starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    My 11 year old daughter decided she was going to do the work out with me! She's in her pj's and slippers and I said she couldn't have any weights, she did it though, sort of ! But on the last set of abs she said ''mummy your face has gone awfully red!'' I couldn't even speak... lol!
    Eight minutes in is my 'want to give up' point and when I get through that bit I'm ok!

My hubby was laughing when I told him what I was doing and he said 'You can't lose weigh and get fit doing 20 minutes exercise every other day' I think we all know how wrong he is! I challenged him to do it but he won't!! Wimp!!! lol!
  • xCarbJunkiex
    xCarbJunkiex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Level 3 Day 5 completed!! I also did level 1 right after.....oh my goodness! :sad: feeling the burn!!!!! :laugh:
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    can I please be added to the group :) just got the dvd
    and looking for some support and to give support through it

Absolutely. You simply jump on in and feel free to post with your progress! The more the merrier, I find it's really wonderful motivation to compare notes with one another, or even just to see that you're not the only one struggling through parts. Makes it a bit easier to push through.

Day 4 of Level 2. I'm still counting down to Level 3 and not enjoying this one at all. The planks are killing me, as well as the military squat/arm raises. :(

I must say though, this makes Butt Bible (level 1) & my 2.3 mile walk seem like a breeze. I force myself through JM first thing when I get out of bed, because I *know* I will talk myself out of level 2 otherwise. & yes, I still fall to my knees at about 2-3 points, and I'm still sticking mostly with the beginner moves. I can get through the initial walk down pushups, and I can do the first rep of the harder plank jumping jacks (but not the second, then I move to the beginner version). The final plank twists I fall down to my knees once during & have to force myself back up, but luckily she ends on those. All in all, much, much tougher than level 1, in my opinion, but I'm very, very weak in the arms.

Kudos to those trooping through level 2.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm done with 30ds. Finished Friday, took measurements and about *kitten* my pants! I lost 26 inches all over!!! Starting it back up tonight. If i can do it again, then it will be the smallest I've ever gotten! Doing the shred, shred, cardio shred shfed cardio rest. Going to use taebo for the cardio. I love billy and jillian.
  • xCarbJunkiex
    xCarbJunkiex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm done with 30ds. Finished Friday, took measurements and about *kitten* my pants! I lost 26 inches all over!!! Starting it back up tonight. If i can do it again, then it will be the smallest I've ever gotten! Doing the shred, shred, cardio shred shfed cardio rest. Going to use taebo for the cardio. I love billy and jillian.

That's amazing!!! Congrats! :drinker:
  • purpleree6
    Options
    Day 1 of level 3 today. After level 2, I must say it was quite pleasant lol.

Pleasant?

I'm on day three of level three. The hardest so far and the only one where I've actuall fallen to my hands and knees gasping! I can feel my abs aching so I'm hoping once the fat melts off I should have a nice under layer !!!

Yes, I quite enjoyed it. I found level 2 really terrible and hard work but level 3 seemed easier compared.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    I'm really interested in starting it the 30DS, I think I'm going to start it right now :smile:
  • rebeccarhue
    rebeccarhue Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just did day 2 of level one. Can I just say how much I hate push-ups!!! Looking forward to the end results though!
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Did level 1 again tonight, i forgot what hell it really is. Hoping for the same pains i had the first time around, the good pains. Took pictures this time. . We will see.
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have 4 more days until I'm fully done with the Shred . . . but I've hurt my lower back on Saturday and it's still really sore today :frown: I went for a gentle walk at lunchtime today. Was going to try doing the Shred but everyone has told me to just take a break and let my back heal . . . itching to get back into it!!!!
  • blueeyess55
    blueeyess55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Headin in to do Day 6 Level 1.. took yesterday off..Still don't like the jumpin jacks...:sad: .. Hang in there everyone.. Your all doin great.. Have a Good Day an keep on shreddin..:happy:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I did day 28, level 3 this morning.

