Women Shouldn't Lift Weights

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    But if they lift weights, they will look bulky and like men right?

This is what happens

Screenshot_2012-08-14-11-46-24-1.png
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Bump!
  • Sadagopan84
    Sadagopan84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

This is what happens

Some women avoid weight training because they are afraid that it will make them look too muscular. Because of their lower levels of testosterone, women doing moderate levels of weight training are unlikely to build bulky muscles. For most people, weight training isn’t about building visible muscles and looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Rather, weight lifting improves balance, strength and bone mass (the latter is particularly important for postmenopausal women), and can help reduce body fat percentage because muscles burn more calories at rest than fat tissue
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Wa! Ha! I love lifting heavy, bulky? Mmmm nope my waist is smaller than when I started...stronger?! Hell yes, I can lift more than a few men in the gym now......woooooooooo!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

This is what happens

All kinds of uninformed dumb *kitten* think this. Male friends of mine who know nothing give me patronizing shrugs when I explain to them that this does not happen… Idiots.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Lol I got another round of "Why would you want to lift heavy?!!?" This weekend at a Halloween party, followed by a round of "Wow you arms look fantastic!" :laugh:
  • jennajocummings
    Options
    Bump