Calories in Lip Gloss/Chap Stick???

Options

Replies

• Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I personally use diet lip balm. It is made from corn.
  • Danette73
    Options
    :huh:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I blame it on the hairballs, I chew my hair when I'm nervous, so I must have old hairballs in my stomach.
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I think your biggest danger would be from the Burt's Bees chapstick. It's made form beeswax which will still have traces of honey in it. Honey being sugar will cause an insulin spike and cause your body to hold onto its fat. Even though the quantity is low it is being introduced into your system transdermally so it's an instant shot of sugar to your bloodstream rather than a slower absorption through your digestive tract.

CAME HERE TO SAY THIS

Just read it in Gary Taube's new book. Scary stuff.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    one word...

semen.

That's in the database though. It's under it's other name "Generic- cum" quantity- 1 squirt. I always log that accurately. It's important to log everything that comes across your lips accurately. This is a different scenario because chap stick mostly stays on your lips. Not really the same thing.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    You eat your chap stick? I think you're using it wrong...

lmao!!!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    This thread actually hurt my head!!! :cry: :sad:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hold the phone, buddy.. I got it! I'll start marketing HCG and Raspberry Ketones infused Lip Balm.

Problem: SOLVED.

GENIUS!!! Someone call Dr. Oz!

Secondededed re genuis.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'm giggling because there are fat b!tches all across the world throwing out lipstick RIGHT NOW.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Bump..
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Corn.....ermehgerd............................
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Oh, crap! Spiders, too? Dang, I'm glad I stopped chewing my nails when I was a kid. Don't think I'll find fingernails anywhere in the database...

OMG i'm DOOMED! i still bite my nails! I'm doomed that's it i'm calling it quits might as well eat a big mac. JK!!!! whopper with cheese. LOL!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

You're really doing yourself a disservice. The GMO's they use to grow the corn used in diet lip balm actually cause a much higher insulin dump through transdermal ingestion than does the full sugar stuff.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    you would probably expend all those calories applying it to your mouth it would be so insignificant

^^This! The calories consumed by the application of lipgloss or chapstick, although quickly consumed through the skin are far out-weighed by those burned by lean muscle of your arms, lips, neck, back and calves (depending on how much you lean toward the mirror during application). Thus this becomes a NEGATIVE CALORIE FOOD! Yay!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I think your biggest danger would be from the Burt's Bees chapstick. It's made form beeswax which will still have traces of honey in it. Honey being sugar will cause an insulin spike and cause your body to hold onto its fat. Even though the quantity is low it is being introduced into your system transdermally so it's an instant shot of sugar to your bloodstream rather than a slower absorption through your digestive tract.

CAME HERE TO SAY THIS

Not sure if srs.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

CAME HERE TO SAY THIS

Wow. I couldn't remember where I had seen it but if it was from Taubes then that definitely cements the veracity as far as I'm concerned. No more honey based lip products for me ever.
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    How many calories are burned through kissing? I read 25, to be exact.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    one word...

semen.

That's in the database though. It's under it's other name "Generic- cum" quantity- 1 squirt. I always log that accurately. It's important to log everything that comes across your lips accurately. This is a different scenario because chap stick mostly stays on your lips. Not really the same thing.

:noway:

So, is that considered a snack?
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Hold the phone, buddy.. I got it! I'll start marketing HCG and Raspberry Ketones infused Lip Balm.

Problem: SOLVED.
    Genius!
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thank you, this made me laugh out loud....shew...I'm sure I burned a few calories doing that....as I apply my lip gloss.......that I always do about 20 times a day.