I should have taken before measurements but I didn't. Not seeing much if any progress. I did not do all 30 days back to back every single day. Most of level 1 was sporadic, but since level 2 and now into level 3 it's been mostly every day, with Sat. or Sun sometimes being the exception. I will be done with the DVD Wed. morning. Wish I saw more progress. I feel bummed out about it. I know my eating could have at times during this video could have been better and maybe it would have helped more results wise, coulda woulda shoulda. :sad:

I like level 3 the best to be honest. I hated level 2. Level 1 felt like a killer at first but then became easy for me.
  • mrayne13
    Options
    Hello =)

This is my first post on the forums. It was also my first day of level 1. I'm just looking for some motivation because, ....holy crap! That was A LOT harder than I thought it was going to be! Jillian and the girls do a good job of making it look easy lol

Granted, I'm very heavy and waaaaay out of shape, but I thought I could do better than what I did. I made it through the whole work-out, but I wasn't able to keep up with them and do *everything*, though I did do most of every exercise. It wasn't the being out of breath or hurting that stopped me... it was the fact that my limbs were shaking so terribly I thought I might fall over! I just know I'm going to cry tomorrow when it's time to start day 2 =P
  • pbair
    pbair Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi mrayne13!! Welcome! It's a great workout and pushes us to our limits, doesn't it!? I thought I was going to die the first three days of level 1 too. Now that I'm starting my 7th day, I'm here to tell you - it gets (a little) easier!
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I haven't done my 30 Day Shred in about 6 days due to lack of motivation and family issues, so today I decided not to start where I left off on level 2/day 2, I'm going back to level 1/ day 5. I hope this helps build my stamina back up to deal with level 2.
  • mrayne13
    Options
    Glad to hear it gets a little easier! I'm considering modifying this to like a 60 day shred and spending twice the time on each level. I just want to be sure that I can fully keep up with them before moving on. Any thoughts or comments on that?
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Day 15!!! Day 5 of Level 2, and I'll admit it's getting just the tiniest bit more bearable (though not by much). I got through the entire dvd today without falling to my knees, and did the advanced for the plank/jumping jacks, the plank knee kicks (whatever they are called), though probably with horrid form. Considering up until now I thought "no way in hell" and kept falling to the floor, I'll take this as good progress.

Still counting down til level 3. :p

Was hoping to see a bit more improvement since I'm also doing Butt Bible (day 10, level 1) & a 2.3 mile walk each day, but I keep reminding myself that not all improvement is visible to the eye, & that this at least is creating the endurance to continue down this path (hopefully the path to a less jiggly bum). So glad to have so many others trooping through this with me. :)
  • cmarchli
    cmarchli Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hello... everyone I really need some support... I will post a picture this evening... my problem is consistency... I will eat right for 2-3 days and even work out... but then I stop... it's like a yoyo up and down... my weight is between 175-180 lbs and I am 50 years old... can somebody please share with me some tips for this rollercoaster ride I've been on... I would like to lose 50 lbs because I am only 5'2"...
  • caramel1920
    Options
    Well this morning I completed Day 7 level 3! So excited to almost be done with this, what a feeling of accomplishment! Next up is the ladies of The Firm for a month and then back to 30DS, I will try really hard next time to do it 30 straight! That's the goal anyway! The day when I can do each circuit, full out, perfect form, non-stop will be an awesome day for me, but for now I go for it on each move the best I can, still dripping with sweat and panting! It's a great feeling, especially when it's over!:laugh:
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well, I am doing level 2- day 1, and today was really disappointing. I was really low on energy. I think I lost momentum because we had house guests for a week, and I couldn't do the dvd while they were here since I usually do it in the living room. I also probably overate my kids' halloween candy- ugh!!!

So, I feel like I'm starting all over- maybe I should go back to level 1 for a few days. The good news is that I finally fit in to my pre-pregnancy jeans (although there is quite a muffin top lol) , which is GREAT because my fat jeans were making me way too complacent. So at least it's not too bad.

Stick with it! I was definitely seeing results before my hiatus, so I'm going to just keep plugging away.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!