starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• ami525
    ami525 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hi guys update on today.
    day 2,
    still can do a press up, still finding it hard, but managing not to take break today.

wen i do the jumping jacks, all of things are jiggling lol
    hoping to tighten those up.
    is that tmi

will update again soon,

all u guys doing shred. dont give up. just think 20 mins and u r done

come at the end of month we can post inch/weight loss.
    happy shredding:happy:
  • ami525
    Options
    nice going stephfork
    keep it up
  • CourtneyWalk
    CourtneyWalk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did a round of 30 D.S. in August and lost 22 inches over my whole body and 15lbs. Just started another round on Monday, and it is so much easier (still hard, ha!) this time around! Keep going, you will see results with this, if you push through each day it will work! I feel you with the jumping jacks, my thighs were the same, but now in round two i can feel a definite improvement in the jiggling!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Day 3 for me! I love it....except for jump rope. I hate jump rope.... :)

When I was a kid, I *never* jumped rope with the actions they use in the video! I always do the motions similar to how i jumped rope as a kid, lest I trip and fall. :laugh:
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done! I'd actually forgotten how hard it was to do. I feel so tired and my legs and arms are aching already! Sure it'll be worth it in the end though :smile:
  • TERRI1125
    TERRI1125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6, started mid week last week (I can never get motivated on Monday mornings!) I have been doing two days shredding and one day rest, during the week. I walk for an hour or use the elliptical for 30 min every day. I have been taking weekends off as we have been traveling each one.

I feel like I can tell that my endurance has improved, but I CANNOT do the pushups for the entire time.... I have upped the weights for the chest flys, but went down on the side lunge presses as I couldn't lift my arms to get dressed. I made the mistake of previewing the Level 2.... totally not looking forward to all of the plank things.....

I have to admit, I wake up and really look forward to working out. It really helps to see that others are feeling the same things about it as well. Have a great weekend!!:drinker:
  • Dupas1962
    Dupas1962 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Question how can a person determine if I am ready for the next level on the 30 day shred?
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    As I was so overweight and even more unfit I decided to take things slowly(ish) and did 30 days on level 1 and am now 13 days into my month of level 2. Yes it's hard but I am really reaping the benefits of sticking with it. I feel fantastic, weight is coming off, I have more energy but also more confidence. I CAN do this. Stick with it!!!
  • maisha79
    maisha79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did my first day of the 'shred' level 1 yesterday.. I am no stranger to exercise, but this was a challenge for me.. I am trying to change up my routine as I feel I have reached a stubborn plateau.. I am very interested in joing the support group, please add me. Thanks! :smile:
  • litax
    litax Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started it some weeks ago but then I got a bad cold and could not really workout more than ten minutes without being out of breath. I will start again tomorrow.

:)
  • plipsurt
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred. I would like to know more about this so I can join as well. Thanks:bigsmile:

You can see this on You Tube just search 30 day shred and the whole thing is there. Be warned! It can be addictive lol
  • plipsurt
    Options
    Is anyone doing anything in addition to the 30 Day Shred?
    I'm thinking of also doing the elliptical or treadmill 30-45 min about 4-5 days a week.
    If you were to do this would you do the 30DS and then do cardio or do cardio first and then do the 30DS?

I do 30DS and then I take the dog out (she runs whilst I walk). I tried it the other way around but found I was too tired so my advice would be to shred first. Hope that helps
  • JessFromEngland
    JessFromEngland Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have just downloaded the 30 Day Shred too! It will be great to follow a group of people doing the same thing. Please feel free to add me :)
  • Csengure
    Csengure Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday! I didn't realize how demonic that jump rope move was. I hate that more than anything.

So far my strategy is to run a warm bath beforehand so I have somewhere to relax after I'm done shredding and then staggering into the bathroom fumbling blindly for a towel to wipe the resulting sweat out of my eyes whilst sucking down water as fast as humanly possible.
  • ami525
    Options
    hey to all the new joiners

I have just seen that 30 day shred is on youtube. so no need to wait for dvd delivery.
    welcome to all the new guys starting the 30 DS.

I am on day 3 today, still finding it hard but not as day one. I dont mind jump rope, but I detest push ups, cant do even half of one.
    Just join the group, update on how u found it. weekly we going to do inch loss/weightloss .
    The only thing is the stretches could be longer at the end, so to prevent soreness do hold stretches for longer, other than that enjoy......

will update day 4 tmmrrw
    bye for now
  • ami525
    Options
    Csengure, u r funny, loving that idea of the bath
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Day 14 here, alternating days because I don't have time and energy to do it every day. So far have lost no weight at all but lost 3 inches from waist and about an inch everywhere else. On level 2 now and its fab!
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 out of the way...YAY!!!!

I actually did it first thing this morning after a quick coffee. I'm still feeling a bit sore from yesterday but found that having a nice hot shower after eases the pain :)

I'm away for a few days next week so I'm going to try and get a few 'extra' workouts in before I go and after I get back so that I don't fall behind you guys too much...may try and squeeze in a workout just before bed

x
  • PabloandDiego
    Options
    I'm on day 13, have had two rest days on saturdays in that time. I'm planning to have a rest day every week and may continue it for about 34/35 days to make up for the rest days. I moved to level 2 on day 7 as i felt i was ready but i think i'll be on level 2 for a bit! I measured myself after the first week and had lost an inch off my waist and half an inch from my hips, also lost 1.5 pounds! I was really pleased with my results as i only have a few pounds to lose and wanted the shred to mix up my routine, hopefully ill get those extra 5 pounds off before my wedding in 6 weeks! Hope everyone else is doing ok? Are you doing other exercise too? I'm still doing my hot yoga class which i do about 3 times a week, but that's more for relaxation.
  • LKG31
    LKG31 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1, day 2... my legs are definitely burning!!! I can't wait to continue on with it and see results!! Good luck everyone!! Feel free to add me! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!