Turkey Bacon?

Options

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I bought turkey bacon once to be healthier. It didn't taste as good and it was only 5 calories less per strip. I didn't compare fat though. So although I prefer finding healthy options for most things, I will probably stick with regular bacon as well! (just less of it)

I love this post!! You are awesome!! LOL.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pork. It's just my dietary preference though. I do like Turkey Bacon. Don't eat it often due to the sodium level, but it does taste yummy to my tummy. :happy:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I like real bacon! And sausage :)
    Yes!! Im ProPig!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon tastes like spam to me.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I just hate all bacon, I don't discriminate based on type of animal it come from haha.

This. But my meat eating husband actually prefers turkey bacon to regular bacon!

Why!!!!???? LOL
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    hey hey hey turkey bacon is pretty good! i eat it about every other day. Of course, its not as good as regular bacon but its a pretty good substitute in my book! :-)
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    it is yucko bucko. reminds me of dog snacks that they make smell like food . . . like begging strips or something. My dog doesn't even eat that stuff. I heart bacon.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I am with you! Bacon is one of the most perfect foods, leave it alone! However, my daughter is a pro turkey bacon lover so I must admit I do buy it and enjoy it. But, I agree the name should be turkey strips, not turkey bacon! Nice rant for the day.

God Bless you and your turkey strip eating daughter too. LOL Maybe one day she will see the light. I have decided to do a rant everyday for now on. Stay tuned.
  • anial
    anial Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like oigs too. It's why I eat them :)
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I <3 turkey bacon lol to each their own

Me as well! Regular bacon IS good, but WAAAY too salty for me usually. I like the lighter flavor of turkey bacon and how it is less "greasy".
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    ae752189_why-you-mad-tho.jpeg
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Its great on a baked potato with a laughing cow cheese wedge:))

Yes Real bacon is great on anything.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Mitch Hedberg said it best...

There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastromi... some one needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Especially since lean, center cut bacon, has less fat and calories than turkey 'bacon'! Plus, the turkey stuff has a lot of additives. Eat real food!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I agree. The first time I ever tried it was at my sisters house. She was baking it. It smelled soooo good. Then I took a bite. Couldn't spit it out fast enough.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    love bacon tooo ... And not guilty, not. You just proof me that you can it it and keep lose it... ;)))

HUH? Please revise. LOL I dont get it.
  • anial
    anial Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like pigs. I think they're cute and I refuse to eat any product that involves killing them. So...turkey bacon it is.
    I like pigs too. It' s why I eat them ... Love is tuff:happy:
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    This is appropriate. :drinker:

http://www.comedycentral.com/jokes/1z0j8g/stand-up-mitch-hedberg--mitch-hedberg--pissed-off-at-turkeys

EDIT: HAHA! a_mandolin_ beat me to it...
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm Australian and we have NFI what Turkey Bacon is. Agree, bacon is from pigs. Thanks for clarifying!