Whats your current NSV (non scale victory)

Options

Replies

• Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Another inch off my waist today!!!!
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    This is super silly. Yesterday I got on a real outside bike and rode it for the first time after 19 years of being deathly afraid of trying again. Nineteen years ago I was hit by a truck on a bike and was afraid to ride again. I overcame my fear and did it. This is a huge victory for me.

^AMAZING^ and totally inspirational. <3<3<3 So happy for you.
  • hopsonc24
    hopsonc24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    a year ago i weighed 350lbs and couldn't fit into my size 28 jeans, saturday I went to Old Navy and bought a size 10 skinny jeans!! felt really good!
    Holy crap that is incredible!!!! You are a rockstar!!!
  • plipsurt21
    plipsurt21 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Getting into a shirt I've had for over a year and not been able to wear. What an achievement!
  • jstandfield
    jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing size 36 jeans again after 16 years!
  • bigblu89
    bigblu89 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Already Acheived:

-Get rid of all my 3XL and Size 40 pants. Now I wear XL shirts and 34" waist pants.
    -When my kids look at old pics of me, they say "That's back when Daddy was Chubby".
    -Got my mom thinking I'm sick because of all the weight I've lost.

Still on the horizon:

-Run a 5K in less than 30 minutes.
    -Compete and complete the NY Spartan Race in June.
    -Fit into a 32x32 size pair of jeans.
    -Not gain any weight during the holidays.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Today I ran for 12 minutes straight without stopping! Silly but great, for me!

Nice NSV. I wished I could get up to this. I will sooner or later (probably later); but, I get so out of breath whenever I try.
  • hopsonc24
    Options
    I bought a skirt that was a bit to tight in Aug bc it was on sale, thinking I would lose weight and be able to wear it. I have done this many times over the past 10 years. Two weeks ago I was able to wear that skirt comfortably!!! I have never actually lost the weight needed to fit into something I bought to small!!! I am so proud of myself.

Not a NSV but a huge victory for me none the less!!!
    I went to the beach for a week with my family. Typically being around my family means eating unhealthy and over eating and vacation means the same thing! NOT this year. This year I managed to lose 3lbs while on vacation!!!! I stuck to my new lifestyle and ate healthy and exercised every day!!
    I have 2 more I almost forgot about...I was able to wear my knee high boots with that skirt, bc they finally can zip over my calves!! woohoo
    I pulled out my skinny jeans that I havent worn in 2 years to wear with those now zippable boots, and not only did they fit, they were loose!!

I
  • hopsonc24
    Options
    My son was able to lay on the couch in front of me this morning instead of on top of me because there was finally enough room for him there

Aaawww....I love this :)
    This one made me tear up!!! What an awesome NSV!!!
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my rest day, I was in a bad mood, and just all around dumpy all day.
    I was dreading today because it was my second day of level 2 on the 30ds, and the first day was no cup of tea. I got my butt out of bed and did my workout, I have only been up and at the day for 3 hours and I am in a GREAT mood it is really astounding how exercise can get you going, who knew all these years of sitting on my fat butt was making it all worse!! This could be a really great day!

p.s. I am wearing a pair of pants that I really shouldn't have worn 3 months ago and they are so baggy today! It's awesome!
  • amcassey
    Options
    Went through 3 black skirts in my closet this morning before I found one that would stay up and not look too ridiculous! Going back to older clothes that are one to two sizes smaller and they're loose.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    It was Sunday, after my upper body workout. I went to get into the shower and noticed in the mirror that I finally got some definition in my chest. Just a little thing, but it made me happy and was a little extra encouragement to realize that what I'm doing is working. Slowly, but working.

Sure, it was primarily due to the pump from the workout, but still - I've never had real definition in my chest. It's mostly gone today, but I have upper body again tomorrow - looking forward to it!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    a year ago i weighed 350lbs and couldn't fit into my size 28 jeans, saturday I went to Old Navy and bought a size 10 skinny jeans!! felt really good!

In one year? Wow... :happy:
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My winter coat that I have not zipped up the past few years actually zipped around my hips.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten at mcdonalds, burger king, wendys, etc. for over 2 years now. And the hardest for me is that i havent had arbys since i started MFP. this is a huge accomplishment for me since i was addicted to their roast beef and apple turnovers. i occasionally have subway or a fresh made pretzel sandwich from the pittsburgh pretzel cafe but thats the only fast food i ever eat now.
  • keyjul
    keyjul Posts: 8
    Options
    I realized this morning that by this time last year, I would've already purchased and consumed at LEAST one bag of Halloween candy (sweets are one of my big weak spots). This year, halfway through the month, I haven't purchased a single one.

This is so funny because we had our Havest Fest at church this weekend and I won a container of candy corn by having the closest guess as to how many were in there. Candy corn is one of my favorite things! Instead of eating them, I shared with everyone else and told them that by this time last year I would have already eaten 1/2 dozen bags or more!!
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This past weekend I tried on a couple pairs of pants I've been saving for when I lost weight and they were too baggy! Now I can fnally wear a few new blouses that I had deliberately bought in a smaller size a year ago to help encourage me to lose weight.

You, my mfp encouragers, inspire me daily to lose weight. Thank you for helping me reach this NSV!
  • giglqueen
    giglqueen Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is super silly. Yesterday I got on a real outside bike and rode it for the first time after 19 years of being deathly afraid of trying again. Nineteen years ago I was hit by a truck on a bike and was afraid to ride again. I overcame my fear and did it. This is a huge victory for me.

That's awesome and NOT silly at all!! Congrats!!
  • jccst9
    jccst9 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Today I'm comfortably wearing jeans I never thought I'd be able to fit into ever again. :)
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to see abs! HOLY MOLY! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!