Animal Rescuers......

Options
Can everyone use a cat or dog pic on your profile today to show support for those who do what the can to help abandoned and abused animals. It would be a nice way to show support for what they do. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    sure can - both my dogs are rescues.

<<< this is parker. my 11 year old malamute/shepard. he rescued my hubby and me when he was 3 years old. he was living at our local animal shelter.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    My profile is pic is my dog Shadow. He's now 4 years old and we rescued him when he was 2.5, we're is 6th and final home! I also work with a husky/malamute rescue, it's saddening how many come through our doors :-(
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My last three cats have all been rescues.

<---This one, too. =)
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My kitties were rescues of a sort.

Oldest: one of my sons found stuck in a water pipe. She's 15 now and in terrible health. :(
    Middle: she and dozens of other kitties were dropped off on someone's vacant land. She is the sweetest cat!
    My son's cat (the one in the pic): was born under the hair salon I went to and needed a home before he got hit by a car. He is one entertaining feline!
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I donate to the local rescue.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Done. :heart:
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Gidget is my Beagle/Jack Russell rescue. Best. Dog. Ever. The two spastic breeds cancelled each other out and she is the most mellow, cool freaking dog. She'll trail run off leash. She never strays too far from me. She doesn't bark or whine (too much). She doesn't chew... How did I get so lucky?

I also used to volunteer with the Culpeper (VA) Humane Socitey and found many deserving pups forever homes. I look forward to doing the same here in Richmond, VA as soon as the family gets settled...
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I have a long line of rescues both in heaven as well a few on earth now. my family is a rescue family. I'll see what i can do, I'm at my pic limit.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    1e9k6f.jpg

I just rescued this pup... she was abandoned at only a couple weeks old with a parasite. The breeder basically threw her away! She is healthy now and a great little pup with my boys!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Good idea...my pitty is no longer with us, but she was a rescue dog as well....saved from what would have likely been a short life as a bait dog in the Detroit dog fighting rings!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    We always adopt rescue dogs, they are the best there is (IMO). Our current is LadyBug, a black lab / mix that was abandoned. She is my sweetie.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Done.
    <<<<<<<<< this is Tyson. We adopted him from a family who could not keep him. We also have a cat we rescued.
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    JeffGunner.jpg
    Gunner - Adopted from a local home
    Maria.jpg
    Maria - Adopted from a local shelter
    Tinny.jpg
    Tynwald - literally rescued from the neighborhood where someone dumped him off as a kitten. The. Best. Cat. Ever.
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I rescued my sweet 3 yr old rottie *Daisy* a year ago last month... With alot of work and patience she is my princess :)
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    DONE! in the pic is our recent, Zorro aka Vash the stampede (Trigun reference) he is mommies best feller. More loving and attn whorey than most cats. Plus my loyal bestie, best dog to date, naturally well behaved and easy to train, even walks off leash at my feet....Josie. My rescue Jack Russell/corgi mix. Now 9 years old. got her at 1 year RIGHT BEFORE her death date, they told me NOT TO ADOPT HER, said she was mean...she was just terrified and starving.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I always wear my mutts as my pic! Wish there was a way to boycott Kelly Ripa, tho. Her insensitive comment about pits just reinforces that stigma. My baby pittie is the best dog EVER!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I would, but my dog passed away a year and a half ago.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I always wear my mutts as my pic! Wish there was a way to boycott Kelly Ripa, tho. Her insensitive comment about pits just reinforces that stigma. My baby pittie is the best dog EVER!

I have a pittbull on my street. I believe a dog is what the owners make it. This one is great.
  • ajeska
    ajeska Posts: 9
    Options
    Ever day I look at my 2 mastiff mix rescues and my pound kitty and wonder how anyone in their right mind could mistreat and give up such wonderful, affectionate animals. Then I think how lucky I am that they are a part of my family now!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    1e9k6f.jpg

I just rescued this pup... she was abandoned at only a couple weeks old with a parasite. The breeder basically threw her away! She is healthy now and a great little pup with my boys!

Awwwww....this has made my day!! What a sweetheart! She's a beauty!
    I have a rescued kitty, Marie. She has panleukopenia (sp?) and I call her my "special kitty."