Replies

• blondie1471
    blondie1471 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    loooooooooooooooooooooooooool
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Even if that's right, it's "in a lifetime" and it would only be less than 2000 calories. (~1040 or so?) Unless you're eating 4 lbs of chap stick daily or weekly, it doesn't matter.
  • gsmithnp
    gsmithnp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    aokeiru0qw98fgojqh390ok akjopioneopjeoi njikopeoienjdfkj

Sorry, just banging my head on my keyboard.

How many calories did I just burn?

In all seriousness, unless you're eating chapstik by the gallon, the amount of calories involved would be so minimal as to not even matter. It's all estimation anyway. If you don't eat the crust on your sandwich, you've avoided more calories than you would consume with 20 tubes of lip balm (beeswax or no). One cornflake in your cereal probably has more calories than one application of chapstik.

If you're truly worried, take 2-minute walk around the office/house after each application and you will compensate nicely.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Good god. So this is my problem?! I am seriously addicted to chap stick. I thought it was all the junk food making me fat, but all along it has been that d*mn chap stick. I'm suing the chapstick companies for not putting a warning label on their product!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

In all seriousness, unless you're eating chapstik by the gallon, the amount of calories involved would be so minimal as to not even matter. It's all estimation anyway. If you don't eat the crust on your sandwich, you've avoided more calories than you would consume with 20 tubes of lip balm (beeswax or no). One cornflake in your cereal probably has more calories than one application of chapstik.

If you're truly worried, take 2-minute walk around the office/house after each application and you will compensate nicely.
    Gallon is a liquid measurement silly! You can't eat chapstick by the gallon!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I would wear your HRM while you apply the chap stick. Then log the calories to balance out the intake.

I do the same thing when drinking beer. Put on the HRM and then do one set of 25 bicep curls with the glass every time I want a sip. Lots of calories burned, long lean muscles built (high reps, low weight and all of that), and most of the beer gets splashed out from all of the curling anyway. Win/win/win!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Please tell you are joking :huh:
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I now have a headache....oh crap! How many calories in Advil???
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    one word...

semen.

:huh:

That's in the database though. It's under it's other name "Generic- cum" quantity- 1 squirt. I always log that accurately. It's important to log everything that comes across your lips accurately. This is a different scenario because chap stick mostly stays on your lips. Not really the same thing.

:blushing: :laugh:
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options

I melt my chapstick so it's like corn oil. I can go through a gallon a day EASILY.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Ummm - ever leave chapstick in the car on a hot day? Pretty liquified.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm giggling because there are fat b!tches all across the world throwing out lipstick RIGHT NOW.

For some reason, this is the funniest mental picture to me right now
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I now have a headache....oh crap! How many calories in Advil???

It's too tough to count-I mean you have to figure out if it's a gel cap or regular and does the package tell you for both or for one?! :grumble: You're better off just suffering through the headache
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Since chap stick and lipstick are oil based it is perfectly acceptable and possibly even desirable on a low carb diet.
  • SailorAsteroidBelt
    Options
    When I open my mouth to speak some particles in the air get in my mouth. How do I log that? Does anyone know how many calories are in an average gulp of air?
  • siriusalien
    Options
    one word...

semen.

:huh:

Is that in chap stick??? No wonder it tasted so familiar.

Again- all protein.. But maybe the wrong lips
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    When I open my mouth to speak some particles in the air get in my mouth. How do I log that? Does anyone know how many calories are in an average gulp of air?

I heard that if you wear really sticky glossy lipstick it catches some of the air particles on their way in. Kinda like flypaper. That way you can't swallow and digest the air particles. Reduced-calorie air! Yay!

Speaking of the flypaper effect, maybe sticky lip gloss will help with the bugs-in-the-teeth problem so many of you runners and cyclists are talking about...
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    1tHeh.jpg
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I heard that if you wear really sticky glossy lipstick it catches some of the air particles on their way in. Kinda like flypaper. That way you can't swallow and digest the air particles. Reduced-calorie air! Yay!

Speaking of the flypaper effect, maybe sticky lip gloss will help with the bugs-in-the-teeth problem so many of you runners and cyclists are talking about...

Oh NOES! I have this really sticky one from Bath and Body works that tastes DELICIOUS. So you're telling me I'm catching extra stuff in it and then ingesting all of it?!?
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow, give up bacon cheese burgers only to be sabotaged by your lip gloss.