Raspberry Ketones

Options

Replies

• melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well I lost another 2 lbs. since yesterday. I'm still not dieting or exercising, so it shouldn't be water weight.

not sure why you don't think it can be water weight but let us know in a week.

Well I would say that it is not likely water weight because water weight loss usually occurs when a person lowers their carbohydrate intake, which I have not done. Also, this can occur when you increase your activity levels, again which I have not done, Aside from not changing my diet (i.e. lowering carbs), I actually live off of carbs, they are my real addiction!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Dr. Oz gets paid to endorse products, so I wouldn't trust any diet information from him concerning what products to use.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    This reminds of the time back in the 80's when my dad was using some shampoo he ordered from an infomercial and was convinced it was reversing his baldness.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    When I first started this lifestyle change on February 24, 2012, my mom wanted to start too. She asked how was I going to do it. I told her about eating well, logging food, exercising and being accountable. She said it sounded like too much work. She saw some new thing on the Dr. Oz show Raspberry Ketones, and was ordering it. Dr. Oz said it was great and would definitely work.

Skip ahead 4.5 months. Mom has not lost any weight, although she took the Raspberry Ketones and followed the directions for 3 months. She then moved onto another Dr. Oz recommendation, still not losing. I, on the other hand, after logging everything I eat, exercise and being totally accountable, in the same time, had lost 55.2 pounds.

Skip ahead another 3.5 months and mom still has lost nothing. I have lost 80 pounds.

I'll have more of what I'm doing please. Dr. Oz's only redeeming factor (To me), is that he reminds me of Charlie Sheen.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hey, have you heard of the latest thing he recommended? Pea Protein Powder :P
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I love Dr. Oz, but he did not do his research on this one! They do not work; don't waste your money, and don't risk taking them as they could potentially be harmful to your health. Please read the following:

http://www.wordsonwellness.com/2012/06/with-all-due-respect-to-dr-oz-raspberry.html

I have been taking Green Coffee Bean Extract (also recommended by Dr. Oz), and I researched it first. I have lost 6 pounds in a month with it, but whether or not my weight loss is attributed to the Green Coffee Bean Extract or my diet and exercise efforts, I do not know. But there are no harmful side effects. Here is the website I ordered mine from:

http://www.nutrabio.com/Products/green-coffee-bean-extract.htm#.UI15wYa5x7A

I hope this information helps you make the right decision!!
  • staceyo1211
    Options
    Well I lost another 2 lbs. since yesterday. I'm still not dieting or exercising, so it shouldn't be water weight.

Well I would say that it is not likely water weight because water weight loss usually occurs when a person lowers their carbohydrate intake, which I have not done. Also, this can occur when you increase your activity levels, again which I have not done, Aside from not changing my diet (i.e. lowering carbs), I actually live off of carbs, they are my real addiction!

water weight comes mostly from too much salt.
  • Dargealing
    Dargealing Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have been taking the PURE raspberry ketones along with the green coffee bean extract, and I have lost weight. I too hae pigged out and gone back to the 1200 calories etc, and along with hard work and the other supplements etc, I have to contribute it to these two products. I drink a bucket loasd of water, but was on a plateau and finally got more weightloss in the past 2 weeks, so I have to contribute it to the rasbperry and the coffee bean extract. But everyone is different and may not attain same goals. Everyone needs to do what is best for them and do what works. these are my 2 cents worth,.. oh, I mean 25 cents worth due to inflation..
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Water weight also changes due to your monthly cycle and general hydration levels.
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Raspberry Ketones? I ordered a bottle from GNC and Dr Oz says it is awesome to lose weight. Would like to know if has really worked for anything.
    I read with diet and exercise....Well anything happens with diet and exercise...

I would not re-order any more of this supplement. See if they will take a return or exchange and consider getting whey protein or vitamins or something else marginally useful.

I would also disregard Dr. Oz's dietary information for the most part. He typically gives more bad information than good, despite how entertaining and smart-sounding he may be. (He also pushes several useless supplements).

I'm only posting this to help, not to judge your decisions, just to be clear on that.

