Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    lol
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Can't believe how *****y you all are! It's a completely valid question! And one I think a lot of people wonder about, including myself. Well done for being accurate with food amounts! That's what gets results week after week. :)

You are 10 months late in coming to the rescue hun. And most people gave great answers....they just also have a sense of humor and delivered those answers best befitting them. :flowerforyou:
    Oh come on, give the knight a break. His horse is one foot in the grave already.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Lol. I thought I weighed EVERYTHING but I don't weigh eggs. I search the size and brand of my eggs in the database because there are standards on what weight and size the egg must be to be categorized into large, jumbo, medium, etc. Produce however is a completely different story, I DO NOT trust anyone else's idea of what size my banana, apple, etc is. Anything that has a non-edible peel/skin/husk/seed is weighed without those portions. I then search for "edible peach" or "edible avocado" for examples and use the weight from my food scale. Don't let anyone get you down! It was by "estimating" portion sizes that most of us got in the situation to NEED to lose weight.

Edit: spelling
  • blizlady
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but I don't think it is a silly one at all. As a matter of fact, I was brought to this discussion when I googled how much do eggs weigh, with or without their shells, because I get eggs from a farmer. They range from tiny to very large so I need to know this for baking.

A large egg in it's shell weighs 2 ounces, and extra large eggs weigh 2.5 ounces each. Most recipes ask for large eggs, so I weigh out the eggs on my food scale until I have enough ounces equivalent to the number of eggs required by a recipe.