Creamers are killing me!! Substitute??

Options

Replies

• strawberriekt24
    strawberriekt24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    When I was out of creamer, I started using Pacific Natural Foods organic vanilla almond milk and it's awesome! It's 70 cals for a whole cup.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I just switched to sugar free creamer. Instead of 35 calories in a tablespoon, there is 15.

I don't think it is worth adding chemicals to your coffee just to save a few calories. You can use organic half and half. Half a tablespoon is 20 calories. Rather than 15 of a chemical stew.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    almond milk. Or do what I did and just stop the coffee totally. It's a trade off and I was VERY grumpy for about 3 days until I got away from the addiction.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    ive tried my own version of a "latte" dont make fun now...warm up milk (i dont boil it becuase i dont like the taste of boiled milk) and use my folgers cofee and equal. doesnt taste bad at all. i sure miss creamers if i think about them though. usually black coffee... its all for a good cause though...to be bootylicious :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    How about just milk?
  • dsc32209
    dsc32209 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I used to drink all of that but I was told by a nutritionist that if you try something (black coffee) for 13 days, it will become you preference. I tried and it worked for me. the one trick is to use high quality coffee. I use the mayan blend by Jose's from costco. It is available through road shows.
  • missmcgirt
    Options
    skim milk or fat free half&half and sugar free syrup, it comes in TONS of flavors!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Whiskey
  • DollaMimi86
    Options
    I too use unsweetened almond milk and stevia when I was drinking coffee but I have cut out coffee completely now :(
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I opted not to give up my coffee with creamer and sugar, so I just measure it carefully and try to limit myself to 1 or 2 cups of coffee per day. I might have to try the almond milk suggestion sometime though, that sounds good.
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I use skim milk and sugar free syrup
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I use the So Delicious brand coconut milk creamers. The original is only 10 cal per tablespoon and the french vanilla or hazelnut are 20. Not bad IMO. I usually use 2 T in a large travel coffee cup. Black coffee isn't my thing, I tried:)
  • tripletmom2004
    tripletmom2004 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    WOW Thanks for all the great ideas!!
  • sharonnyc
    Options
    Yes, I totally went through this as well. I was so shocked when i found out my morning coffee (which I had thought was really well planned with my low fat creamer and splenda blend) had 300 calories! I was totally overdoing the creamer and not measuring. Now I use the fat free or sugar free coffee mate (the new Bliss one is awesome, 20 calories per tablespoon), which I measure carefully, with skim plus milk, which is a little creamier than regular skim milk (for me anyway). Hope this helps! :)
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Ingredients in sugar free creamer (YIKES!)

Pour some trans fat and corn syrup in your nutritious coffee! Oh and...carageenan (a very controversial thickener!)

NGREDIENTS: WATER, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND/OR COTTONSEED OIL, AND LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK DERIVATIVE)**, MALTODEXTRIN, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, COLOR ADDED, NATURAL & ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, CARAGEENAN, DEXTROSE, SUCRALOSE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (NON-NUTRITIVE SWEETENER).
  • jonibc
    jonibc Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I switched from half and half to almond milk. I love it. It's full of calcium but so low in calories (40 per 8 oz), fat, and sugar.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    ... milk?
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink it black with sweetner now, but sometimes I still like to add fat free half & half.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I too use unsweetened almond milk and stevia when I was drinking coffee but I have cut out coffee completely now :(

It has great antioxidants and diabetes prevention if you drink 1 cup/day!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I brew a big cup of coffee with my Keurig, and all it takes is 1 tablespoon worth of Heavy Whipping Cream to make it taste better. I've since stopped using splenda. 1T of heavy whipping cream is about 50 calories.