Turkey Bacon?

Options

Replies

• Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Mitch Hedberg said it best...

There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastromi... some one needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself.

AAH! You beat me to it! HAHAH! I posted that, too. LOVE THAT GUY!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Regular bacon is too greasy and salty...gimme a piece of turkey bacon any day of the week.. mmmmm
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    You might as well put that bacon on a sandwich bun. i do not even know how they are able to classify it as "bacon." There are plenty of "real bacon" brands that offer less cals, fat, sodium and cholesterol. I eat "real" bacon that has 45 cal, 3.5g fat, 240mg sodium, 5g chol, and 3g protein per slice. Most brands (Bar S) make theirs with double that...

I believe that Bacon is a necessity in moderation. Makes everything better.

Bacon is amazing! Really a blessing from the almighty! Im thankful.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I just hate all bacon, I don't discriminate based on type of animal it come from haha.

Pigot!! Sorry I just had to do it. LOL.

LOL thing like this is one of the reasons we're friends
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I like turkey bacon because when it's cooked, it's not chewy. Yes, I can cook regular bacon to this point, but it takes alot longer. So, here at the house, we have regular bacon, because I can cook it to the point that I want....and when we eat out I usually get turkey bacon because it's harder for the cook to screw it up to the point that I won't eat it.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Especially since lean, center cut bacon, has less fat and calories than turkey 'bacon'! Plus, the turkey stuff has a lot of additives. Eat real food!

This!! I was gonna try it but the additives had me running.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I like turkey bacon. I eat it over actual bacon. It's call turkey "bacon" because it looks like bacon and it's meant to be a healthier replacement for actual bacon. I love real bacon too, but the calories aren't worth it.

Ah ha! So its called Turkey "Bacon" because it looks like Bacon? Do we call a man dressed like a "woman", Man Woman? Im sorry Im being sill but so serious at the same time.
  • anial
    anial Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    love bacon tooo ... And not guilty, not. You just proof me that you can it it and keep lose it... ;)))

HUH? Please revise. LOL I dont get it.
    No hurm, just your results on the ticker:wink:
  • torshi
    torshi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like turkey bacon, please it doesn't shrink up as much.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    This is appropriate. :drinker:

http://www.comedycentral.com/jokes/1z0j8g/stand-up-mitch-hedberg--mitch-hedberg--pissed-off-at-turkeys

EDIT: HAHA! a_mandolin_ beat me to it...

Awesome :D Great minds... ;) Good link, now I'll watch him the rest of the night.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I don't eat pork. It's just my dietary preference though. I do like Turkey Bacon. Don't eat it often due to the sodium level, but it does taste yummy to my tummy. :happy:

Understood but Im more so offended by the name of it. Why not call it Turkey Strips? I dont like it being called Turkey "Bacon" Im just offended by it. I am very passionate about my bacon and dont like for anyone to bully my bacon or call it names. Call my bacon, "Turkey Bacon" really upsets me. (Not Really) Im being an idiot but I am passionate about my bacon.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Turkey bacon tastes like spam to me.

I laughed but I dont agree. Turkey "Bacon" tastes like cooked turkey strips. Nothing like Bacon.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is just nasty....
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I like pigs too. It's why I eat them :)

^^ LOVE THIS! LMFAO! I'm a fan of both BUT real bacon is the ISH! Amen halleujah. So crispy and delicious! And the only thing I don't like about Turkey bacon is you can't cook it for too long or it becomes like friggin paper.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    hey hey hey turkey bacon is pretty good! i eat it about every other day. Of course, its not as good as regular bacon but its a pretty good substitute in my book! :-)

:-) Why come on here fighting for Turkey "Bacon" But you clearly state that its not as good as the real deal? LOL Come on sis bacon is delicious and I feel like we are bullying bacon when we call it names like turkey. Not cool.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    it is yucko bucko. reminds me of dog snacks that they make smell like food . . . like begging strips or something. My dog doesn't even eat that stuff. I heart bacon.

Stand up team bacon!!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    ae752189_why-you-mad-tho.jpeg

LOL.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    pemeal bacon is much healthier

What is it?
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Mitch Hedberg said it best...

There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastromi... some one needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself.

I love this!!! LOL If we are what we eat I am just bacon. I will never be called a turkey "Bacon"
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Especially since lean, center cut bacon, has less fat and calories than turkey 'bacon'! Plus, the turkey stuff has a lot of additives. Eat real food!

Preach!