If you could unsee one thing in your life...

Options

Replies

• GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    A movie when I was very young that I don't know the name of. I believe it was what shaped some of my views and not for the better lol.
    9 1/2 Weeks?
    The Crying Game?
    Human Centipede?
    Muppets Take Manhattan?
    Elf?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    1 guy 1 jar. 'nuff said.

can't believe it took 5 pages for this.

he doesnt even wince. my.god.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I guess one thing that would be fitting was when I witnessed a guy murder another guy right in front of me while I was washing my car at a gas station. At first I thought it was fireworks then I saw the victim getting bullet after bullet put into him. This whole thing was on Americas Most Wanted at one time. After the shooter left I went over and felt him for a pulse but he had numerous bullet holes in his head. A site which I will never forget

The guys name was Omar Mora and after he finished killing the guy in front of me he went home and killed his wife in front of their two children. Evidentally a love triangle gone wrong. The guy is still on the run.

Sometimes I think what if I had been more proactive and tried to follow the guy could I have prevented his wifes murder in some way. But at the time I thought it was a gang thing and didnt want to get killed myself.

Jeez man....that's heavy

Yeah that pretty much tops the list for me. I dont think it traumatized me or anything ...but damn I feel the need to be more situationaly aware now.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Pain olympics. @_@

My idiot friend tried to get me to watch it. I looked away after ten seconds but I still have the image in my head of that ween going flying.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think what if I had been more proactive and tried to follow the guy could I have prevented his wifes murder in some way. But at the time I thought it was a gang thing and didnt want to get killed myself.

This thread contains lots of sad stories for which my heart goes out to lots of people, but please know - you did nothing wrong. Your action to go to the original man was very selfless and you couldn't have prevented the remaining actions.
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    many things, but the worst was being on the scene about 1 minute after a young boy was sexually assaulted in a public toilet - I still see his poor devastated face in my dreams and the back of the sick evil man running away :brokenheart:

No words. I would have lost it and been torn between helping the boy and thrashing the sicko. If I was shorter...like average height....and average build...I would totally become a masked vigilante for pedos...

I've volunteered at different children's homes and one of my best friends is a social worker...the things people do to KIDS is ....unfathomable....
    Please see what you can do to aid places like Children's Advocacy Center and other children's homes...
    *steps off soap box*
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options

This thread contains lots of sad stories for which my heart goes out to lots of people, but please know - you did nothing wrong. Your action to go to the original man was very selfless and you couldn't have prevented the remaining actions.

I agree....a very commendable action and beyond what the average person would do!!
  • jesse1379
    Options
    :happy:
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    8th grade boys locker room. Quiet kid that got picked on by 3 bullies. I stood up for him and got pushed down to the floor and a foot placed on my chest.

One of the bullies wound up a bath towel and aimed to zero in on the quiet kids butt. He missed. Instead, it struck him in his balls and they exploded. Dear God...I still have nightmares about it.The blood. SO much blood.

He simply picked up his 'ball' and asked to be taken to the nurse. He never returned to school.

I just relived it typing it out....argh!

OMG! You dear thing. I am freaked just reading this...unimaginable thing to see. I do hope the bullies got some sort of punishment for this?
  • StinkyWinkies
    Options
    This is very awful...you've been warned

Watching flames shooting out of a gas/oil heater when I was ~6 due to a couple of kittens crawling into the holes in the back and catching on fire. I'd like to "unhear" the cries as well. (I get physically sick just thinking of this)

your profile pic and user name are ironic then

ROFL!!!!!!!

I am *so glad* you find this amusing...especially since I was 6 when it happened.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    8th grade boys locker room. Quiet kid that got picked on by 3 bullies. I stood up for him and got pushed down to the floor and a foot placed on my chest.

One of the bullies wound up a bath towel and aimed to zero in on the quiet kids butt. He missed. Instead, it struck him in his balls and they exploded. Dear God...I still have nightmares about it.The blood. SO much blood.

He simply picked up his 'ball' and asked to be taken to the nurse. He never returned to school.

OMG! You dear thing. I am freaked just reading this...unimaginable thing to see. I do hope the bullies got some sort of punishment for this?

All 3 did. The one who hit him with the towel was expelled the rest of the semester. The other 2 got suspended for 5 days.

I got an on-site suspension for being in the middle of it all. BLAH!
  • StinkyWinkies
    Options

All 3 did. The one who hit him with the towel was expelled the rest of the semester. The other 2 got suspended for 5 days.

I got an on-site suspension for being in the middle of it all. BLAH!

Sorry if this is creepy, but I just want to give you a BIG HUG! "No good deed goes unpunished." huh? trying to help and they punish you, jerks.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    If you could unsee one thing in your life... What would it be?

Mine would be the movie "My bloody Valentine" that my older siblings made me watch with them when I was waaaayyy too young. It gave me nightmares for years..LOL I watched it many years later and it is the cheesiest flick ever. But I was probably about 5 at the time.

I will be kind and not share.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options

Watching flames shooting out of a gas/oil heater when I was ~6 due to a couple of kittens crawling into the holes in the back and catching on fire. I'd like to "unhear" the cries as well. (I get physically sick just thinking of this)

ROFL!!!!!!!

I am *so glad* you find this amusing...especially since I was 6 when it happened.

I think the person was amused at the "ironic" comment, not the actual devastation with the kittens.
  • bodyjammin85
    bodyjammin85 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The first Saw movie.

I get nightmares and a horrible feeling of dread anytime it's mentioned, pictured, ads on TV, and almost any other horror movie since. Even a scene in the last season of Dexter gave me the feeling again.

I hate you, i hate you so much!!
  • jesse1379
    Options

ROFL!!!!!!!

I was not laughing at your memory per se but the joke he made. Please send my kind regards to stinkywinkie.:flowerforyou:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

Wow..that is horrible! Karma sure caught up with him in a hurry!!
  • StinkyWinkies
    Options

ROFL!!!!!!!

I was not laughing at your memory per se but the joke he made. Please send my kind regards to stinkywinkie.:flowerforyou:

Ok, sorry. :embarassed:
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    My ex-boyfriend made me watch Faces of Death when I was a teenager. Apparently there's a country (India, maybe??) where they strap a monkey into a table by its neck and people take turns bashing it's head in with a hammer until it's dead, subsequently scooping out its brains and eating them. Some kind of delicacy. I'll never forget the look on that poor terrified monkey's face. It still haunts me.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    That was depressing.

I have seen a LOT of horrifying videos over the internet (I'm like a moth flying towards the fire when it comes to things like these).

For "real life":

There was a pig farm across from my parents house that had an electrical fault and caught fire. We were 1 or 2 km away from it, but we could hear the pig screaming as they burned. The only thing the fire departments could do was prevent the giant propane tank on the far side from exploding. They couldn't save a single pig. It was 2 or 3 large buildings. They haven't been rebuilt.

But that was more like something I heard, not seen. All I could see were the 50'+ flames...

Never seen anything particularly horrifying, I don't think.

I'd have to say the kittens in the heater and the dead husband are the top two worst things. My heart goes out to you.

The worst thing that ever happened to me (aside from horrible girlfriends) was my 19 month old puppy having a cerebral aneurysm. I got home, and she wouldn't move. It didn't hit me until I poked her - rigor mortis had already set in. The creepiest thing about it was her eyes were still open. :(

I still get sad about it whenever the smallest thing reminds me about her.