Raspberry Ketones

Options

Replies

• Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Well I lost another 2 lbs. since yesterday. I'm still not dieting or exercising, so it shouldn't be water weight.

not sure why you don't think it can be water weight but let us know in a week.

Well I would say that it is not likely water weight because water weight loss usually occurs when a person lowers their carbohydrate intake, which I have not done. Also, this can occur when you increase your activity levels, again which I have not done, Aside from not changing my diet (i.e. lowering carbs), I actually live off of carbs, they are my real addiction!

So what good is losing weight if you are not modifying your behavior? :noway: No exercise=extra sking and loss of muscle(in my experience when trying these miracle pills) Eating a poor diet= regaining the weight lost.So I am confused as to why you wouldn't exercise and atleast eat nutritious food? Is that what is suggested with the Raspberry Ketone?so confused on all this miracle pills talk lol
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I would rather take my advice for someone who has degree's and certifications rather then someone who doesn't? Correct me if I"m wrong but I am assuming that you don't have any? This is a place of opinions advice and there is a nice way to express your opinions but in my opinion yours was really rude!

In other words I haven't myself taken them but I too have heard they are realy great for you! I read a lot of great user reviews about them.

I was not aware that one could recieve a degree or certification in common sense.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I would rather take my advice for someone who has degree's and certifications rather then someone who doesn't? Correct me if I"m wrong but I am assuming that you don't have any? This is a place of opinions advice and there is a nice way to express your opinions but in my opinion yours was really rude!

In other words I haven't myself taken them but I too have heard they are realy great for you! I read a lot of great user reviews about them.

I was not aware that one could recieve a degree or certification in common sense.

:heart:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

If such a degree did exist, then you, Sidesteel and I would all have one by now, dear...
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This reminds of the time back in the 80's when my dad was using some shampoo he ordered from an infomercial and was convinced it was reversing his baldness.

Too funny...my dad used it too!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    When will people realise there is no magic pill, supplement, potion, cream, liquid etc to make you lose weight. Read the success stories on here, people worked hard for their results. The only *magic* way to lose weight is to put effort in, end of.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    If you are a rat on a hypercaloric high fat diet then raspberry keytones may reduce the amount of fat you gain while eating that diet.

Considering you are human and likely not on a high fat calorie surplus, I would save your money.

Dr. Oz is paid by supplement companies to endorse their product. I maintain my original suggestion to watch him for entertainment only, as least as far as his dietary advice.

This. The study that "supports" weight loss associated with raspberry ketones is silly. Also, how many of those "testimonials" have included diet/exercise with taking these supplements?
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day!

I seriously think there are only 3 topics posted about on MFP. Too bad Bill Murray isn't the posting though, they would probably be a lot funnier.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    When I first started this lifestyle change on February 24, 2012, my mom wanted to start too. She asked how was I going to do it. I told her about eating well, logging food, exercising and being accountable. She said it sounded like too much work. She saw some new thing on the Dr. Oz show Raspberry Ketones, and was ordering it. Dr. Oz said it was great and would definitely work.

Skip ahead 4.5 months. Mom has not lost any weight, although she took the Raspberry Ketones and followed the directions for 3 months. She then moved onto another Dr. Oz recommendation, still not losing. I, on the other hand, after logging everything I eat, exercise and being totally accountable, in the same time, had lost 55.2 pounds.

Skip ahead another 3.5 months and mom still has lost nothing. I have lost 80 pounds.

I'll have more of what I'm doing please. Dr. Oz's only redeeming factor (To me), is that he reminds me of Charlie Sheen.

This is full of win!:bigsmile:
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    This is a place of opinions advice and there is a nice way to express your opinions but in my opinion yours was really rude!

Please re-read what I wrote, word for word. Then, please let me know what part was rude. Was it rude that I attempted to answer the OP's questions? Was it rude that OP wanted to potentially waste money on yet another useless supplement and I attempted to prevent that? Was it rude that I suggested that OP reconsider what resources she considers legitimate when it comes to making personal decisions about diet and supplements?

If you think the "nice" thing to do is just agree with everyone and let them spin their wheels, then you and I have a different definition of nice.

I help many people progress through their fitness goals and believe it or not, I make an effort to not insult or attack people while doing so.

I don't think I said anything personal or rude to the original poster, even though it might not have been what she wanted to hear.

Don't confuse people with the facts, Sidesteel! :angry:
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    perhaps the "20 bite diet" might be more for you :laugh:
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    it works with a healthy diet and exercise because a healthy diet and exercise are what make you lose weight. save your money.
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I hope they work for you however if there was a miracle pill then obesity would not be one of the number one killers in the US today. Instead of health insurance providing programs to help over - weight clients that cost more in health issues and missed work they would simply prescribe a pill and all would be good. When I first started here I wanted a diet pill for the energy because I was always so tired and rundown but I have found that as I started eating better and exercising I was getting a great energy high naturally.

I've tried soooo many things in my life and have found two that work, WW worked very well for me but I never liked the price and now MFP. The hard work is mine but the support and things I learn from others successes and failures have been invaluable.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My grandma bought them for me because of Dr. Oz, I love raspberries, but it left the taste of raspberry in my mouth the rest of the day. I even burped up raspberry favor... She asked recently if I was still taking them and I said yes when I really haven't.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have been taking them for 6 months now. More than the weight loss which I am sure is due mostly in part to diet and exercise, I can see a definite difference in the adipose tissue (fat) under my skin. They may not work for everyone but as a registered nurse I have read the studies and tried it myself and I can tell you that it does work for me.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    . They may not work for everyone but as a registered nurse I have read the studies and tried it myself and I can tell you that it does work for me.

Would you mind sharing the studies that, you as a registered nurse, agree with? Thank you!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I have been taking them for 6 months now. More than the weight loss which I am sure is due mostly in part to diet and exercise, I can see a definite difference in the adipose tissue (fat) under my skin. They may not work for everyone but as a registered nurse I have read the studies and tried it myself and I can tell you that it does work for me.

Did you read any on human trials? I've only seen them with rats, which not only have a different metabolism than humans, but had to be fed way higher doses than humans consume to experience any weight loss. Very curious as to what you've read. In my clinical nutrition class, we were told they were useless, but maybe the research has changed since a few months ago.
  • KellyLynn91
    KellyLynn91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found any scientific articles saying that they don't work?

I want to write about raspberry ketones for a school essay. I know that the articles saying they have an effect on weight loss can be unreliable, but I really need some that conclude that they don't work, or that are inconclusive.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found any scientific articles saying that they don't work?

I want to write about raspberry ketones for a school essay. I know that the articles saying they have an effect on weight loss can be unreliable, but I really need some that conclude that they don't work, or that are inconclusive.

Please note the reply above you. I don't think anything on humans has been published, but I'd love to be shown any (conclusive or not) on humans if it exists.