C25k, Sit-Ups, Push-Ups, oh my!

Options
12346»

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I just did Week 3 Day 2 of C25K tonight. I was planning to start the push up challenge tomorrow. I really want to do the squat one but feel like I have to wait until my 5 k race is over in May. I don't want my legs to cramp up while running. I wanted to see how the push ups go before I add the sit-ups.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    W1D1 Complete! ... 1.5 miles in 30 mins. I'll get there! ... I didn't quite feel like I was going to die.

The trick is to only run as fast as you can breathe normally. That really hit home for me on Day 1 of Week 3 when I had to run 3 minutes at a time. I ran too fast and just about killed myself. This time I slowed down the pace and concentrated on the breathing and I didn't feel nearly as bad when I was done.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    W1D1 Complete! ... 1.5 miles in 30 mins. I'll get there! ... I didn't quite feel like I was going to die.

The trick is to only run as fast as you can breathe normally. That really hit home for me on Day 1 of Week 3 when I had to run 3 minutes at a time. I ran too fast and just about killed myself. This time I slowed down the pace and concentrated on the breathing and I didn't feel nearly as bad when I was done.

I didn't actually do too bad with the breathing part of it. Softball taught me the beauty of breathing through my nose and out my mouth. It makes a big difference for the long haul...just have to remind myself to do it the more tired I get.

Thank you for the advice though!
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Still feeling sore from last weeks over exertion, so im holding off the running for a little longer but will be cycling for the rest of this week to keep the cardio going :0) will get back to C25K WK5 D2 next wednesday. Hopefully ill be getting a pari of newtons soon as well so that should help my running along as well...
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    W1D2 is under my belt and I feel great about it! ... I did a mile and a half ... Though I am not sure if that is a good distance or not. lol ... It's more than I've been able to run/walk in a long time! haha
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    W1D2 is under my belt and I feel great about it! ... I did a mile and a half ... Though I am not sure if that is a good distance or not. lol ... It's more than I've been able to run/walk in a long time! haha

Great job! :0) i think thats roughly the distance i was covering as well? Its a really good program, i didnt realize i was making any progress until i repeated week 3 after doing week 4 day 1 and taking a couple of weeks off. It was so much easier! Keep up the good work :0)