What's your "go-to" meal when you have no calories left?

Options

Replies

• tawnajean
    Options
    I like to make veggie soup (0 point weight watchers recipe) It is basically broth, canned tomatoes and any type of low cal veg you want to put in it. I like onion, garlic, celery, carrot, green beans, and zucchini.

I would also have string cheese or cottage cheese.

I've done the I'll-just-skip-dinner thing before and it always backfires for me! I just end up binging later at night- I'd rather just go over eating an actual meal than dealing with that!
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    I would eat small portions the rest of the day and keep it really clean. Maybe some grilled chicken and veggies for dinner. You will most likely go over a couple hundred calories - but don't panic seeing that red number! Instead, tomorrow cut off whatever calories you went over from your allowed caloric intake. It shouldn't be too hard to do if tomorrow you keep your eating super clean and lean :) You can also take that walk with your family! That sounds like fun!

I don't recommend forcing yourself to only drink tea the rest of the day. By 9 PM you could be STARVING and end up binging super late.

Remember, even if you go a couple hundred calories over your allowed intake, you're probably still at a caloric deficit. If you're set to lose a pound a week MFP has you at a 500 calorie deficit. If you go over by 200 calories, you're still under for the day!

Great advice - remember you are set at a deficit so going over is ok. Don't skip dinner and drink tea or water for the rest of the day.

This type of pigging out on pizza then eating nothing for dinner is an unhealthy attitude to food. It's not going to help you in the long run.

Eat something healthy and filling for dinner and forget about any excess calories
  • nesskoz
    Options
    Munch on a large apple! very filling
  • Elle562018
    Elle562018 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I eat baby carrots and lots of fresh fruits and green tea.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I would just eat a regular lowish calorie meal, and exercise the difference in calories.
  • jkprof
    jkprof Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When i have no calories left i eat a raw Kale salad with cold shrimp with lemon and a tbs or more of almond oil and salty spices. That is about 93 calories depending on the oil. the Kale is satisfying the lemon and salt and oils pull it all together.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Yep - it's 3pm and I'm sitting here with 92 calories left for the day. Swore I'd be back on track today, but a surprise family outing to a pizza buffet came up. I tried to behave... but even then still consumed TOO MUCH.

What do YOU do at this point? Just water and tea for the rest of the day? Air popped pop corn? Celery only? I could get out for a walk with the kids and maybe burn a few more calories - but would love other ideas?

eat a big *kitten* salad with lemon and olive oil dressing.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

eat a big *kitten* salad with lemon and olive oil dressing.
    [/quote]

LOL I love this guy! :laugh:
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    I'd kill myself in a workout to get more calories, but that's not always a go.

If you don't wanna workout:

Lots of assorted lettuces, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, mushrooms with a light dressing or vinegar homemade. A giant bowl of fresh salad is very low cal.
    Egg white scramble with salsa and maybe a veggie sausage
    Veggie stir fry, a bag of stir fry is never more than 200 calories
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    egg white omelette

This. Sometimes with peppers.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    My go-to is going to bed hungry.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'd probably go ahead and eat whatever it was I was planning to eat anyway and not sweat it.

And by probably I mean that's exactly what I would do. Or I suppose you can eat a dry salad.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that you only have 92 calories left to meet your deficit goal. Even if you eat an additional 200-300 calories, you'll likely be eating your maintenance calories so you won't gain, you just won't lose. It's only one day.
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yep - it's 3pm and I'm sitting here with 92 calories left for the day. Swore I'd be back on track today, but a surprise family outing to a pizza buffet came up. I tried to behave... but even then still consumed TOO MUCH.

What do YOU do at this point? Just water and tea for the rest of the day? Air popped pop corn? Celery only? I could get out for a walk with the kids and maybe burn a few more calories - but would love other ideas?

Haven't read all the replies yet, but what I do is try to get in some more walking, park farther away, jog in place, that sort of thing. Then try to eat a sensible, healthy dinner. I love salad and it can be very filling. On days like that I usually end up going over, but who cares? It is one day and won't completely derail what you do every day in the long run. I <3 pizza and have a hard time saying no to an extra slice....or two, myself.
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelete with lots of veggies and a little 2% cheddar and maybe some greek yogurt on the side.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I can say "90 calories" and "meal" in the same sentence. ...Oh, wait...

It's a bad idea for me to start eating something if I only have about 90 left, so my idea in this situation would be to eat nothing and wait until tomorrow.
  • tattedlady75
    tattedlady75 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Egg whites
    Carrots
    Cucumbers
    Frozen mixed veggies
    Yogurt

Also, don't worry if you go over by 100-200, as long as you dont go over your maintenance calories your fine. Plus look at your weekly total thus far you may have 100 - 200 in there. Or you could just cut back alittle tomorrow and still have a good weekly total.
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Alrighty then! Not sure why this is back when it was originally posted in October of 2012. I am almost positive the OP found something to eat by now.
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Alrighty then! Not sure why this is back when it was originally posted in October of 2012. I am almost positive the OP found something to eat by now.
    That would be me, as I bumped it earlier, when I did a search on what to eat when your calories are gone for the day.