No More Excuses - Week 11

Options
Weeek 11 - Here we go!

weightchart10.jpg

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Okay guys I owe you all an apologize, I have had my head in a hole but while it was in the hole I was stuffing food in it. It has not been a good week and I really realized again that I eat when I am stressed and can't control things!

Grandpa is home and doing good, they were here for dinner last night. They did something to him to get his heart back in rhythem, the top half was beating in a different rhythem than the bottom half.

Emmy is doing good, extremely fussy and loud and falling but good.

My foot I really have no idea what I did to it, wish I knew. I finally broke down and went to the express care and they are not sure. I decide to wait on x-rays because the doctor didn't think they would show anything. Take it easy is all she told me. Ice and heat, well taking it easy got me no where last week except fatter so I am going to exercise anyway. I will live with the consequences of my actions.

Have a great week and congrats everybody who last weight, which I think was everybody except me. You guys are doing great. :smile:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good evening all...Had a good day today. Finished off the leftovers from last night but watched my portions. I have been eating a Healthy Choice frozen meal for lunch this past week and it seems to be helping. I got them on sale BOGO at Bi-Lo and they were only $1.75 each for the larger meals including dessert. I'll have to come up with a new plan for the next grocery cycle because I can't afford $3.50 a day for my lunch. Maybe I'll find them on sale somewhere else. I did L2D1 of 30 Day Shred today and it kicked my bootie! Hope everyone is doing well.

Christy...Glad to hear from you. It sounds like you are super busy now. Take it easy when you can.

Renae...Thanks for the recipe. I printed it and I plan to try it soon.

Amanda...Thanks so much for doing our chart. I'm glad that your grandpa is so much better. Try to take it easy on your foot. Maybe riding your bike wouldn't hurt it as much or do you have an indoor swim center near you? I will continue to pray for you and your family.

G'night everybody. See you tomorrow.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Amanda, great news on your grandfather and sorry to hear about your foot, you have clearly been spending too much time in medical facilities lately. I bet your weight gain is only temporary.

I noticed this week, while I was eating poorly that I had measured at or above my weight from last week. Yesterday, I went cold turkey on sodium finishing the day under by 1000g. This morning I woke up and I had lost 2 pounds on the week and 3 pounds since yesterday, and thats after eating really poorly this week. I think your 3500 calorie challenge is what helped me counter all that bad eating,

Tamelab, Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, looks like you have imunity this week. :smile:

Everyone else did great, I don't think we have had so many people lose weight in the same week. (now where is that clapping smiley) :flowerforyou:
  • smboyle
    smboyle Posts: 14
    Options
    Great job guys! Keep up the good work! :happy:
  • amaline
    amaline Posts: 84
    Options
    Hey guys

So. I have to admit, the last 3 weeks I have not been good. I know I was on holiday and sick etc but the name of our group is No More Excuses and I should be sticking to that! I have been eating pretty healthily (to be honest unhealthy food just does NOT appeal to me anymore) but I haven't been watching my portion sizes as strictly as I should and I have really slacked off on the exercise. I haven't even got on the scale in a while as I don't want to see what it says!

SO. This is my recommitment to you all - I WILL get back on track. I am going to exercise for at least half an hour everyday this week and stay in my calorie goals for at least 6 days of the week. And I am going to weigh in this Sunday instead of avoiding it. Time to face the music!

Looks like you all had a great loss last week, well done!

Amanda - please please take it easy on your foot if you need to! You can do long term damage if you don't give your injuries time to heal properly. I agree with Tam - can you go swimming? or concentrate on upper body work and abs this week instead?

Christy - I think I missed the big news! Congrats on your pregnancy!

Keep up the good work everyone :smile:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Amanda, great news on your grandfather and sorry to hear about your foot, you have clearly been spending too much time in medical facilities lately. I bet your weight gain is only temporary.

