Something exciting to do with chicken???

Options

Replies

• joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    google jamican jerk chicken Loads of flavor!!
    Hi,

I love chicken, but am running out of ideas to make it a little more exciting?

Any suggestions/recipes?
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Pound your chicken to make flat, and then fill it with feta cheese, spinach (or whatever suits your taste), roll it up, and bake it in the oven.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If you have a crock pot, make buffalo chicken.

Place chicken breasts in a crock pot, pour a bottle of buffalo sauce(or any sauce really) over the chicken and cook on low for 7-9 hours. Take chicken out and shred, and then place back in sauce for another hour so it can soak it up.

Also:
    Pound chicken flat, place cream cheese and cheddar cheese on top. Place chicken a top 3-4 vertical pieces of bacon, and 2 horizontal pieces of bacon. Wrap up horizontal pieces of bacon first, and then the vertical pieces of bacon. Cook in an oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, turn half way through. Then at the end, put chicken under a broiler for another couple minutes to make sure bacon is crispy and cooked.
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yeah - let them alive!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Take it salsa dancing!
  • mreffle
    mreffle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have been meaning to try this one, Hummus-Crusted Chicken:
    http://www.martawrites.com/2012/02/hummus-chicken-your-kitchen-will-smell.html
    Haven't tried it yet, but I think the hummus crust would retain the juices fairly well. I like any chicken breast recipes that help retain the moisture in the meat.
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great ideas...
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Stuff it with low-fat cheese/extra light soft-cheese and wrap it in ham/bacon medallions, yum :)

^^ yes! soft cheese and bacon works wonders with chicken!
    Its amazing!!!!!
  • momtobe06
    momtobe06 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This is a paula deen recipe

marinade your chicken breast in a little OJ & soy sauce, brown sugar, chopped garlic

wrap a slice of bacon around the chicken breast and bake... serve over rice

it's very yummy
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Made this one up myself:

Heat the oven to 450, put a wire rack on a cookie sheet lined with foil (for the clean up). Microwave 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter with some hot sauce and a little sesame oil. Toss 3 lbs of chicken breast cut into chunks, sprinkle in some shredded coconut. Put the chunks on the wire rack and sprinkle on some more coconut and bake it for about 12 minutes.

Kind of chicken satay-ish, makes lunches for me for 3 days. Yeah, I eat a lot of chicken haha.
  • mreffle
    Options
    If you use lean ground chicken once in a while, try Rachael Ray's Buffalo Chicken Chili. I think it's in the MFP database. Makes a lot (more like 8 servings versus 4 as per recipe) and is really yummy. You can completely skip the corn chips if you prefer.
    http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/buffalo-chicken-chili/
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    for 6 breast halves. 1 single serving plain greek yogurt, 1tbsp morrocan seasoning paste or powder, I tbsp minced garlic. Marrinate a couple of hrs and throw it on your grill. One of my fav
  • mreffle
    Options
    for 6 breast halves. 1 single serving plain greek yogurt, 1tbsp morrocan seasoning paste or powder, I tbsp minced garlic. Marrinate a couple of hrs and throw it on your grill. One of my fav

Marinating in plain yogurt or buttermilk actually is supposed to make it quite tender. Yum!
  • pibbleluv2
    Options
    OOO OOO OOO!!! I just made this the other day, i found this on pinterest and it was SOOOOO good and SOOOO easy!
    Thai peanut chicken!

http://mmmcafe.blogspot.com/2008/11/thai-peanut-chicken.html

i didnt put any cilantro in it only bc to me its very overpowering. i put all the ingredients in my recipies (I added 1 chcken breast) and it comes out to a little under 200 calories per serving...ive found i can get about 6 servings out of it!
    EASY PEASY! I LOVE MY CROCK POT!!!!!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Super simple marinade: Lime margarita mix. Marinade a few hours or overnight, then bake with a glob of salsa on top. Add a sprinkle of shredded cheese, bake another few minutes until melted.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Jerk chicken!!!
    Make your own jerk sauce and marinade for at least 24hrs. Then BBQ/grill them.
    The sauce lasts ages, so make a lot and do jerk fish And jerk pork.

Remember, you are what you eat ;)
  • tleighs
    tleighs Posts: 16
    Options
    I bake mine in medium or hot salsa.
  • cline7310
    cline7310 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I USUALLY MARINATE IT INA STORE BOUGHT MARINADE AND LET IT SIT IN THE FRIDGE FOR LIKE 3 DAYS. AND THEN GRILL IT/ BAKE IT/ SATAY IT. SERVE IS OVER BROWN RICE. QUICK AND EASY. AND YUMMY!! OR I MAKE CHIKEN TACOS. TACO SEASONING , MARINATE FOR A DAY. PUT IT IN A SKILLET IT AND COOK IT UP SERVE IT WITH SPINACH OR WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS, REDUCED FAT CHEESE AND REDUCED FAT SOUR CREAM, SALSA AND LETTUCE!! AGAIN QUICK AND EASY AND YUMMY
  • Jen5588
    Jen5588 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love taking chicken thighs and marinating them overnight in nonfat plain yogurt, cilantro, lime and some ginger then baking them the next day. So moist!
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Marinate in spicy brown mustard, crushed red pepper flake, garlic powder and honey. Bake, enjoy!