Calories in Lip Gloss/Chap Stick???

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I think your biggest danger would be from the Burt's Bees chapstick. It's made form beeswax which will still have traces of honey in it. Honey being sugar will cause an insulin spike and cause your body to hold onto its fat. Even though the quantity is low it is being introduced into your system transdermally so it's an instant shot of sugar to your bloodstream rather than a slower absorption through your digestive tract.

Gaah!!! Jeez, I hope that's not true! But it does seem logical....
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    How many calories are burned through kissing? I bet it balances out.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    This explains my weight gain. I have been wearing lipstick since I've been two.

How long have you been two?

Quite sometime now... Still hoping to turn three one day.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Quite sometime now... Still hoping to turn three one day.

Excellent! Without our goals we are nothing.
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    How many calories are burned through kissing? I bet it balances out.

That's a really solid point!
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I think your biggest danger would be from the Burt's Bees chapstick. It's made form beeswax which will still have traces of honey in it. Honey being sugar will cause an insulin spike and cause your body to hold onto its fat. Even though the quantity is low it is being introduced into your system transdermally so it's an instant shot of sugar to your bloodstream rather than a slower absorption through your digestive tract.

No, I'm pretty sure it's true. I read some studies that proved it I just can't find them right now. They were pee reviewed.
  • SoViLicious
    Options

Better question is...How long have you been a ****?
  • sjohnny
    Options

Make sure you do not apply any after 9pm at night - it will turn immediately into fat and make your muscles drop off!

The studies I read seemed to indicate that it would store the fats inside your muscle fibers where they would be inaccessible for use as fuel.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

Make sure you do not apply any after 9pm at night - it will turn immediately into fat and make your muscles drop off!

OK, Now I can tell you're just making fun of me. That's not nice. I'm really struggling to make all the right choices on this journey, and I don't need negative nancies teasing me for trying to think outside the box!
  • sjohnny
    Options

If those stars were a short name for Richard then the answer is "probably longer than you've been two". It's a gift, I don't even have to try. It's just part of my awesome.
  • sjohnny
    Options

OK, Now I can tell you're just making fun of me. That's not nice. I'm really struggling to make all the right choices on this journey, and I don't need negative nancies teasing me for trying to think outside the box!

I'm not sure of the muscles dropping off part but the rest is true. It's all based on science.

FACT.
  • SoViLicious
    Options

If those stars were a short name for Richard then the answer is "probably longer than you've been two". It's a gift, I don't even have to try. It's just part of my awesome.

How about PETER... I'm pretty sure...it's flaccid...
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg?1316330080
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

1272_d483.jpg
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options

No, I'm pretty sure it's true. I read some studies that proved it I just can't find them right now. They were pee reviewed.

I know it was a typo, but all the same my computer is glad I was not drinking coffee when I read about studies being "pee reviewed"
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    This is the greatest thread in the history of this week.
  • sjohnny
    Options

I know it was a typo, but all the same my computer is glad I was not drinking coffee when I read about studies being "pee reviewed"

Are you sure it was a typo?
  • SoViLicious
    Options
    This is the greatest thread in the history of this week.

YESSSS
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I gave up chap stick years ago when a friend told me you can get addicted to it. Haven't you ever noticed that the more you use it, the more you feel you NEED to use it? No way, I am not gonna' let myself get addicted to it.

Well, okay, I do still use it, but I try to use it in moderation. Like just on weekends, that kind of thing.