Turkey Bacon?

Options

Replies

• torshi
    torshi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like turkey bacon, please it doesn't shrink up as much.

So you prefer texture over taste? Is that what I understand? Or you just hate shrinkage?

I don't notice a texture issue with turkey bacon like I do with ground turkey.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    mmmmm breakfast meat....and MMMM pork breakfast meat! Now you have me craving at 11:05pm.

I....don't so much mind turkey bacon, 'though it's not as good as regular bacon. And I can certainly agree with what you're saying in regards to the name!
  • slshaw23
    slshaw23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I don't like turkey bacon either for some reason it seems rubbery to me lol
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Pork makes me break out and can send me into anaphylactic shock. So turkey bacon keeps my breakfast a little similar to my family's without the unfortunate side affects.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I like both. But with turkey bacon I can eat 2 or 3 strips with my eggs and be fine. But regular bacon owns my soul, if it's in my house I'll fry up the whole package at once. So I only it is as a treat at diners where they control the portion. :)
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    When I went to Egypt a few months a go they had 'beef bacon' as its a Muslim country they don't eat pork.

This beef bacon was bloody awful :sick:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I like turkey bacon, please it doesn't shrink up as much.

So you prefer texture over taste? Is that what I understand? Or you just hate shrinkage?

I don't notice a texture issue with turkey bacon like I do with ground turkey.

Now ground turkey I have no issues with. I cook with that often. I can make it taste wonderful. Seasoning is key with ground turkey.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I don't like turkey bacon either for some reason it seems rubbery to me lol

Because it is!!! LOL.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Pork makes me break out and can send me into anaphylactic shock. So turkey bacon keeps my breakfast a little similar to my family's without the unfortunate side affects.

Oh My.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    YUMMY... :bigsmile:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    When I went to Egypt a few months a go they had 'beef bacon' as its a Muslim country they don't eat pork.

This beef bacon was bloody awful :sick:

I believe you. Bacon should only come from a pig!
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is loaded with sodium. I'm with you- if you are going to eat bacon once in awhile... choose a nice nitrate, sulphite free thick cut.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon works for me since I have pancreatitis. Also, my wife can't hardly eat regular bacon now because of all the grease. You are right in the fact that we need to be more responsible to portion control but ish happens.
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Not bad...different brands may work for you, but I know what you mean, nothing like the real taste! Love the wording as responsibly...NICE!
  • GaPeachRealtor
    Options
    Too funny and I can so relate.. Bacon is my vice and I have it ever y Sat morning for breakfast!
    Smoothie M-Fri!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Too funny and I can so relate.. Bacon is my vice and I have it ever y Sat morning for breakfast!
    Smoothie M-Fri!

Cool its Sunday Morning for me.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Not bad...different brands may work for you, but I know what you mean, nothing like the real taste! Love the wording as responsibly...NICE!

Eat responsibly. :-) Drink Responsibly. :-) Do everything responsibly. :-)
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Start a petition to call it Turkey Fake-un. There should be a law.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    My brother in-law lives by 2 mottos and 2 mottos only:

1. Everything is better with bacon
    2. There is always room for a hot dog

Thats how he lives his life!!
  • Personally, I don't like the taste of any meat other than turkey..so this is a blessing for me, lol!