starting the 30 day shred

Options
ami525
ami525 Posts: 17 Member
Hi I have just after much procrastination start this program.
If u want to join and start , lets motivate each other.

:tongue: Day 1, I am soooo unfit. I found it really hard.
But waded thru it. I am looking forward to the day it gets easier.
will update day 2

Replies

• Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 and I am really feeling a difference. You will sweat girl.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 4 for me. It's tough! I have 140+ pounds to lose so it's slow going for me. But I can tell that it's a little easier each day.

I still think JM is a ruthless *itch. :)
  • buckpamela
    Options
    You can do it!!! I'm over 50 and soooooooooooooo tried of even talking about weight. I just started last week so this is new for me. My
    Gynecologist told me she and her brother were doing the program. I find this makes me think about what I'm eating it holds me more
    accountable. I love the way it counts calories for you. I will weight in bi-weekly in her office like Orprah Winfrey said "we stop looking".
    The scale doesn't lie.

My name is Pamela stay encourage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me too. I've done it before, although haven't followed the 30 days because I didn't have that much time between traveling, and I've only gone up to level 2. I have just enough time before I travel again to get the 30 days in IF I don't take any breaks, so hopefully I can make it. =)
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I've just been onto Amazon and bought the dvd,
    After lots and lots of though, it could just work for me.
    I walk each day and log my food, alas to no avail,
    I really love a challenge though, so know I'll not fail!

I know you guys on mpf are solid good and true,
    and if I make it work for me, it will also work for you.
    Let's journey down this path as friends,
    for we all know it's true,
    The path is better travelled with friends as good as you!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I just did day 4 of level one last night. I am already shedding some fat, down a half inch all over. I can't wait to see the results when the 30 days are done! I :heart: Jillian! :laugh: :drinker:
  • ami525
    Options
    thanks guys, u are all awesome, this gives me hope .
    can add u guys as friends i will send friend request to u
    thanks again
  • ami525
    Options
    do u guys follow a specific eating plan or?
    any diet advice would be welcome, i eat junk and am trying to cut that out.
    the problem is it taste sooo good lol
  • ami525
    Options
    wow that amazing , in just 4 days, I can do u press up to save my life.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    today is day 4 for me as well. I love the program. It gets easier. I'm not following any eating program, just eating my allotted MFP calories and my earned exercise calories.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    There's a new 30-day shred group formed just yesterday. Want to join us?

I'm on day 2, level I. Time to get off my big fat behind and do it.
  • bethhine
    bethhine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've got the DVD sitting on my shelf. You've inspired me to start it again!

I think I will do it on alternate days with other exercise. Have just started jogging. Doing 35 mins at a time.

Will do the Shred twice a week. It is a great all rounder and good for core and strength.

I'll let you know how I do.

I've got 30lbs to lose for my first goal x
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I am doing IIFYM. That is, I stick to my calorie goal and aim to get 80-90 grams of protein each day. I pretty much let fats and carbs fall where they will at that point. In a calorie deficit, the most important thing is protein, especially if you are exercising your muscles. Most studies show that high protein and strength training is the best way to burn fat and keep your lean body mass.

My macros are set to 50c/25f/25p and so I try to hit my protein first. Some days I have a little more fat and some days a little more carbs, but I do pretty well on staying under on both most of the time.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

I started my journey by doing the Daniel Fast (check out www.daniel-fast.com). I don't know that it's the right fit for everyone, but it certainly helped me to eliminate junk foods (I was a fast food junkie!) and develop a habit of eating fresh clean foods. It also helped me realize that I can rely on a higher strength when the motivation feels gone.

Now that I am done with the fast I find that my system really prefers the cleaner eating. When I do eat high-calorie, high-fat, rich foods (even in small amounts) I wind up suffering with stomach cramps and the raging trots (sorry if that makes anyone squeamish). I didn't realize how much time I spend in the bathroom when I was eating so badly!

My doctor has me on a high protein, low carb, diet; right now I am focusing on a general lifestyle change.I have so much to lose at this point that I know any calorie deficit and any consistent physical activity will be a huge improvement.
  • ami525
    Options
    well done bethhine

put that dvd in and lets all enjoy the pain:happy:
  • ami525
    Options
    thanks wizbeth
  • healthyversionofme
    healthyversionofme Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    in group section: THANKSGIVING SHREDDERS...CHECK US OUT FOR SUPPORT! STARTED YESTERDAY!
  • shanniebug
    shanniebug Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Day 3 for me! I love it....except for jump rope. I hate jump rope.... :)
  • shapeup6
    shapeup6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm anxiously waiting for my DVD to arrive in the mail today so I can start tonight!
  • Fugeela
    Fugeela Posts: 96
    Options
    I just started it and I don't feel the pain, but I think I may have not tried so hard. I am still proud of myself, I really feel this in my arms however. Wewwww, burn
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!