Options

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    1. Go to the isle you get coffee in
    2. Check the labels of the powdered creamers
    3. Get one

Powdered creamer has significantly fewer calories than flavored liquid creamer. Doesn't taste AS good, but tastes better than black.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    This was my problem... I started to slowly cut them back about half a tablespoon a week. Now I don't care for it very sweet at all... I went from 5 TBSP (for me, this was 175 calories) to about 2.5-3 TBSP (88- 105 calories)...
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Unsweeteed almond milk and splenda. It took me all of two days to like the taste of it. I know splenda isn't great for you, but it does free up my calorie totals to add healthy things to my day.
  • sunrisefitness
    Options
    Tell me more about this almond milk. Do you have to refridgerate it? I tried soy and can't stand it.
  • aubreydarko
    Options
    use non fat powder creamer and stevia!!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Ummm, how about using REAL cream... but then again if you have an eating plan that only focuses on low fat/low calorie/artificial junk then you probably won't consider that.

Have a look at my diary. High fat, real cream (no milk), lots of healthy stuff, and I can't even reach my calorie goal most days. Go figure. :huh:
  • gamagem
    gamagem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just switched to Unsweetened Almond Milk Vanilla. It actually gives the coffee a nice flavor. Originally we switched to fat free powder and non fat milk powder that we mixed together, but since we've been trying to get cleaner we gave the Vanilla unsweetened almond milk a go.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    almond milk
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    or you could just add a tablespoon of milk to your coffee. It's almost like the same thing......
  • DollaMimi86
    Options
    I have heard that 1 cup a day was okay but considering the caffeine with the PCOS symptoms decided to "try" cutting off completely. I love coffee I can drink it black or with almond milk and be happy :)
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    Here's a few suggestions for you.

1) Almond milk.
    2) Sugar-free syrups. If you look near where the coffee is located in your grocery store, there's also sugar-free syrups near them. A common brand is Torani. I've never used them before, but a few of my MFP friends love 'em. I'm going to try them myself at some point. They have tons of flavors like white chocolate, pumpkin spice, mocha, etc.
    3) Fat-free half & half and sweetener.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I use fat free creamer. 2 tbsp is 20 cals.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    My wife uses vanilla flavored protein powder. She mixes up some with water and then adds it like a creamer. Dont just add the powder to the coffee or might curdle.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    The Bailey's fat free french vanilla creamer is really good, and it's like 20 calories for 2 tbsps. I only use 2-4 tbsps in my coffee, anyway, so having a coffee for under 50 calories isn't too bad.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    -Powdered creamers
    -cinnamon (or other spices like pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, etc) right into the coffee grounds. Drink with a splash of milk and maybe a splenda packet or two
    -milk and splenda
    -drink it black
    -flavored coffee. Spend some money and get good stuff. I love my dark chocolate cherry coffee. Needs maybe one splenda packet, no creamer. Great stuff
  • lmdee73
    lmdee73 Posts: 36
    Options
    photo2.jpg

My life saver! A splash of this zero calorie liquid and 1 individual packet of creamer (15 calories) is all I use. This coming from the girl that would put TWO servings (approx 70 calories each cup) of dairy creamer in my coffee each time I needed a pick-me-up!

Try it....it's great!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

My husband always checks ingredients for things like corn syrup. He's just having a rant now about stuff like that. He just said 'Americans are doomed food-wise'. I don't think you get it in as many things over here in the UK.

We buy a really nice instant coffee called Instinct, by Carte Noire, not sure if you can get that. I'm drinking one now, with a bit of whole milk. Surely the idea of drinking coffee is to get the taste of coffee.

Ooh, that coffee sounds delightful. Thanks for the mention. I've never seen it but maybe at stores around here that sell things from the UK (I live near Boston, MA). :)

Also, yeah...he's right. We have been doomed for a while food wise. It's a daily effort to keep the nasties out!

That's really scary. We try not to eat processed food, so hopefully we're ok. I think maybe we have stricter laws about what can and can't be added to food.

I've only been to the US once (in 2003) and I think I mainly ate salad while I was there. (We went to San Fran, LA And Vegas). Our hotel in San Fran had a proper coffee machine so we went out and bought milk.

I do love my coffee! I do drink skinny vanilla lattes sometimes (had one today) but generally stick to just coffee with milk!
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just drink green tea...problem solved!! LOL
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    i can drink it black and enjoy it that way, HONEST, lol

or i drink the creamer, 100-200 calories worth isn't horrible, no extra sugar required just the cream
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Ugh - my flavored creamer use is out of control!! Uses quite a bit of daily calories. Any substitutes out there?? Powders better???

Skim milk and sugar free flavor syrups. I like Sugar free vanilla syrup with 3/4 cup of skim milk, heated, and the rest coffee or espresso.