Mikes Daily Rant Topic: Big Bones

Options

Replies

• Faericn_Rising
    Options
    OMG... I agree. More people like you in the world would be great. I dont know what my frame looks like. but i cant wait to see. Ill let you know. HA!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRj6yBcsp_WHtEAWhm0XIEW9WM47gLNvKYVJ3tEkZVFZKvvBumYA
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My grandmother pisses me off when she talks about me being "big boned". One day after church (and Lord forgive me) I said "Grandma stop saying that! I don't have big bones, just a big body!".....thankfully I think her hearing is worse than ever and she refuses to get a hearing aid.....just kept right on talking!
  • anial
    anial Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A doctor once told me I had a heavy frame - I asked him how on earth he could possibly know that seeing as my "heavy" frame was being suffocated under all that fat!!
    LOL...:laugh: this Sunday ours family was on aeroshow... here was a lot of companies represent their products, what about me, I was stoped by lady from Humana , who offered me free BMI and Body Composition test. I agree... When mashine print the results, she smile and say " Huh... You have a Big Bone..." I walk back to my husband who hear her and then can't stop laught....:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • brandyss
    brandyss Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...ya hear that excuse a lot!!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    OMG... I agree. More people like you in the world would be great. I dont know what my frame looks like. but i cant wait to see. Ill let you know. HA!

Great! Just post a pic and let me see when you do. :-)
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRj6yBcsp_WHtEAWhm0XIEW9WM47gLNvKYVJ3tEkZVFZKvvBumYA

^^^^This^^^^ I just died twice laughing at this!!!
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My rant....people who make excuses for being rude. Yes denial is a reality but so are people who are rude for no reason. There is more than one way to say something and you chose to be rude and on top of that you think its funny. I say being nice and honest is better. Over weight people experience enough rudeness from the world. I am sure she might have laughed in your presence....(denial) but I would bet your comments adding about another 500 calories to her caloric intake for the day (emotional eating).

Amen! Not to mention bone structure is different for alot of people. I'm 5'11'' with broader shoulders and a 36" inseam so you can't tell me that my bones are the same as my 5'1'' super peitite mother in law. With that said yes, being overweight people will always find an excuse, but who asked you to point anything out to them?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    With that said yes, being overweight people will always find an excuse, but who asked you to point anything out to them?

The woman did by running after him and pestering him to talk. You can't handle the truth then don't ask.
  • MyNaturalHue
    Options
    This rant is funny to me. I personally know Mike so this is not a surprise to me. Being honest is synonymous with being "real". Some people can handle the truth straight with no chaser and others cant. Being obese IS a very serious matter, I spent a portion of my life being 50 pounds obese as a child and I had ALOT of people around me sugar coating my obesity. It took someone being harsh but real for me to wake up and lose that weight.

The big bones thing to me is used more as an excuse, EVEN if it is a fact you have people that use that as an excuse to eat as much as they want and then blame their weight and health issues on heredity, thats not fair.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    My rant....people who make excuses for being rude. Yes denial is a reality but so are people who are rude for no reason. There is more than one way to say something and you chose to be rude and on top of that you think its funny. I say being nice and honest is better. Over weight people experience enough rudeness from the world. I am sure she might have laughed in your presence....(denial) but I would bet your comments adding about another 500 calories to her caloric intake for the day (emotional eating).

Amen! Not to mention bone structure is different for alot of people. I'm 5'11'' with broader shoulders and a 36" inseam so you can't tell me that my bones are the same as my 5'1'' super peitite mother in law. With that said yes, being overweight people will always find an excuse, but who asked you to point anything out to them?

Actually she asked me smart one. Read the whole post before you come to the rescue again.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    With that said yes, being overweight people will always find an excuse, but who asked you to point anything out to them?

The woman did by running after him and pestering him to talk. You can't handle the truth then don't ask.

LOL Amen! She didnt read all of the post obviously.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    This rant is funny to me. I personally know Mike so this is not a surprise to me. Being honest is synonymous with being "real". Some people can handle the truth straight with no chaser and others cant. Being obese IS a very serious matter, I spent a portion of my life being 50 pounds obese as a child and I had ALOT of people around me sugar coating my obesity. It took someone being harsh but real for me to wake up and lose that weight.

The big bones thing to me is used more as an excuse, EVEN if it is a fact you have people that use that as an excuse to eat as much as they want and then blame their weight and health issues on heredity, thats not fair.

Well said dear!!
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options

Actually she asked me smart one. Read the whole post before you come to the rescue again.

She asked you "what". Yeah she was definitely asking for it. Whatever. You were a jerk and that's plain and simple. You also obviously have NO CLUE what you are talking about in terms of bone mass anyway, so all you are is a non informative jerk. Congrats!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

She asked you "what". Yeah she was definitely asking for it. Whatever. You were a jerk and that's plain and simple. You also obviously have NO CLUE what you are talking about in terms of bone mass anyway, so all you are is a non informative jerk. Congrats!

LOL I take it you are mad because your bones are big too. I walked away and she followed me to ask. So if I am a jerk for that, I gladly accept.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Wow. Glad you didn't get smacked in the face! Ouch! Seriously though, I know what you mean about the whole big bone thing buuuuttt. There is a range. For my height I can be something like 140 lbs or 104 lbs and still be considered a healthy BMI. Im just pointing out that there is a pretty wide range of healthy. Im in the middle, pretty happy with it and cant imagine nor would I want to weigh 104. but i would feel overweight if I was at 140.

Thos are interesting numbers but Im waiting for your point. Topic is Big Bones.

You are cracking me up this morning! LOL.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

I know this much about bones if hers are bigger we cant tell because she has lots of meat around them.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    897753a3-14ee-4cb3-91f2-176deaa000f1.gif
    Jerk :P
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Wow. Glad you didn't get smacked in the face! Ouch! Seriously though, I know what you mean about the whole big bone thing buuuuttt. There is a range. For my height I can be something like 140 lbs or 104 lbs and still be considered a healthy BMI. Im just pointing out that there is a pretty wide range of healthy. Im in the middle, pretty happy with it and cant imagine nor would I want to weigh 104. but i would feel overweight if I was at 140.

Thos are interesting numbers but Im waiting for your point. Topic is Big Bones.

What did I do? :smile:
    You are cracking me up this morning! LOL.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    897753a3-14ee-4cb3-91f2-176deaa000f1.gif
    Jerk :P

LOL.