I noticed this week, while I was eating poorly that I had measured at or above my weight from last week. Yesterday, I went cold turkey on sodium finishing the day under by 1000g. This morning I woke up and I had lost 2 pounds on the week and 3 pounds since yesterday, and thats after eating really poorly this week. I think your 3500 calorie challenge is what helped me counter all that bad eating,

Tamelab, Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, looks like you have imunity this week. :smile:

Everyone else did great, I don't think we have had so many people lose weight in the same week. (now where is that clapping smiley) :flowerforyou:

Thanks Jack! I am pretty sure that sodium is to blame for my weight gain also, at least part of it!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Amy...Glad to hear from you. I'm glad you are feeling better and back on track. If you don't exercise and post about it this week, I will come looking for you:smile:

Thanks, Jack...Congrats on your loss too.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Hey guys

So. I have to admit, the last 3 weeks I have not been good. I know I was on holiday and sick etc but the name of our group is No More Excuses and I should be sticking to that! I have been eating pretty healthily (to be honest unhealthy food just does NOT appeal to me anymore) but I haven't been watching my portion sizes as strictly as I should and I have really slacked off on the exercise. I haven't even got on the scale in a while as I don't want to see what it says!

SO. This is my recommitment to you all - I WILL get back on track. I am going to exercise for at least half an hour everyday this week and stay in my calorie goals for at least 6 days of the week. And I am going to weigh in this Sunday instead of avoiding it. Time to face the music!

Looks like you all had a great loss last week, well done!

Amanda - please please take it easy on your foot if you need to! You can do long term damage if you don't give your injuries time to heal properly. I agree with Tam - can you go swimming? or concentrate on upper body work and abs this week instead?

Christy - I think I missed the big news! Congrats on your pregnancy!

Keep up the good work everyone :smile:

Amy, so glad to see back. I almost didn't post my weight this week but then I thought about all the times other members had posted theirs even with a gain and thought that every time I see it, it will just pi** me off, so that will motivate me. :smile:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Good evening all...Had a good day today. Finished off the leftovers from last night but watched my portions. I have been eating a Healthy Choice frozen meal for lunch this past week and it seems to be helping. I got them on sale BOGO at Bi-Lo and they were only $1.75 each for the larger meals including dessert. I'll have to come up with a new plan for the next grocery cycle because I can't afford $3.50 a day for my lunch. Maybe I'll find them on sale somewhere else. I did L2D1 of 30 Day Shred today and it kicked my bootie! Hope everyone is doing well.

Christy...Glad to hear from you. It sounds like you are super busy now. Take it easy when you can.

Renae...Thanks for the recipe. I printed it and I plan to try it soon.

Amanda...Thanks so much for doing our chart. I'm glad that your grandpa is so much better. Try to take it easy on your foot. Maybe riding your bike wouldn't hurt it as much or do you have an indoor swim center near you? I will continue to pray for you and your family.

G'night everybody. See you tomorrow.

Nope, no indoor swimming pool except the one my daughter does PT in and they won't let me in it. All that pool, offered to pay to swim and nope, not open to regular swimming during that time. No wonder, they are always operating in the red.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Okay just played the Wii for 10 minutes and now I can't walk this is going to be such an interesting week.

Goals:

Watch my calories very carefully, very carefully.

Exercise what I can do

Drink lots of water and no pop - Big one for me!

I guess that is it, don't think I will be able to get the 3500 calories in this week. :grumble:
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Okay just played the Wii for 10 minutes and now I can't walk this is going to be such an interesting week.

Goals:

Exercise what I can do

I guess that is it, don't think I will be able to get the 3500 calories in this week. :grumble:

Ok, here are some ideas. Since you are off your feet, it is time to pump you up.

Push ups from your knees
    sit ups/crunches
    lots of stretching from off your feet,
    seated arm curls
    seated triceps extensions
    seated military press

Here are a couple sites you can get ideas from:
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/blobeseexercise.htm
    http://www.bodyresults.com/E2seatedcoreexercises.asp
  • amaline
    Options

Goals:

Exercise what I can do

Ok, here are some ideas. Since you are off your feet, it is time to pump you up.

Push ups from your knees
    sit ups/crunches
    lots of stretching from off your feet,
    seated arm curls
    seated triceps extensions
    seated military press

Here are a couple sites you can get ideas from:
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/blobeseexercise.htm
    http://www.bodyresults.com/E2seatedcoreexercises.asp

Good ideas Jack!

