starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• TERRI1125
    TERRI1125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Level 2! I was able to do the plank walk out thing the entire time! Not so much the plank jacks :( My shoulders were burning from the press/lunge things and then moving right into a plank was agony. Hopefully it will get better. Everyone is so encouraging! I plan to shred tomorrow and rest Sunday then hit it hard on Monday and Tuesday, rest Wednesday and then back at it Thursday and Friday. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • SAB8A
    SAB8A Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I so want to start the 30 Day Shred and love the fact that I can get this for FREE on YouTube. But.. with getting this off of YOUTUBE I'm sure I'm missing the information that usually comes with the DVD. So what I'm wondering is how do I know when to switch to the other levels and also I'm currently on a 1200 cal/day diet. Do I need to eat back the calories I burn to be able to lose weight? Any help in these areas are much appreciated. Thank you and can't wait to begin my agonizing trip to my AFTER. :)

Oh and to those that are complaining about soreness.. I remember reading that Chocolate Milk will help with soreness when drank within an hour after finishing your workout. I have done this and it does help with the soreness. I did see a difference when I did drink the milk and when I didn't on how much pain I was in after excercising. So much better when I drank milk then when I didn't.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Eating a banana will help with muscle cramps, too. :) I'm not a lover of bananas but will eat them if I've done a hard or long workout where I expect to have issues later.
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I so want to start the 30 Day Shred and love the fact that I can get this for FREE on YouTube. But.. with getting this off of YOUTUBE I'm sure I'm missing the information that usually comes with the DVD. So what I'm wondering is how do I know when to switch to the other levels and also I'm currently on a 1200 cal/day diet. Do I need to eat back the calories I burn to be able to lose weight? Any help in these areas are much appreciated. Thank you and can't wait to begin my agonizing trip to my AFTER. :)

Oh and to those that are complaining about soreness.. I remember reading that Chocolate Milk will help with soreness when drank within an hour after finishing your workout. I have done this and it does help with the soreness. I did see a difference when I did drink the milk and when I didn't on how much pain I was in after excercising. So much better when I drank milk then when I didn't.

In regards to SAB8A's post above: the DVD doesn't really have that much more information that what is on the level one workout (I haven't seen the other 2 levels yet)
    Thanks for the tip about the chocolate milk. I thought it was too good to be true, so I googled it and there is an article on WebMD that backs it up and explains why it works. I'll make sure I have some for Monday when I start level 2.
  • brittanysly
    brittanysly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i just finished level 1 and thought it was pretty easy/short . dose this mean i need to move up a level ?
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out how you post and refer to someone's prior post.
  • xCarbJunkiex
    xCarbJunkiex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    JUST COMPLETED LEVEL 2 :drinker: :happy: .....level 3 here I come!!!!
  • dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    OK - you guys got me!!! After just sitting and reading thru the first 4 1/2 pages of this thread - I got up, changed clothes & DID IT!!!!
    I can say Level 1, Day 1 is DONE
    Boy does my body hate me - knees are still screaming 20 minutes later. I hope they can keep up, they were really making noises thru this......
    And I thought I was getting in better shape with my vigorous 5mile walks these past 2 months - shot me down
    But I know you are all here to help push me through. Been stuck the last month & hope this will get me losing again
    Thanks for the push!!!
    Dawn
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    @ dmcole: Level 1 of this dvd has been a bit rough on my knees as well (I've taken about 5 good falls on them and one has always felt like something got a bit tweaked). I was doing good until today, when I finally had to improvise another exercise in at a few points (I just sub in some squats or something easier).

Day 5 Level 1 Completed! & still no skip days. I must say this group has really helped to keep me motivated. Seeing so many others pushing through really makes all the difference.
  • npayne90
    npayne90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred about 3 weeks ago, but have been doing it 3 times a week, so I'm am still on level 1, but I am planning to do it consistently 5 days a week instead. I have noticed a massive difference in my back at the top from the side view in my mirror. When I looked in the mirror from the side I would hate my shoulder/ back and arms because it was out and round, but now my back looks slimmer and straight! I am so happy, I think its the push ups, I can't do them but them but the ones I scream trying to do seems to be working! hahahah I am 10 and half months post baby/c-section and 165 pounds, 5'4 tall. Any advice please share! I have the c section belly pooch :-(
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Ho. Lee. Mo. Lee. Get a load of this:

I had hubby take before pics of me before I started 30DS. That was on 10/8/12.
    As of today, I have done 14 days of Level 1, and 1 day of Level 2. I asked hubby to take the same pics again, just to see if I could tell a difference since starting.

The answer is YES, I can see a difference. Pardon me while I go float away on my little cloud 9. :happy:
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    @ Wizbeth: That's amazing... and a killer reminder that I need to take my before pics now. I did take some on day 1, just to force myself to accept what my butt currently looks like (it's drooped some on me and I've just been wearing long jackets & skirts for the past year), but then I deleted them because it's a shared camera & I wasn't sure where to store them out of site. The good news was, I didn't cringe as bad as I expected when I saw them, but I still think my butt looks worse in person than the photos captured (especially in jeans, where I can see that dreaded droop line).

For those who are taking before & after photos... where are you hiding the evidence? I'm afraid if it's on the computer someone will stumble on it. & I don't want to put it on my photobucket because it's my business account, and that could get a little too interesting to try and explain. :p
  • Nursetynua
    Options
    I would like that. I would be nice to share with some one else who is also feeling my pain LOL!
  • Nursetynua
    Options
    what is the DVD that they are talking about? I found this app on my phone.
  • Kashaea
    Kashaea Posts: 14
    Options
    On Day 3 Level 2 and seeing some changes already. Level 2 is very challenging but I'm not stopping until Day 30 Level 3!
  • elevensgirl
    elevensgirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started level 2 this past week. Wow is it hard!!! My muscles are sore today. I'm glad I only have cardio planned.

Sadly, next week I have to have gallbladder surgery, so I will have to stop the Shred :( I don't know yet when I'll be able to start again. I'm going to do Level 2, 3 more times so I can say I made it exactly half way through.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Day 7 level 1 completed. I was able to do the harder version all the way through even the lower dips! I'm not as our of breath and my calfs don't burn so much doing the butt kicks!

The funny thing is i ran up the stairs at work, 4 flights and wasn't even out of breath, it was a BRILLIANT feeling!

Keep at it girls!
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Any of you that r doing this just now and struggling then keep at it. Ive did it 27 days straight and ive lost 9 inches :D
  • dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    L1 D2 done - knees held up little better than last night, woke up with some soreness but not as much as i was afraid of. going for long walk in the morning

really enjoy reading everyone's progress - really helps push me along!! keep moving!!!
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Day 5 is here....housework to be done first then off the shred. :) Not too sore anymore during the day. I do still feel some soreness during the workout & stretches though but it's getting so much better now!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!