starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• shantiface
    shantiface Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im an inch down after day 7! it's hard work but i'm loving it :)
  • Dupas1962
    Dupas1962 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm new to working out first thing first. What's the 30 day shred? Where can I find it? And is it good for beginners?
  • turkishmelly
    turkishmelly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love it! Day 3 tomorrow
  • warsenic
    Options
    You can find 30 Day Shred on Youtube for free on the channel called BeFit.

I'm on day 2 but I really like it so far.
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I finished day 1 today too.. I bet I'll be sore tomorrow! Love the support on this site!
  • ami525
    ami525 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hey dupas, its a dvd from jillian micheals,
    u can get it from amazon for £4.00 about $7
    there is very good reviews on it that why i got it, today is day 2 for me, which me luck gonna do it in 30 mins
  • ami525
    Options
    hi stephfork
    i did day one yesterday, not that sore, just remember the stretches at the end, do it for a little longer than JM.
    i read somewhere if u drink glass of milk after workout u wont be as sore, that's what i did.
    keep it up.
    post your workout progress.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to start on the 1st of October. I did a day & that was it.

I am going to try again. It's just hard to try & find a good time to do it. I'm not a huge fan of exercising really early in the morning but I guess that's the only time I can do it. :sad:

I might get back into it now that I'm back seeing my personal trainer.
  • ssalmfp
    ssalmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started on October 1st, so today was day 1 of level 2. There are aspects of level 2 that are difficult, but overall, I think it was easier for me than the first couple days on level 1. Honestly though, it took me until the last couple days to be able to do all the exercises without stopping at all (though, I can still only do the wimpy push-ups. That is a work in progress).
  • hhartga
    Options
    I was hoping to find something on here for the 30 DAY SHRED and ta-da!

I started DAY 1 yesterday .... to be fair it WAS tough and i was SWEATING LOADS! haha but it was do-able! I was quite pleased!

I can't do proper push ups yet but maybe in time..............

after I was finished i felt SO GOOD1 and felt like i could DO MORE! crazy. I diddnt though, good job too as i ACHE SO MUCH today haha.

Thats not just from 30 DAY SHRED DAY 1 but from other exersise the other day.

IT'S GOING TO HURT TODAY THOUGH! BUT I'M DETERMINED!

I hope I see results :)

GOOD LUCK TEAM SHREDDIES!

XXX
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Do you mind if I join you???

I'm on holiday for 4 days next week though - but would rather start it now hoping that I will continue when I get back!!! Feel free to moan at me if I don't :-)

I've tried the shred once before and got to Level 2, day 2 but had to stop for health reasons a couple of months back, but am now ready for the challenge.
  • hhartga
    Options
    SURE!

Let's do this!!!
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ami525- I'm surprised that I'm not too sore. I can definately feel it in my abs but everything else feels ok. I'm looking forward to the challenge again today! :)
  • shapeup6
    shapeup6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing anything in addition to the 30 Day Shred?
    I'm thinking of also doing the elliptical or treadmill 30-45 min about 4-5 days a week.
    If you were to do this would you do the 30DS and then do cardio or do cardio first and then do the 30DS?
  • elevensgirl
    elevensgirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in day 4 today too! I read in a couple of other threads that JM says to do it as follows: 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest. That's my plan. On my cardio days I either do elliptical or run for 45 minutes. And on most shred days I do 15-20 minutes of elliptical afterward for an extra calorie burn.

The only meal plan I follow is eating most or all of my net calories on MFP, but I'm a former Weight Watchers follower so I still aim for 5-7 fruits and veggies and all my neccesary calcium for the day.

Right now level 1 is a challenge, but I'm excited to bump up to level 2. Some of the strength moves are a little too easy. I misplaced my 5# weights, so I'm only using 2.5# ones.

Oh, and I have 50 pounds to lose!
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing anything in addition to the 30 Day Shred?
    I'm thinking of also doing the elliptical or treadmill 30-45 min about 4-5 days a week.
    If you were to do this would you do the 30DS and then do cardio or do cardio first and then do the 30DS?

I swim twice a week for an hour each time and dance on Saturday nights!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I restarted and are now on day 3 level 1.... it does get easier...
  • ctvenezia
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred. I would like to know more about this so I can join as well. Thanks:bigsmile:
  • shapeup6
    shapeup6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm in day 4 today too! I read in a couple of other threads that JM says to do it as follows: 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest. That's my plan. On my cardio days I either do elliptical or run for 45 minutes. And on most shred days I do 15-20 minutes of elliptical afterward for an extra calorie burn.

The only meal plan I follow is eating most or all of my net calories on MFP, but I'm a former Weight Watchers follower so I still aim for 5-7 fruits and veggies and all my neccesary calcium for the day.

Right now level 1 is a challenge, but I'm excited to bump up to level 2. Some of the strength moves are a little too easy. I misplaced my 5# weights, so I'm only using 2.5# ones.

Oh, and I have 50 pounds to lose!

This sounds like a good plan! For some reason I have it in my head that I have to do it everyday for 30 days straight. I think mixing it up with cardio & a rest day will give great results.

Good luck with level 2!!
  • ami525
    Options
    hey mumx5, the more the merrier, join in, if u can start today or tommorrw,
    we will support and push each other, ppl are great and encouraging here.
    :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!