100lbs down! Before and after pic!

Options
100lbs down in 10 months, only 9lbs to go! It has been a long journey and it was completely worth it.
My journey starts after high school. I joined a college softball team and was working out every day for 2 years and I was still gaining weight slowly. I didn’t really pay too much attention to it because I could still play college ball. Then I got out of college and joined the workforce. That’s when the weight started to pile on. I wasn’t at a desk job, I was on my feet all day but still the weight came. It came on very very fast and before I knew it I was 200lbs. I tried weight watchers and working out and was only slightly successful. I lost then gained, back and forth. I was working at a hospital at the time and they were doing screening for employee’s, so I signed up to have my thyroid checked…low and behold I have Hashimoto’s disease. Finally after a year of being not treated right for it, I sought out a good endocrinologist. He did wonders for me! Then I found out I had Crohn’s, celiac, PCOS and diabetes! GOSH!! I can’t catch a break…

So in December 2011, I underwent surgery for my Crohn’s Disease. I wound up having complications and getting an abscess! I was flown to Salt Lake City and was in and out of hospital for 2 months…I lost 40lbs being IV fed basically.

So when I survived that…I vowed to myself I would take care of myself. I stayed in close contact with my endo, PCP and dietitian. We worked together as a team to get me healthy and here I am 100lbs down!

I want to reach normal BMI of 150 for a 5’5” gal. I do not know if this is ideal for a large frame and a ‘true’ hourglass shape (40 30 40). I look very good at the weight I am now but I still want to go a bit further and see where I can get too. I already have family and friends tell me I look to skinny and that I need to stop but I think they are just worried. I know my body well enough to say I can lose more.
I am suffering from a bit of loose skin on my tummy but I can hide it pretty easily. I plan having a TT after having kids. The only way to get rid of skin is surgery sadly enough, I know some people say you can work out to get rid of it but that is a complete lie. You can make it look better and reduce it by some but skin is skin…it just needs to be removed. Even my doctors confirm this. Genetics help, drinking lots of fluids help, body products help very little and working out does help some as well. I can’t complain though the rest of my body snapped back perfectly!

NSV’s
Endurance
Can shop in juniors section!
I no longer have diabetes
I am healthy
I am happy
I fit into my high school bathing suit
Strangers treat me better
I am confident
Got motivated and now I am becoming an Registered Nurse

That’s all I am going to list… even though I have a ton more haha
I hope I inspire many of you!

DANIELLEEKLUND.jpg
IMG_1275.jpg

Replies

• islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    What a fight you have had. I am inspired by your determination. Keep strong.

edited to add. I am celiac too, so if you would like another food diary to look at, I would be pleased to add you.
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    ?action=view&current=IMG_1275.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg

Just trying to fix the pics
  • RyanJS81
    RyanJS81 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing your story and pictures. You look awesome and your dog looks to be proud of you as well :)

WTG!
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!! Well done on your dedication and commitment to getting healthy!!!! :smile:
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • Cyndist1
    Options
    You look great. Have to say your pup looks too cute holding his toy.
    Cindy
  • Suni3276
    Suni3276 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I'm sure you know what your doing and only you know your body the best! Congrats on the weight loss and maintaining it. You are an inspiration to me!! WTG!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation, you look like a totally different person. Congratulations.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Amazing keep it up!
  • misfitpod
    Options
    WOW, you've done absolutely amazingly! x
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have been through SO much!! Thank God you found a good medical team and got the help that you needed.
    You look fantastic, I bet it feels great to tuck your jeans into your boots doesnt it? I cant wait until I can actually get my calf to fit comfortably in tall boots!
    I love your dog, what a cutie holding his duckie..lol
    Good luck with that last 9..if thats what you want, go for it!
    Yes, you have indeed inspired me!
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You look absolutley fantastic, well done on battling through all your challenges. You should feel very proud!
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    \0/ Well done, there is no comparrison, way to go you!

:drinker:
  • kbooth
    kbooth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!! :)

Any words of wisdom for those still on the journey? I love hearing what changes people have made in their lives that have been a significant impact to their weight loss.
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    finally got the pics figured out lol
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! Congrats! You are truly an inspiration to those who have a long way to go.
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful testimony to hear on a Sunday! Congratulations on your successful weight loss...you look fabulous and continued success on your health!
  • timetolose101
    timetolose101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Thanks for sharing.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    You look great! I have 100 to lose and I've got 70 done. I just can't even imagine getting it done. You're an inspiration!
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look great and I love your smile.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!