No More Excuses - Week 11

Options

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all. Hope everyone is having a good day. Can't make it to aerobics tonight, my husband will be hauling grain tonight, and we already spent $70 on a sitter this weekend. So this morning I hit the treadmill for 31 min, and did 2 miles and burnt 412 cals. This afternoon after some book work, I will do Bob's boot camp, only level 1 for additional burn. Still have 2100 cals to burn by Friday to get in my 3500. Trying to catch up for not doing anything on Saturday.

Amanda - I agree with everyone about taking it easy on your foot, you will recover fast in the long run.

I'm getting discouraged that the scale isnt moving, yet I am working out so much and eating within cals. I know the speel about water, and muscle vs fat, and inches, but it would be nice to see the scale go down more.

My biggest downfall is the evening snack. Once the kids are in bed instead of having a health snack, I have popcorn, usually the 50% less fat, but none the less it is packed with sodium. So that is my goal to try to cut back on stuff like that.
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Renaegry - Go you with the morning workout!! I just can't get myself motivated to work out in the mornings! I can barely motivate myself out of my nice, warm bed lol. As far as snacks go, you can get some 100 calorie butter popcorn from Orville. It's pretty good!

Tammy - Now that the holiday's are over, maybe those 2 pounds will stay gone for good! :D

Have any of you that do the Wii Fit Plus used the Biggest Loser attachments they sell at Big Lots? We bought the dumbbell attachments for me to use during the arm toning, and you can really feel it.

Amanda - How feasible would it be to have a doc or someone at the Urgent Care clinic write you a note suggesting you be able to use the pool to help your ankle heal? Maybe if you gave a copy to the owner of the therapy pool they would let you?
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Renae...I eat Pop Weaver light butter and it has 100 cals for 5 cups popped (which is the whole bag) and 150 sodium. I like it as far as light popcorn goes, would really prefer old fashioned kettle corn though :laugh:
  • dragonfly81
    Options
    I wanted to ask, what do you guys have your sodium levels set at? I see alot of people that talk about eating too much sodium, but I end up being well under each day, so I think I may have mine set too high, maybe?
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Mine is at 2500, and I would eat double that every day if I could. (everything I seem to like is full of sodium)
  • tamelab
    Options
    I wanted to ask, what do you guys have your sodium levels set at? I see alot of people that talk about eating too much sodium, but I end up being well under each day, so I think I may have mine set too high, maybe?

Mine is set at 2500 (by MFP) and I have a hard time staying under that if I eat anything processed, which is almost all the time. I try to counter it with water.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Renae...I eat Pop Weaver light butter and it has 100 cals for 5 cups popped (which is the whole bag) and 150 sodium. I like it as far as light popcorn goes, would really prefer old fashioned kettle corn though :laugh:

Yes the sodium in mine is 420 for whole bag. I have tried 100 cal popcorn but it is those ones in tiny little bags, which never seems enough. I will have to see if I can find that Pop Weaver, never heard of it before. Maybe we can't get it here.
  • renaegry
    Options

Mine is set at 2500 (by MFP) and I have a hard time staying under that if I eat anything processed, which is almost all the time. I try to counter it with water.

Mine is also set at 2500. I almost always go over, I consume more like 3000-3500mg.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    My sodiuum isalso 2500.....Haven't really been watching it until you started talking about. Just brought it up on my settings.

I usually drink "a lot" of water though.
    Ann
  • renaegry
    Options
    Just finished Boot camp level 1 this afternoon and burnt 272 cal. Total for today is 684. Still have 1845 to burn in 3 days to get me to my goal of 3500/week. An average of 615 per day. I should be able to do it.

Ann - I never tracked my sodium at all till one day on one discussion board we were talking about it. When I added it to my settings, I couldnt believe how much I was consuming. Or how much is in processed foods. Specially soup. I was shocked. I try to drink plenty of water as well.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Well since I have so many cals left I have decided to have good regular popcorn this evening once the kids go to bed. It only uses 161 of my excercise cals and believe it or not I still have 610 sodium left.
  • michellejayne
    Options
    Great motivation keep it up!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good evening team...I made it to the gym this evening and did C25K. I am sticking with week 6 for a while. I started outside on the running trail and there are a lot of big hills. I didn't realize how much harder it was than the treadmill. I do small inclines maybe up to 5 on the treadmill. Anyhoo, I did 1-1/2 miles on the trail and then went inside and finished on the treadmill. I will have to take baby steps to tackle that trail but it was 60 degrees here today and beautiful and I couldn't resist some sunshine while I suffered. I finished under calorie goal on all my numbers today, which is very rare for me. Sleep well MFP friends. See you tomorrow.

