Walking Dead Season 3..Episode 1.......

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I think I am the only person who doesn't hate Lori...

I feel that way too! Why all the Lori hate? I felt sorry for her for the way Shane lied to her and manipulated her. And it seems that the Lori-haters all love Shane, even though he was a total *kitten*! I'm with ya! She is not my favorite, but I have sympathy for her.

He did not lie to her or manipulate her... she spread her legs willing less than a month after her husband was "dead".

He said Rick was dead when he was only in a coma. That's a lie. Shane used that lie to manipulate her into sleeping with him.

Takes 2 to tango... he didnt put a gun to her head and rape her. She strung him along the whole time up to when Rick offed him. For that I cannot respect her.
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    where did they get the silencers? very cool!

Most likely from scavenging through the winter, I suspect. Same with Dale's medical supplies/hatchet used to amputate his leg.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I was like "HERSHEL NOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

and how in the hell will they keep quiet with a screaming newborn?

Best scene=riot helmet taking off the zombies face.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Also, I wonder if Merle will really be back or only a vision like last time? This could get interesting...he'll be a perfect henchman for the General if he is still alive!
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    Merle has GOT to be one of The Governor's henchman.. it just makes perfect sense... LOL
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Michone is actually a lawyer before the zombies.
    I'm all about Michonne - she is so badass! I'm dressing as Michonne in a zombie run in 2 weeks (no slow pet zombies on chains though). I can't wait to see how they develop her character this season.

How absolutely screwed is Lori if Hershel dies? Having a baby in the zombie apocalypse is horrible enough, but with no doctor either? I'd be rocking in a dark corner moaning. Yeah, I don't think I'm mentally equipped for zombie survival.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm all about Michonne - she is so badass! I'm dressing as Michonne in a zombie run in 2 weeks (no slow pet zombies on chains though). I can't wait to see how they develop her character this season.

How absolutely screwed is Lori if Hershel dies? Having a baby in the zombie apocalypse is horrible enough, but with no doctor either? I'd be rocking in a dark corner moaning. Yeah, I don't think I'm mentally equipped for zombie survival.

Another reason they should have left Hershel at the fence with the others! Ugh! Rick can be so stupid sometimes. :ohwell:
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options

I feel that way too! Why all the Lori hate? I felt sorry for her for the way Shane lied to her and manipulated her. And it seems that the Lori-haters all love Shane, even though he was a total *kitten*! I'm with ya! She is not my favorite, but I have sympathy for her.

He did not lie to her or manipulate her... she spread her legs willing less than a month after her husband was "dead".

He said Rick was dead when he was only in a coma. That's a lie. Shane used that lie to manipulate her into sleeping with him.

Takes 2 to tango... he didnt put a gun to her head and rape her. She strung him along the whole time up to when Rick offed him. For that I cannot respect her.

I totally agree but I don't think that anyone is completely to "blame." Food for thought--I think the situation was actually done really well for TV because this is what it would really be like for someone like Lori. She's got 2 good options of men to keep her and her son safe. In the zombie apocalpse do you really think it's a good idea to burn the bridge with Shane when Rick could die and then you'd be alone or vice versa? I'm not saying I agree or that this was her only motivation, she's got a past with Shane too as I think they all knew eachother from at least high school, I could be wrong, but this isn't supposed to be in our world.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

But she wouldn't have slept with him if she thought Rick was still alive. I just can't stand Shane. I was so glad when he died. :laugh:

And I don't *love* Lori, but I like her better than Andrea and Carol. Carol is getting a little better, but she is just a wimp! :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I totally agree but I don't think that anyone is completely to "blame." Food for thought--I think the situation was actually done really well for TV because this is what it would really be like for someone like Lori. She's got 2 good options of men to keep her and her son safe. In the zombie apocalpse do you really think it's a good idea to burn the bridge with Shane when Rick could die and then you'd be alone or vice versa? I'm not saying I agree or that this was her only motivation, she's got a past with Shane too as I think they all knew eachother from at least high school, I could be wrong, but this isn't supposed to be in our world.

I pretty much agree with that.
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I wonder if things were really like this back in the early days of humankind. Not the Zombies I mean, but how the group dynamics have developed. They are all about survival now. Would a group of humans really interact like this trying to survive? Is this how survival really "worked" back then?
  • randomtai
    Options

But she wouldn't have slept with him if she thought Rick was still alive. I just can't stand Shane. I was so glad when he died. :laugh:

And I don't *love* Lori, but I like her better than Andrea and Carol. Carol is getting a little better, but she is just a wimp! :laugh:

She might have if he told her he was in a coma... You don't sleep with your dead husbands best friend that quickly without already having feelings.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

His bad for assuming that a man in a COMA couldn't survive the zombie apocalypse!! Rick was a sitting duck! Like I said, he had no way to know that barricading the room would actually save Rick's life!
  • randomtai
    Options
    His bad for assuming that a man in a COMA couldn't survive the zombie apocalypse!! Rick was a sitting duck! Like I said, he had no way to know that barricading the room would actually save Rick's life!

He put his head by his chest and heard nothing... He thought he was dead.
  • rshaw316
    Options
    agreed thought i might be the only person who thought like that
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options

She might have if he told her he was in a coma... You don't sleep with your dead husbands best friend that quickly without already having feelings.

or being an absolute slut =P
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    Sidenote: I think The Walking Dead's popularity and overall awesomeness is relevant to the fact that it is the only show on television with its own talk show. ;) (The Talking Dead)
  • randomtai
    Options

or being an absolute slut =P

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Interesting twists vs. the book - I'm excited to see Michonne!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

He put his head by his chest and heard nothing... He thought he was dead.

You're right... and he told Lori that he had listened for his heartbeat, but he wasn't sure because he is not a doctor.

And because he wasn't sure, he barricaded the door.

They both figured that even if he wasn't dead, he would eventually be, and that certainly never expected that he would manage to track them down. I mean, in reality, if Rick did manage to survive, he would likely have never reunited with his family.

Some people are sooooo judgmental.