Animal Rescuers......

Options

Replies

• MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    We only ever have rescue dogs.

Kaiser on the left, brought to the shelter by his previous owner with a broken leg which was amputated, he was anorexic and covered in pressure sores, and had been in the shelter for about 8 months when we took him.

Jacqui on the right, came from the same shelter but had only been there the required legal time having been brought in as a stray.

Edited to add link, y'know, just in case anyone else might like to adopt... :love: http://www.animalshelter.org.uk/
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have mine on my profile pic. :)
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I love how they're all passed out/curled up with you or whoever is holding them. Definitely cute. :)

All me. :) Cats are like sports cars - I want to collect them all. :)

Love this^
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    << This is PennyWise. She was a rescue after her owner died. The family didn't know how to care for her, and she was neglected for several years. She had a lot of issues when I got her, but with a lot of patience and love she has turned into the most wonderful horse. She was the grand champion in the show that day .:heart:
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Aww, this thread is so great! I'm smiling and misty at the same time. Right now I'm at work so I can't upload any pictures, but all my loves have been rescues. I have two cats (Big Red - Tabby & Sylvie - Tuxedo) and one dog (Mhari - Austrailian Cattle Dog mix). I love them all so much!
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I posted a picture of my 2 cats, they are sister and brother. We found them when they were a day or 2 old, there mom took off and we have raised them for the last 2 1/2 years.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This is Titus, a rescue dog who spent 7 months in the shelter before we adopted. I have been using one of his photos (see my profile for others) for my avatar since he and I were struck by a car. It was a deliberate attack by some some kid who, apparently, thought I was somebody else. Anyway, Titus got hurt worse than I did... he had a compound, transverse fracture of the right fore leg. He underwent orthopaedic surgery to repair the fracture and is healing, slowly, and is now able to walk on the leg, albeit with a limp.
  • skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Done, I love animals, my pics my dog :)
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I used to be a shelter worker, great thread!
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    <
    this is ginger, my 4 year old rescue pup! i dont know what she is exactly, supposedly lab, boxer, shepherd. all i know is she is the best and i love her more than anything!

I am currently raising money for the organization "Running for Rescues"!! I am going to be running a 10k on October 21st and the money I raise for running that race is going to this organization which will help pull shelter dogs and cats from high kill shelters :) If I could rescue all the dogs in the world, I would! But Im hoping that this will help some animals find homes where they wouldnt have been able to get that opportunity :)

If anyone else would like to start a fundraising page or learn more, here is the link http://www.runningforrescues.org/index.html

and this is my own personal fundraising page! http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/kimberlyhaley/30thannualbostonfirefighters10kmemorialrace
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    <--- 1 of my 2 rescued babies;-) Great post!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

Anatole France
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I love how they're all passed out/curled up with you or whoever is holding them. Definitely cute. :)

All me. :) Cats are like sports cars - I want to collect them all. :)

That is more Pokemon.
  • m0mofw4r
    m0mofw4r Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    <--- This is Zues, our Chow Chow!
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    we have taken in my baby, when we finally fed her dried her made her warm she was in a bit of a state, week later shes boystrus, independent but still very loving. I have been through the process for finding a lost/abandoned/stray cat and it breaks my heart that people would treat animals so very badly, or take them on without having any idea of what to expect and then just give up on them. Anyway her name is Benji - named her before we knew she was a she .. she doesnt seem to mind :)
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hope my pic changed. Love this and love all of my rescues.

In my pic, the black lab is Devo, he passed almost 2 years ago and was our first rescue. His old owner was getting rid of him because his wife at the time didn't like the dog. (I would have kicked the wife out instead)

The black and white kitty, is Moe, he is 3ish and we rescused him from our local city pound. They were overflowing at the time and found out later that they are a kill shelter so who knows how many days my Moe would have had had he stayed.

The orange, white and black kitty was born at our farm and she decided to stick around. She is more farm cat than house cat most days and is an excellent mouser.

The chocolate lab is Paden, he just turned five in August. We rescused him from a local rescue that he had been with for a year or more. He has hip displaysia so I think he was passed over a lot because of it. He is so handsome though and a perfect angel, most of the time. You wouldn't know he has hip displaysia as he runs with me 3x a week for 4K plus.

And Ruby is our last rescue, (I was told I couldn't bring anymore home at this point, 4 is enough). An aquaintance of my husband's had her, he is a truck driver and would leave her at home weeks at a time while he was gone on the road. And one trip while he was gone she had played with and killed the baby kittens and because of this he decided she needed to go and was going to shoot her. I saved her with probably and hour to spare. She didn't have any toys, didn't know how to play, I think was also hit and she shys away when you got to pet her - but with all of that she is one of the best furbabies I have ever had.

I wrote a blog about her here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kendradl?month=201206

If I could I would bring every stray I found home with me, it breaks my heart that I can't save them all.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    The cat in my pic is Appolo. He has what I call "Appolo magic". When I need to take a nap, he will come sleep next to me and purrr like a lawnmower. I am out in 60 seconds.
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good idea...my pitty is no longer with us, but she was a rescue dog as well....saved from what would have likely been a short life as a bait dog in the Detroit dog fighting rings!
    This is a beautiful story, I wish everyone was as wonderful a person!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    <
    I'm currently fostering this one, who is a Podenco resued from Spain. She was abandoned with her borther in a cemetery and left to starve
  • amynitta
    Options
    /Users/amynitta/Desktop/IMG_4042.JPG

Finny, our shelter dog, who has both been a huge pain in the butt and exactly the motivation I needed to exercise. We also have a rescue lab and two adopted cats. Love this thread! October is Adopt a Shelter Dog month!
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    great idea....

<<<<<<<<
    this is Finn - got him from a rescue 2 weeks ago - vet thinks he's about 2 1/2 years old... and i feel so lucky to have him.