Renae...Is the Boot Camp you are doing from The Biggest Loser? I saw that one today at Costco for $7.99 and thought I might try it after I finish level 3 of Jillian's 30-Day Shred.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I am back. I eat too many calories yesterday but still managed to lose almost 2 pounds. I don't know how, but I will take it. I have gained some back but totally not sweating it, it will come back off. My hubby is doing well, just his side sore some, but he is taking it all so well.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning...I have another busy day today. Today is Shred day. Hope you all have a great day!
  • renaegry
    Options
    Well since I have so many cals left I have decided to have good regular popcorn this evening once the kids go to bed. It only uses 161 of my excercise cals and believe it or not I still have 610 sodium left.

Well I am very dissapointed in myself for eating the popcorn. And to make matters worse I am up 1.6 pounds today Friday. Not sure if I would rather gain muscle or see the scale drop. I hope it is just the muscle and water thing.

Today I am going to do boot camp level 2. And I know my downfall will be tonight watching biggest loser at 10. Kids will be sleeping and husband will be at hockey. I vow to not eat popcorn. Will snack on yogurt and come crackers.

Will check back in with everyone after workout this afternoon.

Momoftwo (sorry not sure of your name) - Glad to see you back and to hear your hubby is doing well.

Tammy - The boot camp is Biggest Losers. I love it.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning all! It's a Monday for many of us. My office was closed yesterday but I still worked the morning! Had to get some things done!!!!

Gonna be a busy one today as well I think. I am doing fairly well on the Curves diet. Not really sticking to their planned meals but keeping within the prescribed calories. I have weigh in for that on Wednesday night. I really don't like the night weigh in thing. My weight (as all of ours probably are) is so much better in the morning! Oh well. I just keep track of it separetely than I do my weigh ins here! It's usually about a 3 pound difference which is frustrating but I figure if I get down to my 150 with them, then I will be below it here! :happy:

Glad to see everyone is feeling a little better.

OH>>>>>Proud momma moment!!!! Our youngest auditioned and made it into the Arkansas Valley Middle School Honor Band again this year, and he ended up 2nd chair. He was really happy. They did so well last night. It is always a thrill to listen to honor bands and choirs. The best of the best in the valley!

Now.....to get some work done!!! Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Ann
  • dragonfly81
    Options
    Ann - Congrats on following the diets and for your son!!! I'm a highly proud band nerd myself, (Just ask MomofTwo) LOL I was in marching band, honor's band, jazz band, chorus, honor's chorus, chamber choir, drama.. you name it. My poor mother used to say that I had more electives than I did classes. She wasn't actually wrong! I spent more time at school when I was a teen, then I did anywhere else. I still get excited when hubby surprises me by taking me to a band competition. (See, told you.. NERD I am).

Renaergy - Don't beat yourself up too much over the popcorn. What's done is done, and we can't change it, so why dwell on it. Next time, just try to grab something healthier and remind yourself why. Have you tried the 100 calorie bags from Orville Redenboker (not sure of the spelling of the brand.)

Laura - I'm so glad Q is feeling better. How are YOU feeling? I know you must be tired, taking care of the whole household. Supermom, you are!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Ann - Congrats on following the diets and for your son!!! I'm a highly proud band nerd myself, (Just ask MomofTwo) LOL I was in marching band, honor's band, jazz band, chorus, honor's chorus, chamber choir, drama.. you name it. My poor mother used to say that I had more electives than I did classes. She wasn't actually wrong! I spent more time at school when I was a teen, then I did anywhere else. I still get excited when hubby surprises me by taking me to a band competition. (See, told you.. NERD I am).

Renaergy - Don't beat yourself up too much over the popcorn. What's done is done, and we can't change it, so why dwell on it. Next time, just try to grab something healthier and remind yourself why. Have you tried the 100 calorie bags from Orville Redenboker (not sure of the spelling of the brand.)

Laura - I'm so glad Q is feeling better. How are YOU feeling? I know you must be tired, taking care of the whole household. Supermom, you are!

YEAH for band geeks!!!! I was too in school as you could see from the retro picture I posted a while back! Four of the five kids have all been in band as well. The last 2 the most active. Kinda like you...band, marching and concert, jazz band, honor band, choir and show choir, drama.. everything! I love watching and listening to them. Have you ever gone to Drums along the Rockies,.. or any drum and bugle corp competition. OMGosh!!!!! They are so fun to watch. My dh was in a D & B corp right after HS. He loved it as well.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Ann...Congrats to your youngest for such a great accomplishment!

Ann and Nysa...I was in the concert band and played the clarinet. I didn't march during football season since I cheered but I enjoyed it. We got to go to the New Orleans World's Fair in 1982 (?) and then I got to go to Disney World on another trip. My oldest is not interested but I hope my youngest is. He gets to decide when he starts 6th grade, which is a couple more years.

Renae...Thanks. I may try that one next. Maybe you can find another popcorn so you don't have to give it up. I hate doing without something I really like.

Laura...Glad to see you today and glad your hubby is doing so great!