Something exciting to do with chicken???

Options

Replies

• bennysammysofie
    Options
    with my 5 chickies its super exciting to find a cricket and throw it in the middle of them...they go nuts! Is that what this thread is about?!?! :)
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Jerk chicken!!!
    Make your own jerk sauce and marinade for at least 24hrs. Then BBQ/grill them.
    The sauce lasts ages, so make a lot and do jerk fish And jerk pork.

Remember, you are what you eat ;)

So if you are what you eat then you are a jerk? :laugh:
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    There are probably a million recipe sites online with probably a zillion ideas.. Heres a quick one...

Dice up chicken to bite size pieces. In a bag put 1 cup parmesan cheese- 1 cup crushed cornflakes and a packet of ranch dressing mix (just the mix)

Shake n Bake

Enjoy.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I love taking chicken thighs and marinating them overnight in nonfat plain yogurt, cilantro, lime and some ginger then baking them the next day. So moist!

this sounds excellent- thanks!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    bump for later.. some good ideas
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I cut mine into strips or "nuggets" and coat it in a combination of Flax Meal, Brown Sugar (I personally use Splenda Brown Sugar) and Chili Powder. Throw on a cookie sheet and bake.

Super Yummy. The whole family loves.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    African chicken stew. You can find a recipe on-line.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Every time I see this, I think

Brain: Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but what if the chicken won't wear the nylons?
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Really can't recommend dark meat - it's high in fat and calories compared to breast.
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    bump
  • patmat
    patmat Posts: 19
    Options
    My daughter makes a dish that I call Chicken FIesta and it is simple to make and delicious to eat!
    You use chicken breast or plain chicken tenders, a 16 oz bottle of salsa and shredded cheese. Any flavor of shredded cheese you prefer.
    Line a baking pan with the chicken, pour the salsa over the chicken and then sprinkle the cheese on top of the salsa. Cover with aluminum foil and bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour...moist, tender and so tasty! We very seldom have any leftover for another meal, but it does reheat well.
  • Cricket09
    Cricket09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Visit SkinnyTaste dot com. This girl has some fabulous recipes. By the way, I'm not affiliated with that website at all, I just really dig her low calorie recipes because they are full of flavor.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I've been making chicken broccoli a lot lately. Thinly sliced chicken breast, broccoli and onion wedges and a little oil. Stir fry the chicken breast for about a minute, add onions, stir fry for a another minute or so, then add broccoli. I like the vegies with some crunch so total time is probably no more than 10 minutes. I make a sauce for it with corn starch, water, oyster sauce, soy sauce and garlic.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Chicken in Indonesian peanut sauce:

the peanut sauce:

1 tbsp vegetable oil
    1 shallot, finely chopped
    1 clove garlic, finely chopped
    3cm fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
    4 big tbsp natural crunchy peanut butter
    200ml coconut milk
    2tbsp soy sauce
    1 tsp djinten (ground cumin seeds)
    2 tsp sambal ulek (chili pepper paste)

Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the shallot, garlic and ginger and cook for two minutes. Add the coconut milk and peanut butter and heat up until just below boiling point. Turn to a low heat and keep stirring until the sauce thickens. Then add the soy sauce, djinten and sambal ulek.

----

You can just cut the chicken into cubes, salt and pepper it and then cook it in some oil or on a grill.
    When it is cooked, add the peanut sauce to the chicken and serve with rice and some stir fried veggies.
  • sandkrain
    sandkrain Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just put frozen chicken breasts and a jar of salsa in crockpot on med/high for 5 hours or so -- shred the chicken - can use for anything - burritos, quesadillas, eat plain, nachos (oops, are we supposed to be low cal here?!!)
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    skinny taste website has amazing receipes... Chicken enchiladas , buffalo stuffed chicken, chicken taco chili are my favorites.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I agree with the SkinnyTaste.com website suggestions

Her Asian Glaze Chicken is AMAZING. I've made that recipe with chicken breast as well (bit healthier) and substituted the soy sauce with coconut aminos and it's still amazing.
  • kmudica
    kmudica Posts: 29
    Options
    My fav for chicken is rattatoille. Simple recipe- lots of veggies....
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I like to marinate mine in Zesty italian salad dressing.
    I also make Chili with it sometimes, but that takes along time to cook.