Animal Rescuers......

Options

Replies

• LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is my Australian Cattle Dog mix, Hannah. I've also rescued a retired racer, Guy the Greyhound, as well as my two kitties.

**edited to change my picture to show both my pups!
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My pic is always my little man. Murphy is a 15 year old pug that we got from than animal shelter. He is my buddy and has been through everything with me. We also have Merlin, a 2 year old great dane that was an owner give up. We couldn't have asked for a better dog to pair with Murph.
  • dynad
    dynad Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Mine a rescue from a Calif Puppy Mill she is called a Chiweeine. Spent first 2 years of her like in a cage having puppies. She with me a year now and spoiled rotten!
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    My dog was rescued from possibly going to a shelter because his owners were moving and couldn't take him. My oldest cat was from a teacher whose cat had kittens. My second oldest was running down the middle of the road on the hottest day in July. My princess kitty was found in our window well at 3 weeks old on a 90 degree day (and she has black fur), and then our baby kitty was a drop off at a distant cousin who hates cats and he was gonna shoot him. I don't have any pics of my babies on my computer otherwise I would share.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    <<<< Here is one of my dogs... We have four and all four are rescued from the shelter!
  • MarthaAnn8186
    MarthaAnn8186 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1e9k6f.jpg

I just rescued this pup... she was abandoned at only a couple weeks old with a parasite. The breeder basically threw her away! She is healthy now and a great little pup with my boys!

Beautiful pup!!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    <
    This is my adopted daughter named Kylie, she came to us as a direct rescue from a bad situation! she has been with us for 7 years and is still the happiest little girl ever!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Both of our pets are rescues.. but I dont have pics of them :(
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Mo profile picture is already my two pooches - the bigger one on the left is my gorgeous rescue Reggie who we've had for about 3 months now, he's a total sweetheart :)
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I always wear my mutts as my pic! Wish there was a way to boycott Kelly Ripa, tho. Her insensitive comment about pits just reinforces that stigma. My baby pittie is the best dog EVER!

THATS TERRIBLE! Its not the dog, its the owner.

Christ, they started off as wolves, wild dogs etc at one point and we tamed them. I think a domesticated pitt should be safer than the wolf hybrids ppl sell. Which hubby wants.

screw those ppl.
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    This is Clyde. We got him from the Humane Society when he was about three months old. He was a rescue from a kill shelter in Tennessee. Love that little guy!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Having difficulty uploading a new profile pic - hoping the two monsters on my ticker fit the bill!! Neither of them rescues but I've always had rescue cats in the past and will be looking to do this again once we've bought our own home (our landlords drew the line at a third cat!)
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    <---- LadyBug all snuggled up with me watching Dr. Who
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I always wear my mutts as my pic! Wish there was a way to boycott Kelly Ripa, tho. Her insensitive comment about pits just reinforces that stigma. My baby pittie is the best dog EVER!
    awww...sweetie!! They are awesome dogs..mine was a 'step-dog' (hubby had her long before he had me), so I was skeptical at first, but she won me over immediately and permanently with her big pitty underbite and all the love :heart:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Done!
    <--- this guy was abandoned at the end of my road this past March right before a snow storm. :mad: He's an AKC Certified German Shepherd. Found out when we took him to the vet that he was chipped and surprise! The owner "didn't remember who they gave him to" and "Thinks they gave him away to some guy in the country".

He's probably about 2 years old and the sweetest most loving dog ever. Hyper as all hell but that's ok. We love him to bits. He definitely scored big when he came barking at our front porch.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    <
    My baby
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My pups are my pic today...the Akita is my rescued boy...<3 him!
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    JeffGunner.jpg
    Gunner - Adopted from a local home
    Maria.jpg
    Maria - Adopted from a local shelter
    Tinny.jpg
    Tynwald - literally rescued from the neighborhood where someone dumped him off as a kitten. The. Best. Cat. Ever.

I love how they're all passed out/curled up with you or whoever is holding them. Definitely cute. :)
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    <<<<<< Tika, purebred black Lab. We got her from a Lab rescue group when she was about a year old. She had been pulled from a local pound. She was sick, skinny, and scared.

We don't know much about how she spent her first year, but I'm guessing it wasn't too pleasant.

She has turned in to the best dog in the whole world.

We also have two rescue cats, and a rescue cockatiel.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    What a sweet idea!

<-- My little monsters! Both rescue felines!