husband hasn't noticed.

Options

Replies

• gaj87
    gaj87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I decided to let go of my irritation in my husband for not saying anything/much about my 43 pound loss when I realized he had also said nothing about my 80 lb. weight gain since we got married. Love that man!! :happy:

What a great way to look at it. I am just starting to realize this about my husband. He loved me when I was big and now he loves me small. To him it does not matter my size.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    If he's like my husband then maybe he's scared to comment on your weight. Some guys think that a woman's age and weight are off limits, often because they mistakenly offended someone.

This is also true, sometimes when a man would say something like

"Wow you have really slimmed down!"

Emotional women translate that as:

"OMG you were so fat before"

When that is not what we said at all.

^^
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Same here. My husband hasn't said anything yet either, but I've only lost 15 pounds. On the other hand, as someone else mentioned, my husband has never said that I needed to lose weight either in our whole 27 years together, even as I continued to gain weight steadily over the past 5 years. He always tells me he loves me no matter what size I am. I have my own problems with that thinking "how can he?", but he insists.

I grew up in a family where we seldom heard compliments and married a man who rarely gives compliment, so I am used to it so much so that I am not offended by the lack of them, and when I get a compliment from someone, I have a hard time accepting it, giving reasons in opposition to the compliment.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Husband: Hey, hon...you are looking great!
    Wife: What did I look like before?
    Husband: Well, you looked great then, too....but now you look...um....great-er!
    Wife: Greater? But I've lost all that weight...how can I look greater?
    Husband: I don't mean your body looks greater....no, wait...yes I do...I mean you don't have a greater body....no wait..... I mean...I mean.....
    Wife: So what DO you mean??
    Husband: Just shoot me now...ok?
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, i went from 237 in Feb, 2012 to 187 as of this morning, so 50 lbs, and i had a.baby in Dec 2011.. I have to basically beg for compliments.. Lol i don't but i finally got one about 2 Weekls ago. . The sad part is i lost 54lbs in 2010 between march and October and got pregnant in march 2011, and during the whole pregnancy, no one would let me do my taebo, or walk with me our anything.. That i did beg for, so i got huge while carrying my son, and to this day, i throw that in his face, "all i wanted was someone to walk with me while i was pregnant, and u never would, you're the reason I'm basically killing myself now " so on occasion, i get compliments, good luck getting some..
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    He sees you everyday... that makes it hard to notice a difference...

This. The first couple of months my family didn't notice, but my friends did. They're just so used to you it's harder for them to tell than people you don't see on a daily basis.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    He sees you every.single.day. Do you really expect him to notice that quickly? It's so much harder when it's someone you see every day, especially if you have a lot of weight to lose. It takes 30-40 pounds off of me before anyone even notices.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    It's weird for some people to compliment others or show affection in that way. I have a hard time putting my feelings into words, I know a lot of people who are the same way. As long as he SHOWS you, that's what really matters, right? And as you said, he's an extraordinary person and father, so I think that would be better than a simple compliment. Right?
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I suggest telling him how you feel. Maybe he has noticed but he's afraid if he comments that you will take it the wrong way. Or maybe since he sees you every day it's kind of gone over his head. Or maybe he's a total doucher, I don't know!

Better to talk about it with him than to stew!

LOVE this response....she's spot on.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I decided to let go of my irritation in my husband for not saying anything/much about my 43 pound loss when I realized he had also said nothing about my 80 lb. weight gain since we got married. Love that man!! :happy:

this is very mature - - i am super impressed.....wow.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    This is sad to me :cry: Goodness... when i lose a few ounces from taking a s**t my husband notices. Tells me I'm beautiful and how proud he is of my work, all the time. Maybe a new outfit to show off your progress would help. GREAT JOB btw!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! You're doing great! He will notice and it's simply a matter of time. :flowerforyou:
  • ShiloughCoy
    Options
    Feel lucky. My man watches my weight like a dog watches his favorite bone! :noway:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    So many people take compliments the wrong way when they've lost weight, and perhaps your husband is afraid that's what will happen if he says something. Bring it up to him! Let him know. I'm sure he's noticed and is very proud of you.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Maybe he thinks you need to lose a lot more but doesn't want to screw up your flow.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i think it may be like what other people have said, either it is because he sees you every day (my fiance and i live together, i went from 127 to 109 and he hasn't said anything), or he may think it will come out wrong and imply that you looked badly before. like everyone else said, talk to him about it if it is bothering you, i am sure it is nothing and prolly a silly miscommunication. but way to go with 25 lbs down, congrats!
  • mamaward64
    mamaward64 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Not sure if suggested cause too many post to read. But you say your clothes are hanging off of you. How about putting something smaller on a teeny dress, lingerie, run through with panties and a bra. He is sure to notice. I promise.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    He sees you everyday... that makes it hard to notice a difference...

This. The first couple of months my family didn't notice, but my friends did. They're just so used to you it's harder for them to tell than people you don't see on a daily basis.

I think this is BS.. sorry but it is. I've known my husband since he was 15-16, we notice every little pound that the other loses and gains.
  • ELCABRA
    ELCABRA Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am with you momma, my wifey has barely said a word, now I've only lost like 15 pounds but damn it I'm busting my *kitten* and she seems to notice nothing. I tell ya what when another woman mentions it she take immediate notice but still fails to give me some props. I am thinking there is a bit of jealousy there and she is mad at herself for not adhering to a program and getting results. Maybe this is the case in your situation, I say get you some sexy girl clothes and blow his mind, maybe he needs a wake up call.

Good Luck Momma!!!
  • neasha27
    Options
    My hubby didnt notice until we were "in bed" the other night...:blushing: