuesday, Thursday, and taking the weekend as rest days. Some people have set up different schedules for a variety of reasons. My schedule is working for me, but others may need to set it up differently. But seriously, if you are not taking a day off at all, then you may as well just do a standard aerobics video because you are not fully benefiting from 30DS or increasing your strength if you are not letting your muscles recover in between workouts. It is during the rest/recovery time that your muscles heal and grow.
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Day 4, level 1- 30 Day Shred, it's getting a little easier, I can handle more of the jumping jacks. Hopefully I will be able to complete the whole video without taking a break during the jumping jacks.
  • Nimiko
    Nimiko Posts: 52
    Options
    Day 2 for me and I SURVIVED it!!
  • PANSYD
    PANSYD Posts: 1
    Options
    WHAT IS THE 30 DAY SHRED I JUST STARTED
  • QMHayden
    QMHayden Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Where in the DVD does it suggest those guidelines? Thank u, that gives me a schedule to work with because I too was wondering if u just bust it out in consecutive days. So that being said, it will take longer than 30 days to complete it I see. I should be finished in time for my husband's corporate Christmas party. Maybe I'll post some pics then.

Day 2 on level 1 today for me, I'm a bit sore from day 1 but I'm excited and ready for results! I will post my stats when I have completed 10 days on level 1! Feel free to add me, we can do this together!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!