Walking Dead Season 3..Episode 1.......

Options

Replies

• GermanicKnight
    Options
    Between freezing in the winter and cooking in the summer... At some point won't all the walkers decompose enough to no longer be a threat?

THats what my gf was saying.

Isnt there a point where the brain becomes too decomposed for the virus to work with?

They state the average life expectancy of a zombie (walking dead) that avoids blunt force trauma can be a few months to 4 years. Needless to say the climate will affect the zombies and speed up the decaying process. Even if a zombie stays (say in the prison cell) they will not last over 4 years. Their rate of decay is slowed by the 'infection' but they are not as durable as one might think.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Between freezing in the winter and cooking in the summer... At some point won't all the walkers decompose enough to no longer be a threat?

THats what my gf was saying.

Isnt there a point where the brain becomes too decomposed for the virus to work with?

They state the average life expectancy of a zombie (walking dead) that avoids blunt force trauma can be a few months to 4 years. Needless to say the climate will affect the zombies and speed up the decaying process. Even if a zombie stays (say in the prison cell) they will not last over 4 years. Their rate of decay is slowed by the 'infection' but they are not as durable as one might think.

I rest my case!
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Was so STOKED to watch it! I really enjoyed it! Can't believe they did such a time lapse though. Carl's character development is something else to me! He's growing up so fast and the fact that Rick is giving him way more space. Weirded out about the potential zombie baby, but I don't think that's going to happen. You can totally tell Rick and Lori have become estranged. I'm beginning to not like Lori anymore. Really sad at the end. I mean, by cutting off Hershel's leg he has the potential to carry on a normal life but if the infection got into his upper body before Rick hacked off his leg, poor Hershel's a goner. I was so disappointed when the show ended last night! CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT SUNDAY!!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

What is the purpose of the black lady with the zombie dogs on the chain lol?

"The Boy toys?" I think she carries the around so that the smell of them and movement of them, help the other zombies think that she as well is a zombie. Plus i believe from the comic book, they are her boyfriend and some other guy she use to know.

The walkers mask the scent of the living. Their jaws have been removed to prevent biting. Their arms have been removed to prevent clawing. One of them used to be Michonne's lover (fiance/bf or husband... I can't remember) and the other used to be her brother.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

What is the purpose of the black lady with the zombie dogs on the chain lol?

"The Boy toys?" I think she carries the around so that the smell of them and movement of them, help the other zombies think that she as well is a zombie. Plus i believe from the comic book, they are her boyfriend and some other guy she use to know.

The walkers mask the scent of the living. Their jaws have been removed to prevent biting. Their arms have been removed to prevent clawing. One of them used to be Michonne's lover (fiance/bf or husband... I can't remember) and the other used to be her brother.

I told my daughter that I thought they were relatives.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I think I am the only person who doesn't hate Lori...
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Lori needs to be killed off.

Why does Daryl still ride a Harley. Don't you think he should find something a little less loud to ride? That thing would be attracting all the walkers...
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options

Why does Daryl still ride a Harley. Don't you think he should find something a little less loud to ride? That thing would be attracting all the walkers...

Good point about the bike. If I remember correctly A gunshot will attract every walker within a two mile radius.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

That's why the herd keeps following them lol :laugh:
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My favorite show EVER!! Loved it! Someone on FB had the balls to say SOA was a better show...pfft
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Was so STOKED to watch it! I really enjoyed it! Can't believe they did such a time lapse though. Carl's character development is something else to me! He's growing up so fast and the fact that Rick is giving him way more space. Weirded out about the potential zombie baby, but I don't think that's going to happen. You can totally tell Rick and Lori have become estranged. I'm beginning to not like Lori anymore. Really sad at the end. I mean, by cutting off Hershel's leg he has the potential to carry on a normal life but if the infection got into his upper body before Rick hacked off his leg, poor Hershel's a goner. I was so disappointed when the show ended last night! CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT SUNDAY!!

That just means that they're getting ready to Kill off Lori.

They make the viewers not like her anymore, then kill her off. Its about time for her to go, actually.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    I love it!!!!! It is going to be a great season
  • meggolego
    Options
    I have a question...

If they are all infected already, why would the bite matter anymore? If they die without zombie intervention...they become zombies! I don't get that part, unless I missed something?

I think it was more so to save him from infection/loss of blood that would kill him, which in turn would turn him. It's easier to heal an amputated leg than a leg that has a huge chunk of muscle, tendons and skin bitten out of it. If he dies still, he would turn regardless.
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hershel! :(
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    I have a question...

If they are all infected already, why would the bite matter anymore? If they die without zombie intervention...they become zombies! I don't get that part, unless I missed something?

I think it was more so to save him from infection/loss of blood that would kill him, which in turn would turn him. It's easier to heal an amputated leg than a leg that has a huge chunk of muscle, tendons and skin bitten out of it. If he dies still, he would turn regardless.

Not to mention it looked like Hershel's achilles tendon seemed to be stuck in the teeth of that walker. I dont think he would ever walk on that leg again.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I feel that way too! Why all the Lori hate? I felt sorry for her for the way Shane lied to her and manipulated her. And it seems that the Lori-haters all love Shane, even though he was a total *kitten*! I'm with ya! She is not my favorite, but I have sympathy for her.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

My thoughts on the episode?
    ... Hersheeeeeeelllllll!?!?!? Noooo! Why!?!?!?!?!?

I was wondering why they didn't leave Hershel at the fence with the others.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I feel that way too! Why all the Lori hate? I felt sorry for her for the way Shane lied to her and manipulated her. And it seems that the Lori-haters all love Shane, even though he was a total *kitten*! I'm with ya! She is not my favorite, but I have sympathy for her.

He did not lie to her or manipulate her... she spread her legs willing less than a month after her husband was "dead".
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

That just means that they're getting ready to Kill off Lori.

They make the viewers not like her anymore, then kill her off. Its about time for her to go, actually.

I have to agree. That whole bit about Rick hates her now. But we all know he is too honorable to abandon her. I don't even think he would if she wasn't pregnant. The only way to sever that relationship without damaging the credibility of Rick's character is to kill her off.

Maybe she will die in child birth and they will give the baby to Carol to raise. Remember, Carl asked if they could name the baby after Sophie if its a girl.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have a question...

That's what I was wondering. It was a bite on the leg... it's not like he had his throat or guts ripped out like others.

Unless any zombie bite can cause death.

My understanding is that it can still turn him into a zombie. Remember in the first season when Jim was bit on the arm by a zombie? He started to change into a zombie and told the group to leave him on the road.