Amanda - I had another thought - do you know the speed ball thing? They do it in a lot of tae bo/martial arts based classes. Basically hold your arms above your head and pretend to hit a speed ball? That's gotta burn a heap of calories as it KILLS! So maybe you could add that in to your routine? Do sets of it in between some of the exercises Jack suggested. I know anything where you have to lift your arms above your head gets the heartrate going.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi All!

Amanda;; Please take it easy and try not to be so hard on yourself. Once your foot heals you can make up for lost time!!! I agree with Jack.....do stuff that doesn't require you to be on your foot!

Christy....Glad to hear from you. Hope all goes well.

Jack.....Geez you just keep going dude! You are on a roll.

Tammy.....Glad to see you broke through your platue as well.

Amy....I know you will be back on track.

Maybe we have all had a rude awakening in the past couple of weeks. I think the fact that we are all still here and committed says something for each of us.

I got on the wii tonight and only burned about 150 calories or so but broke my record in Kung Fu. YIPEEE!!! Did the island run and a couple of the fun games. Went out to dinner with the family but was good. We went to Village Inn and I ordered one of their Heart Healthy menue items. I was pleasantly surprised that I couldn't finish it all and that it tasted rather good!

Well....off to relax a bit before bed.

Night all!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    You guys are truly the best. I agree with Ann, we have made it through Thanksgiving and Christmas and we are still going and that means alot. I am so proud to call you my fellow team members. Thanks! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Jack, great ideas! I did do the Wii tonight for 46 minutes and 204 calories burnt. It was brutal but was worth it. Now I am off to soak in the hot tub and then ice this dang foot. I should quit complaining and be thankful I don't live in Haiti and I have a wonderful family, a roof over my head and my blessed children.. I will step up now and get a grip. :heart: you guys!
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    JustJack, those are excellent ideas!

Amanda, I can't believe the pool people wouldn't let you in! That's just crazy. No local college that has a pool around? I hope your foot starts to feel better. Are you taking anything for it?

To everyone that lost this week, good for you and congrats!!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    JustJack, those are excellent ideas!

Amanda, I can't believe the pool people wouldn't let you in! That's just crazy. No local college that has a pool around? I hope your foot starts to feel better. Are you taking anything for it?

To everyone that lost this week, good for you and congrats!!

Yeah, me either. There is this beautiful aquatic center with two pools, one with zero depth for children and whoever. That is the pool they do therapy in. The other is this beautiful lap pool. It is torture to sit there and not swim because I am a fish. I homeschooled my kids last year and my daughter again this year and they used to let us pay to swim, so while youngest had PT, we had PE. No more! We have two different therapists and the one on Thursday lets oldest dd get in the pool and "help" with youngest. The pool is 45 minutes away so if it is not for therapy I can't justify the trip during the open swim time. It amazes me they pay lifeguards to watch a 5 year old with a therapist but won't let a paying customer in. STUPID!!!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Ann, like your new pic! :flowerforyou:
  • amaline
    Options
    Yay! I'm back on track! Did W5D1 of Couch to 5 km tonight and it was great!!! I was scared I would have lost all my fitness and have to go back another week but I was fine. I did go a bit slower than normal but felt awesome. THEN I did 20 minutes on the bike to get to 500cals burned! woohoo!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Yay! I'm back on track! Did W5D1 of Couch to 5 km tonight and it was great!!! I was scared I would have lost all my fitness and have to go back another week but I was fine. I did go a bit slower than normal but felt awesome. THEN I did 20 minutes on the bike to get to 500cals burned! woohoo!

Great job, Amy!!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good Monday morning team...That doesn't even sound right, does it? I hate Mondays. I am starting work early today 'cause once again I chose not to work on the weekend. Today will be a 10 hour typing day for me:grumble: but then again, I am thankful to still be employed. I will do C25K today at some point. Tomorrow is gym day. I hope everyone has a great day!

Ann...Love your new pic!

Amanda...Also you could try those punches that Jillian does on the 30 Day Shred. You can do them from a seated position or your knees and just punch and extend your arms across the opposite side of your body. My heart rate gets up really fast doing those and it work abs too!

Nysa...Thanks! I was glad to finally see a loss. I had been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds since before Christmas!

Anybody heard from Laura lately? I'll send her a message and see how she is doing.