Calories in Lip Gloss/Chap Stick???

Options

Replies

• lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    This should have been posted in Chit Chat just for the pure hilarity. Great post :flowerforyou:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    This should have been posted in Chit Chat just for the pure hilarity. Great post :flowerforyou:
    RUDE!

Reported
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say chapstick has no calories in it.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You are joking, right? You really care about calories that you may consume over your lifetime in chapstick? This IS a joke. It has to be.
  • PortiaZabrina
    PortiaZabrina Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    this thread stumped me ... but only for a shere moment.
    Sounds like something an anorexic would say(I'm not calling you one, but i do dig your heels)... Don't worry about lipgloss. Tic tacs and gum have like 2-6calls per piece.
  • love_
    love_ Posts: 25
    Options
    Lol!! I had NO freakin idea! Craaazy.
  • lamoursuffit
    Options
    I think your biggest danger would be from the Burt's Bees chapstick. It's made form beeswax which will still have traces of honey in it. Honey being sugar will cause an insulin spike and cause your body to hold onto its fat. Even though the quantity is low it is being introduced into your system transdermally so it's an instant shot of sugar to your bloodstream rather than a slower absorption through your digestive tract.

This is just so...I don't even...

The possible minute traces of honey will not cause an "insulin spike" (by which I assume you mean blood sugar spike) OR cause you to "hold on to fat." In an average, nondiabetic person, the amount of sugar associated in a dangerous blood sugar spike is so ridiculously high, you would have to really, REALLY try to do so from some chapstick.

Perhaps I have missed any sarcasm in your post. I truly hope so. If I did, I apologize. :flowerforyou:

I don't know where you're getting your information but you couldn't be more wrong. That all might be true from oral ingestion of sugars but in this case we are dealing with transdermal ingestion. Do the research. FACT: Transdermal ingestion is a direct tap into the blood stream. FACT: When sugar is transmitted directly to the blood stream it hits all at once rather than being eased in through the digestive tract. This exponentially increases the effect of the sugar on the endocrine system creating an insulin spike resulting in fat storage. The only faster method would be direct application through a mucous membrane - this making application to the "other lips" even worse.

Right, it does get there must faster, you are correct, and as such would be stronger. I never denied any of that. What, exactly, did I say that was wrong? A blood sugar spike will in turn cause an insulin spike, which DOES hold on to fat, but in no way will the miniscule amount of glucose in chapstick cause a blood sugar spike. Unless of course I'm forgetting about all the cases of DKA and diabetic coma caused by someone just using too much Burt's Bees...oh wait. :flowerforyou:
  • charlybu
    charlybu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
  • lamoursuffit
    Options
    RUDE!

Reported

Go for it :flowerforyou:
  • lrtoland
    Options
    When I open my mouth to speak some particles in the air get in my mouth. How do I log that? Does anyone know how many calories are in an average gulp of air?

^^This made me laugh out loud!!! You, my dear lady, are amazing!!!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    RUDE!

Reported

You people are so mean. I don't wanna play any more.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    RUDE!

Reported

Don't go! This is a place of mutual respect and understanding.

ETA: except for the guy that told me to set myself on fire. That really was rude.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    This would have been funnier if you weren't trolling. But replies are good nonetheless
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    This would have been funnier if you weren't trolling. But replies are good nonetheless

Harsh accusation!
  • sjohnny
    Options

Slander. Slander AND libel.

Reported.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I think your biggest danger would be from the Burt's Bees chapstick. It's made form beeswax which will still have traces of honey in it. Honey being sugar will cause an insulin spike and cause your body to hold onto its fat. Even though the quantity is low it is being introduced into your system transdermally so it's an instant shot of sugar to your bloodstream rather than a slower absorption through your digestive tract.

The possible minute traces of honey will not cause an "insulin spike" (by which I assume you mean blood sugar spike) OR cause you to "hold on to fat." In an average, nondiabetic person, the amount of sugar associated in a dangerous blood sugar spike is so ridiculously high, you would have to really, REALLY try to do so from some chapstick.

Perhaps I have missed any sarcasm in your post. I truly hope so. If I did, I apologize. :flowerforyou:

I don't know where you're getting your information but you couldn't be more wrong. That all might be true from oral ingestion of sugars but in this case we are dealing with transdermal ingestion. Do the research. FACT: Transdermal ingestion is a direct tap into the blood stream. FACT: When sugar is transmitted directly to the blood stream it hits all at once rather than being eased in through the digestive tract. This exponentially increases the effect of the sugar on the endocrine system creating an insulin spike resulting in fat storage. The only faster method would be direct application through a mucous membrane - this making application to the "other lips" even worse.

Right, it does get there must faster, you are correct, and as such would be stronger. I never denied any of that. What, exactly, did I say that was wrong? A blood sugar spike will in turn cause an insulin spike, which DOES hold on to fat, but in no way will the miniscule amount of glucose in chapstick cause a blood sugar spike. Unless of course I'm forgetting about all the cases of DKA and diabetic coma caused by someone just using too much Burt's Bees...oh wait. :flowerforyou:

You're totally missing the obvious differences. Did you not see that I stated that these were FACTs? Please do the research before you come here and embarrass yourself.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

You're totally missing the obvious differences. Did you not see that I stated that these were FACTs? Please do the research before you come here and embarrass yourself.

It's Science, yo.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I think the only person embarrassing themselves are the self-righteous individuals who feel the need to report anything they don't like, even if it isn't against the guidelines. Yes, MINE was out of line, and I'll take that warning, it's worth the laugh. I'll gladly mock stupidity. If it forces that (hopefully momentary) lack of deep thought to be corrected, great! If not... I still get a good laugh :)

It must be a sad, lonely life (NOT directed at the OP, you started a great thread intentional or otherwise...)
  • NikkiSixGuns
    Options
    RUDE!

Reported

Don't go! This is a place of mutual respect and understanding.

ETA: except for the guy that told me to set myself on fire. That really was rude.

Yes, true. I have felt the respect and understanding. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. Then again, maybe that's just air molecules stuck to my cinnamon & sugar chapstick...

And yes, there have been some cranky replies. I suspect they aren't getting enough chapstick in their diets!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    Options
    When I open my mouth to speak some particles in the air get in my mouth. How do I log that? Does anyone know how many calories are in an average gulp of air?

I heard that if you wear really sticky glossy lipstick it catches some of the air particles on their way in. Kinda like flypaper. That way you can't swallow and digest the air particles. Reduced-calorie air! Yay!

Speaking of the flypaper effect, maybe sticky lip gloss will help with the bugs-in-the-teeth problem so many of you runners and cyclists are talking about...

Wait! After thinking about this further, I have decided that "diet" air is not the solution. You said "gulp of air". There's the problem! PORTION CONTROL!