Calories in Lip Gloss/Chap Stick???

Options

Replies

• starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I must note that this thread made me binge on chapstick today. How can I control my emotional chapstick application? I must have gone through a case and a half of the cherry flavor. Why can't I just do this?!?! I need more like-minded friends for help and support, please! Oh and if you like strawberry chapstick over cherry chapstick then you can go straight to hell.
    I agree. This could've used a trigger warning for us Chapstick bingers.
    But seriously, I will fight you in the name of strawberry Chapstick.

Bring it! Cherry chapstick has less calories than strawberry chapstick anyway. So there!

Pfft, do you have any pee reviewed studies to back that up?
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm actually really worried now. I have been netting less than 600 calories a day and I haven't lost a pound in 1 day but I use real lipstick. Not even Chapstick. Not even STRAWBERRY CHAPSTICK.

Is there more calories in lipstick than chapstick? I once heard that lipstick was made of pig fat. But I have to wear it or people think I'm a man because I lift heavy :cry:

What do I do?
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    I think your biggest danger would be from the Burt's Bees chapstick. It's made form beeswax which will still have traces of honey in it. Honey being sugar will cause an insulin spike and cause your body to hold onto its fat. Even though the quantity is low it is being introduced into your system transdermally so it's an instant shot of sugar to your bloodstream rather than a slower absorption through your digestive tract.

Gaah!!! Jeez, I hope that's not true! But it does seem logical....

Make sure you do not apply any after 9pm at night - it will turn immediately into fat and make your muscles drop off!

OK, Now I can tell you're just making fun of me. That's not nice. I'm really struggling to make all the right choices on this journey, and I don't need negative nancies teasing me for trying to think outside the box!

It took you this many threads to see he was picking on you? I am not even reading the rest of this thread because no one seem to be being honest with you.
    Here is some honesty for you I have lost 50 lbs and have never once pondered the calories in my cosmetics as I do not sit there and munch on them as snacks. Now if I were stranded in the Andes with a group of people and had to survive I would probably go for the lip balm prior to human flesh and then would have to log my lip balm calories.....

:sad: :sad: I am a she....not a he. Must be that heavy lifting turning me into a linebacker.......wait....I think there is a thread about that......brb

You are correct, but careful coming back. You don't wanna knock anyone over with your hulkish arms. Though they may come in handy if I see ED in here, I swear.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I'm actually really worried now. I have been netting less than 600 calories a day and I haven't lost a pound in 1 day but I use real lipstick. Not even Chapstick. Not even STRAWBERRY CHAPSTICK.

Is there more calories in lipstick than chapstick? I once heard that lipstick was made of pig fat. But I have to wear it or people think I'm a man because I lift heavy :cry:

What do I do?

I think there's some perfumes out there made with human pheromones to help attract the sex. Probably calorie free- but I'm not sure of anything anymore! Those sound really legit. Might help.
  • pilatemom
    pilatemom Posts: 111
    Options
    I agree that if you are worried about that it's an unhealthy obsession but at the same time you read something and it erked your curiosity so people shouldn't make fun of you for posting thoughts but I guess it's a free country. But seriously don't worry about lipstick/Chapstick calories.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options

Slander. Slander AND libel.

Reported.

Wow, Slander and Libel?? That's like.... against the laws of.... something..... physics maybe? Glad you reported him.

I report you for calling me a him! Girl pandas can wear baseball hats too you know.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious thread?!? :laugh:
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I just realized something- how many extra calories a day am I ingesting in lip gloss/chap stick?

According to a 2002 Glamour magazine article, women inadvertently consume ~4lbs of lipstick in a lifetime!!!!

I don't wear much actual lipstick, but I use a lot of chap stick- primarily Burt's Bees or Yes to Carrots brands, which are made of Coconut oil and Beeswax. Beeswax, as far as I know is indigestible, but coconut oil is 9cal/g saturated fat!!!

Have I been sabotaging my diet efforts in the quest for kissable lips?

The average woman eats 4 to 9 pounds of lipstick in her lifetime, that’s somewhere between 481 and 1083 tubes.
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options

The average woman eats 4 to 9 pounds of lipstick in her lifetime, that’s somewhere between 481 and 1083 tubes.
    How much do men eat?? :laugh:
  • Gennacy
    Gennacy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Does this mean that when my hubby kisses me, he too is gaining weight, because of my chapstick?
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just realized something- how many extra calories a day am I ingesting in lip gloss/chap stick?

According to a 2002 Glamour magazine article, women inadvertently consume ~4lbs of lipstick in a lifetime!!!!

I don't wear much actual lipstick, but I use a lot of chap stick- primarily Burt's Bees or Yes to Carrots brands, which are made of Coconut oil and Beeswax. Beeswax, as far as I know is indigestible, but coconut oil is 9cal/g saturated fat!!!

Just another reason why women have a harder time losing weight than men. :sad:
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Does this mean that when my hubby kisses me, he too is gaining weight, because of my chapstick?

That must be why men usually gain weight after marriage.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options

Have you considered the calories in toothpaste.....?

TOOTHPASTE DOES, TOO!?
  • babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Have you considered the calories in toothpaste.....?

TOOTHPASTE DOES, TOO!?

And...what about cold medicine??!! Mouthwash??!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    one word...

semen.

:huh:

That's in the database though. It's under it's other name "Generic- cum" quantity- 1 squirt. I always log that accurately. It's important to log everything that comes across your lips accurately. This is a different scenario because chap stick mostly stays on your lips. Not really the same thing.

You did not just say that, lol. I really just want to shake you right now.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm laughing so hard, I'm gonna pee my pants.
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wow really??? :huh:
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ludsrcaNgx1qhmc80o1_500.gif

Approves!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Apologies if someone has already addressed this, but while math pulls me in, I'm not interested enough to read the entire 10 pages of this thread.

Assuming OP's assertion of 4 lbs of lipstick or chapstick consumed over the average woman's life is correct, and assuming a conservative 50 years of wearing lipstick or chapstick, that works out to 35.84 grams of lip product consumed a year, or just under a tenth of a gram a day. If it were pure coconut oil or any other fat, it's less than a calorie a day. So if you somehow had everything else perfectly in balance, you'd gain an extra pound from your chapstick each decade (if it were pure fat).
  • amaryshad
    amaryshad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in your concern. I’ve been curious about this too. I prefer to stay out of drama, and no disrespect to anyone in this thread, but I just want to send you some ❤️ In case the sarcastic remarks bothered you.