• AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Interesting!!!!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    How could I possibly have missed this wonderful thread???

I guess people who worry about ingesting lipstick should also look into biting nails, digging in the nose, oral sex, toothpaste, and counting those germs that get stuck on your hands from opening doors and handling money and that are then transferred to your food. /gets her coat

Is it your fault it's come up on "recent discussions"?
    If so I thank you, very entertaining lunchtime reading :D
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,564 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »

I guess people who worry about ingesting lipstick should also look into biting nails, digging in the nose, oral sex, toothpaste, and counting those germs that get stuck on your hands from opening doors and handling money and that are then transferred to your food. /gets her coat

I would love to accept these honours, but unfortunately someone else dug it up :Do:)
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »

I would love to accept these honours, but unfortunately someone else dug it up :Do:)

Ah yes, failed to notice the date on the post before yours, sorry :#
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    amaryshad wrote: »
    I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in your concern. I’ve been curious about this too. I prefer to stay out of drama, and no disrespect to anyone in this thread, but I just want to send you some ❤️ In case the sarcastic remarks bothered you.

I remember this OP. She was being sarcastic herself and just having fun, so I highly doubt she was offended by any of the comments.

ETA: except maybe the one telling her light herself on fire.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm going have to read the whole thing from page 1. Too funny!
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I think if you are trying to blame your weight gain on Chapstick or lipstick, I'd like to invite you back to reality.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,564 Member
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    MoreBean13 wrote: »
    I just realized something- how many extra calories a day am I ingesting in lip gloss/chap stick?

According to a 2002 Glamour magazine article, women inadvertently consume ~4lbs of lipstick in a lifetime!!!!

I don't wear much actual lipstick, but I use a lot of chap stick- primarily Burt's Bees or Yes to Carrots brands, which are made of Coconut oil and Beeswax. Beeswax, as far as I know is indigestible, but coconut oil is 9cal/g saturated fat!!!

Have I been sabotaging my diet efforts in the quest for kissable lips?

When I was a baby apparently I ate an entire tube of super red lip stick... no regrets!!!! 😂

Did it stick? The habit I mean, or a love for super red lip stick? :*:D
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Dare I say-
    I only wear lipstick or lip gloss on special occasions and we all know it is what we do the rest of the year that make the difference, in our weight loss, not the special occasion.

Cheers, h.
    All a lie, I wear lipstick all the time and maintain wonderfully because I log it.

Cheers, h.

Ok that was a lie too, I don't log it. h.

Come to think of it- do the calories exerted applying said lipstick, negate the calories eaten- making it a free food?

I am claiming heat exhaustion for making my one post of the day so ridiculous.

I think between your thinking about it, applying, and typing all of this, it might be negative calories. :wink:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Yay I didn't fall for the Zombie thread this time...….oh wait....dang it.
    rtgwb9xgmt4t.png