Whats your current NSV (non scale victory)

Options

Replies

• AiimeeDee
    AiimeeDee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I put on a skirt yesterday, I haven't worn since last year. It was no longer skin tight, but too big. :D Things like this help me realize that all the hard work I am doing is worth it. Even with the scale not moving.
  • olerolls
    olerolls Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 4 pounds since joining MFP and starting to workout seriously 3 1/2 weeks ago, but I know I have lost plenty of inches and my endurance, strength, general feeling of health, flexibility, etc. are all much improved already.

Today I realized that I have gone down two notches on my belt and am now on the smallest (rather than largest) set of hooks on my bra. Pants are baggy. I need to go shopping!

I was letting myself get discouraged by the slow scale progress but realized these NSVs are more important now :)
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    these!!!
    IMAG0970_zpsceb2ac9f.jpg
    IMAG0969_zps1e808f0f.jpg
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    2 years without my BELOVED Tea (with 4 tsp of white sugar in it!). I am back to it now but it's 1 or 2 cups a day with HALF a tsp of Demerara Sugar (similar to brown sugar). :) Helped kick my highest consumption of sugar to the curb! YAY! :bigsmile:

ALSO, I worked up my endurance from walking on treadmill and being out of breath after 10 mins to RUNNING on the treadmill for 15 minutes in only 6 months!! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Ktewson
    Ktewson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just walked five miles, up and down some pretty steep hills, pushing my jogging stroller with my 2 year old in it, and got home peppy and full of energy. In August, I did a TWO mile walk and was almost wrecked!
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This is super silly. Yesterday I got on a real outside bike and rode it for the first time after 19 years of being deathly afraid of trying again. Nineteen years ago I was hit by a truck on a bike and was afraid to ride again. I overcame my fear and did it. This is a huge victory for me.
    [/quote

AWESOME!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    New pair of jeans in size 27 (US4)!!
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My pants are fitting much better!!!
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My Current Non Scale Victory: Got on my bike today for the first time in.... 12 years! I was always scared to try again because I was bullied about being larger and going slow while riding, instead of speeding around. So my insecurities got the best of me (of course, then I was a kid and bullies were the biggest of my then problems) and just never got around to biking again.... I fell off about a dozen times before I got really going, but it was great and I felt like SUPERWOMAN! :bigsmile: I can add this to my weekly workouts (as long as our coastal weather will allow it) and hopefully by next summer, I'll be riding like a pro! :drinker:
  • rowanjessie
    Options
    A 4% difference (lost) in body-fat in the 3 weeks since I started going to the gym regularly and doing 1 hour of exercise a day, 5 days a week. The bigger NSV really is realising how a little change like that can make such a huge difference. What might happen if I push up to 1.5 hrs, 5 times a week and stop worrying about the numbers on the scales and think more about the individual parts of my body being healthy and not having organs nestled in a layer of fat?!
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I was told I looked 'trim' today and like my waist was slimmer.
  • Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've had a good few days of NSVs now:

- Tried abseiling for the first time ever at the weekend. It was AMAZING! And despite it being something I've wanted to try, six months ago I'd have been waaaaay too self-conscious of my huge bum to do it. That's the part where I've lost the least, but I have so much more confidence now that no-one was going to stop me!

- My favourite denim skirt that I haven't been able to wear in *years* is now back in the 'yay, it fits comfortably' pile - not even in the 'I can just about squeeze in' one!

- Bought some new exercise trousers - a size down from my other two. I have no idea when I last bought size 14 (UK) trousers...!

- I'm doing C25K and *loving* the improvement in my fitness - and confidence! On Sunday I raced my girls to the car - and WON! OK, so they had stuff in their hands, but hey! :wink:

(And, if I may, one scale victory - today I reached 2 stone loss! About another half-stone, and I'm probably about where I want to be, along with better fitness and some toning...)
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I got to throw out some of my cloths that no longer fit. Still have not gone down enough to get new cloths but very soon:happy:
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I can now run 3.5 miles without stopping on a daily basis. The biggest victory is not feeling like me legs are made of cement the next morning when i get up.
  • jen48926
    jen48926 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Push ups on my toes!!! I still can't believe I can do them! No scale victories yet, but I'm very excited about the new muscles I'm seeing develop! :-)
  • Ichristini
    Ichristini Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I started my journey to get healthy in mid march. In mid July we went to visit our son. If he noticed anything he didn't comment. Last week I went for another visit. When he picked me up at the airport, I had the door open and my suitcase put in the back seat before he could get out of the truck. When I looked up at him he was just sitting there looking at me... I looked at him and said what? What???? He continues just looking at me and he says " Mom you, you, look so fit " So worth all the hard work!!!

Very Cool!

25851322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Down 4 pant sizes to a size 16! Yes, these are a bit tight not uncomfortable, but so were the size 22!
  • Ichristini
    Ichristini Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    2 years without my BELOVED Tea (with 4 tsp of white sugar in it!). I am back to it now but it's 1 or 2 cups a day with HALF a tsp of Demerara Sugar (similar to brown sugar). :) Helped kick my highest consumption of sugar to the curb! YAY! :bigsmile:

ALSO, I worked up my endurance from walking on treadmill and being out of breath after 10 mins to RUNNING on the treadmill for 15 minutes in only 6 months!! :bigsmile: :drinker:

Have you tried replacing it with flavored tea? I drink Republic of Tea in Blackberry Sage, and Pride and Joy! YUM!

25851322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    after not working out for 12 days.... my size 12 petite jeans (non stretchy) FIT ME!
    AND... I found my mojo and got back out there today!!:tongue:
  • CassandraChloeJ
    CassandraChloeJ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    May seem silly but I rode a mechanical bull this weekend. Normally, I would have been way too self-conscious of my weight to do that. I had a blast!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!