I would rather take my advice for someone who has degree's and certifications rather then someone who doesn't? Correct me if I"m wrong but I am assuming that you don't have any? This is a place of opinions advice and there is a nice way to express your opinions but in my opinion yours was really rude!

In other words I haven't myself taken them but I too have heard they are realy great for you! I read a lot of great user reviews about them.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    You should have definitely done a forum search first before you purchased. There about 1002 threads with this question asked already and you could have saved some $$$. I hope they return them for you. There is no magic trick. Good luck!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Raspberry Ketones? I ordered a bottle from GNC and Dr Oz says it is awesome to lose weight. Would like to know if has really worked for anything.
    I read with diet and exercise....Well anything happens with diet and exercise...

I would not re-order any more of this supplement. See if they will take a return or exchange and consider getting whey protein or vitamins or something else marginally useful.

I would also disregard Dr. Oz's dietary information for the most part. He typically gives more bad information than good, despite how entertaining and smart-sounding he may be. (He also pushes several useless supplements).

I'm only posting this to help, not to judge your decisions, just to be clear on that.

I would rather take my advice for someone who has degree's and certifications rather then someone who doesn't? Correct me if I"m wrong but I am assuming that you don't have any? This is a place of opinions advice and there is a nice way to express your opinions but in my opinion yours was really rude!

In other words I haven't myself taken them but I too have heard they are realy great for you! I read a lot of great user reviews about them.

There are no human clinical trials, which are performed by people who have degrees and certifications, that indicate these things work.
  • readthat
    readthat Posts: 136
    Options
    I think I read somewhere that you gain the weight back when you stop taking them. Who wants to take some pill forever? Especially one that hasn't been out long enough to know what it will do to you long term.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

Someone telling you what you don't want to hear ≠ rude.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    It's a miracle.

lies. all lies.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I started Raspberry Ketone yesterday and there is a noticeable energy increase with the supplement. I take them on an empty stomach and the energy boost is almost instant. Haven’t had time to notice any weight loss, but the boost in energy is worth the $14 dollars I paid. Reason I started was because I have suffered from a weight lose plateau one that no matter how few calories I eat I can’t lose weight so why not try something new.

Two words: placebo effect.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

I would rather take my advice for someone who has degree's and certifications rather then someone who doesn't? Correct me if I"m wrong but I am assuming that you don't have any?

Do you know what certifications or degrees I have?

This is a place of opinions advice and there is a nice way to express your opinions but in my opinion yours was really rude!

Please re-read what I wrote, word for word. Then, please let me know what part was rude. Was it rude that I attempted to answer the OP's questions? Was it rude that OP wanted to potentially waste money on yet another useless supplement and I attempted to prevent that? Was it rude that I suggested that OP reconsider what resources she considers legitimate when it comes to making personal decisions about diet and supplements?

If you think the "nice" thing to do is just agree with everyone and let them spin their wheels, then you and I have a different definition of nice.

I help many people progress through their fitness goals and believe it or not, I make an effort to not insult or attack people while doing so.

I don't think I said anything personal or rude to the original poster, even though it might not have been what she wanted to hear.

Let me make an attempt to help you: Save your money.

If you are a rat on a hypercaloric high fat diet then raspberry keytones may reduce the amount of fat you gain while eating that diet.

Considering you are human and likely not on a high fat calorie surplus, I would save your money.

Dr. Oz is paid by supplement companies to endorse their product. I maintain my original suggestion to watch him for entertainment only, as least as far as his dietary advice.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    nvmd
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

sidesteal posted something clear and concise, not rude at all. just because he doesn't agree, doesn't mean it's rude.

and look at his profile and see the results he's had over the last three years from hard work and determinations, not from some fad that a doctor is being paid to endorse.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Hey, have you heard of the latest thing he recommended? Pea Protein Powder :P

There is nothing wrong with pea protein powder, it is a good, vegan protein supplement. When combined with rice protein it has a very good amino acid profile and is highly bio-available. Don't make fun of my pea protein. :P (Note, I did not say it provides magic weight loss, just that it can be good for supplementing protein.)