Walking Dead Season 3..Episode 1.......

Options
Charlie003
Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
For all my friends and others who want to talk about the first episode. Not for my friends and others who do not want spoilers....

So, What did you think?

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Totally freaked out by the thought that the baby might be zombified!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I loved it.

First time since the series began that I literally screamed out loud and went "OH *kitten* THAT"S SO GROSS AND YET SO AWESOME!" lol
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options

Hahaha this too!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I actually like Carl now! He is pretty awesome, especially since Rick let him clear the house with them.

Pretty badass episode!
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    I was a little bored until they got inside the prison.

Zombie baby possibility? Oh my god. Didn't even think of that.

Herschel's leg? Probably the most gory/shocking thing on the show so far. Hope it works!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    "I'm not sleeping in a cage!"
    ~Daryl

That prison is so creepy! :tongue:
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    i totally knew Rick was going to cut off Herschel's leg. said it outloud before he did it!
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    If Lori were not pregnant, I would off her in her sleep.

Daryl is the best character in the show, truly a badass.

I hope Andrea's character gets it togther.

As for Carl....I still hate his character. After seeing him shooting and picking off walkers though, I hate him a little less.

Question: How come all the guys have long hair, beards, unkept look, yet the women all look great?
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    -Daryl is the best character in the show, truly a badass. -

Hell yes! Daryl is be best!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

I know this probably makes me horrible but the image of a zombified baby makes me laugh.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I have a question...

If they are all infected already, why would the bite matter anymore? If they die without zombie intervention...they become zombies! I don't get that part, unless I missed something?
  • KiaCristal
    Options
    Still hate Lori, I don't care if she's pregnant or not. I would love to see a zombie baby though, haha. Especially because it's most likely Shane's anyway.

Carl is still annoying but at least he can help some now.

What is wrong with Andrea? I don't know her name but the chick with the zombie pets is pretty cool so far. I could totally see her and Andrea hooking up.

Daryl...I :heart: him. Norman Reedus :love: He's definitely on my list of 3 that my husband and I have...like that would ever happen but him playing Daryl makes him even more attractive.

I thought it was a pretty good episode overall. I've never read the graphic novels so everything is new to me.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have a question...

If they are all infected already, why would the bite matter anymore? If they die without zombie intervention...they become zombies! I don't get that part, unless I missed something?

That's what I was wondering. It was a bite on the leg... it's not like he had his throat or guts ripped out like others.

Unless any zombie bite can cause death.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I LOVED season one. Season two was a HUGE disappointment to me. I heard that they fired all the writes from season one and hired new people for season two. (Not sure if that's just a rumor or not). Why would they do that when the show was such a success from the start? Anyways, season two just seemed to drag on and be really slow. I was pretty impressed with last night's episode so hopefully this season will be back to its original awesomeness!

Definitely freaky when she said the baby could be a zombie and eat her from the inside!!

And I didn't realize they could save you from turning into a zombie by amputating where ever you got bit?

All in all, a good start to the new season!
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I have a question...

That's what I was wondering. It was a bite on the leg... it's not like he had his throat or guts ripped out like others.

From what a understand, a zombie bite creates the fever they talk about in Season One. Remember how Jim got bit and the fever eventually kills you so that is why I believe cutting off Hershel's leg before it could spread 'might' work.

However, in the clip of the next episode you see a cross in the prison yard. Could that be Hershel's?
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you remember Jim from the first season, the fever is pretty brutal. I'm willing to bet that it gets hot enough that it'll kill. I'm really hoping Hershel makes it.

And OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH, Daryl. I'm definitely in love with this man. xD Anyone else see him and Carol hooking up?
  • jenwalton
    jenwalton Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have a question...

It's the poison from the bites that can kill them. Remember Jim (I think that's his name) from the very first season? He got a minor bite and ended up slowly dying of flu-like symptoms. They ended up leaving him by the side of the road. Maybe by cutting off Hershel's leg right away, they figured the poison wouldn't have spread so fast.

I feel like such a nerd typing this.
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    They believe that actually being bitten exacerbates the infection already inside them = bites make you die quicker/turn into zombie quicker. :) (I'm a dork and read the comic book). Remember when the dude from the first season (the one they left behind because he was bitten at the campsite) and how he was going through "the fever" before turning (which we actually didn't see)? They think if they chop of the leg, they are stopping the trigger of the infection from mixing in the blood stream. Unless you die, you need the trigger (bite) to make you die/turn you without naturally dying first.

Okay, so I feel like my nerdiness has just increased exponentially.

My thoughts on the episode?
    ... Hersheeeeeeelllllll!?!?!? Noooo! Why!?!?!?!?!?
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options

Question: How come all the guys have long hair, beards, unkept look, yet the women all look great?

This.. but not really about Lori or Carol.. because their hair is longer.. but Maggie's hair is still in a nice bob...WTF!!?!?

Wanted to see more of Andrea and Michonne

Hoping Lori dies along with that ticking time bomb baby... too much of a risk.

Daryl is still the bad *kitten*.. my hero!

Love how much zombie killing was in this episode and how strong and together the group is, including Carl (that was a hard pill to swallow).

And whats with not eating dog food? I'd eat the hell out of that if there was nothing else....nom nom
  • RichNice
    RichNice Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    According to the source material (the comic book), yes they are all already infected...so no matter how they die if the brain is intact they will reanimate. Also, the bites (and scratches?) kill as well so Rick was pretty much spitballed that if he could get ride of the bite maybe he could save lovable ole Hershel.