Something exciting to do with chicken???

Options
lajuice7
lajuice7 Posts: 58 Member
Hi,

I love chicken, but am running out of ideas to make it a little more exciting?

Any suggestions/recipes?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I marinate mine in lime and garlic. Makes it a lil more interesting.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Fry it... or just take it to KFC and ask them to fry it for you...
  • lajuice7
    Options
    mmm, thank you...do you then bake it after marinating in the lime and garlic?
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed this honey mustard recipe (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1133647/honey-mustard-and-crme-frache-baked-chicken) and this honey soy wings recipe which I use on chicken thighs (http://appetiteforchina.com/recipes/honey-soy-chicken-wings/)
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Crush some doritos then dip the chicken in flour, egg and the crushed doritos then bake.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Crush some doritos then dip the chicken in flour, egg and the crushed doritos then bake.

OMG Emma that sounds Lovely... however Doritoes are a little naughty :P
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    mixing it with sauces. not sure what u have access to, but ill make "chicken tonight" butter chicken (lite), tomato pasta sauce with chicken and pasta, um peanut satay.... loads of options. and if it not healthy, just eat less ;)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    mmm, thank you...do you then bake it after marinating in the lime and garlic?

What I usually do is cook it in a frying pan.. let the garlic crush up, etc on the pan, add the chicken, then squeeze the lime on top. Lemon is good as well :)
  • lajuice7
    Options
    I really enjoyed this honey mustard recipe (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1133647/honey-mustard-and-crme-frache-baked-chicken) and this honey soy wings recipe which I use on chicken thighs (http://appetiteforchina.com/recipes/honey-soy-chicken-wings/)

These are great, thank you :-)
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Try catching one yourself...Pluck it, gut it then eat it...Burns off loads of cals...And makes it so much more rewarding than buying it from the supermarket..
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

OMG Emma that sounds Lovely... however Doritoes are a little naughty :P

The doritos are not too bad when you take one bag and make 2-3 chicken breasts from it :-)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I love chicken, but am running out of ideas to make it a little more exciting?

Any suggestions/recipes?

Post up a photo of her, first.
  • jaly92
    jaly92 Posts: 91
    Options
    Stuff it with low-fat cheese/extra light soft-cheese and wrap it in ham/bacon medallions, yum :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Well, you could try to dance with it, but I hear they have 2 left feet...:smokin:
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Marinate in EVOO,lemon juice,garlic and fresh basil,sea salt and pepper.Grill,bake,or fry.Another idea,is baste with honey teriyaki,low sodium sauce,grill and top with fresh pineapple.
  • jod11171
    jod11171 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the Skinnytaste.com website. I think the ladies name is Gina. Im from Australia but it is an American website. She has some really yummy (and family friendly) recipes and she tells you the Cals per serve too. Good Luck!
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I usually just buy chicken breasts but I guess any old bit would work.

I brush on a tiny bit of olive oil, cover in Cajun spice, wrap in tin foil and cook. While its cooking I get a bowl full of salad greens, some avocado and a table spoon of chia seeds ready. Once the chicken is cooked and slightly cooled, I chop it up, throw it in the salad and add some dressing.

I could seriously live off that.
  • SirKelsalot
    Options
    Wrap a chicken fillet in prosciutto ham, sprinkle with a bit of dried, ground mixed herbs, then bake in the oven at 200C for 40 mins, turning it over half-way through. It's absolutely gorgeous :D

You could look up the recipe for chicken arrabbiata (sp?) too, I'm sure there are low-cal versions and it's so tasty - basically penne pasta with strips of chicken in a tomato and chilli sauce.
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    cut the chicken breasts into cubes and make a marinate of low fat mayo, lemon juice, salt, pepper and parmesan.
    then bake for like 8min at 180degrees celsius.
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Boneless skinless fat chicken breasts, i smash them down with a kitchen mallet and fry them in a cast iron skillet (with olive oil) comes out tender and juicy and awesome. Season to taste (laury's seasoned salt, garlic salt, cracked pepper) Also, roasting garlic in the oil ahead of time, taking it out and -then- frying the chicken in it is super tasty.