Do you eat Cereal?

Options

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Love me some cereal..... Krave Double Chocolate, Reese's Puff"s, Go Lean Crunch with Almonds, Coco Pebbles, Chocolate Frosted Flakes are all hanging out in my cupboard. I just have to make that choice in the morning of who is going swimming in the 1% Milk.... LOL Best of Luck./....
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have not eaten much cereal in quite a while but used to as a kid. Never was a big fan of the candy cereals but corn flakes and raisin bran were favorites... I really used to like it with fruit mixed in....
  • jaimeg71
    jaimeg71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i LOVE cereal.....have it every morning!!! I do however make smart choice....measure out the serving size.....and enjoy with skim milk :) Fiber 1, cheerios or Kashi Go Lean are the rotation!!! I tried to cut it out.....was miserable...so i have good quality carbs early in the day.....and no fighting the craving.....no need for weight loss to be torture!! I like to add cinnamon or pumpkin spice to the cheerios....yummmmO
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat cereal. But when I do, I stick to cereal that tastes good. I don't like the cardboard flavor. I go for Fruity Pebbles, cracklin oat bran, cocoa puffs, reeses puffs, or Captain crunchberry.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have cereal quite often, Quisp(if I can find it), Quaker Oat Squares, Kashi any thing, Captain Crunch if it's on sale, MultiGrain Cherrios..when its on sale.
  • Flyered_Up
    Options
    I love Raisin Brand Crunch and eat it each and everyday!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    No.

Given a choice between a bowl of cereal for breakfast and extending a bit of fasting I'll easily pick the latter.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I love plain cheerios with fresh fruit!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Absurd.

Those muscles helping the eloquent reasoning huh? ;)
  • LosingWeight64
    Options
    I go thru moods with cereal.. i will go a year without any.. then crave it for a month or two etc... my faves are: special K, fiber one (all kinds), and post raisin bran. when i lived in england i liked: wheatabix, and oatabix...
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I've been a fan of Malt-O-Meal (brand imitator) cereals for a long time. I used to eat their equivalents to 'Lucky Charms' and 'Raisin Bran Crunch' all the time. Once I started my 'new life' I realized how the former was a nutrient vacuum and the latter was pretty high in sodium for a cereal. I now almost exclusively eat their 'Strawberry Mini-Wheat' equiv because is has almost no sodium (like 10mg) and 6g of fiber yet still tastes great. I also always add 1-2 bananas as well to get a boost of potassium. That plus 1% milk is my breakfast 1-3 times a week.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Nope, it does zilch for my hunger & is way more calories than oatmeal, which is what I eat for breakfast regularly now.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    kashi is decent but a little too nutty for me. My favorites recently are FiberOne cereals and a couple Kellogg's cereals, in particular the cinnamon oats and special K.

Of course they all are going to have some processed bits in them, hard to avoid. I'm more concerned about the nutrients they can provide over the debatable "bad stuff" .

Keep in mind the portion "serving size" isn't very big, in most cases it's 1/2 - 3/4 cup of cereal, if you measure that out, I think people would find they are getting 2x+ serving size and therefore overeating 2-300 calories just from cereal in the morning. I measure mine out and eat it with fat free milk, 1 piece of toast and a banana. Probably my favorite meal of the day.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Absurd.

Those muscles helping the eloquent reasoning huh? ;)

You criticise others, yet this is your response.

There is no accepted study that will conclusively show the consumption of grains will hinder or stop weightloss. Care to argue with that Mr Anti-carb Fanatic?

To the OP, yes I eat cereal on most days, it is a brilliant source of fibre and contributes nicely to my overall eating plan and desired macronutrient ratio. It also assists with facilitating regular poop intervals. :laugh:
  • erica6732
    erica6732 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i eat cereal at least twice daily. i love fiber one honey squares, rice krispies, corn flakes - and these are actully pretty low in cals and in sugar. i sometimes eat fiber one honey clusters
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think it's all that great. I usually eat, 1 egg, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 2 slices of center cut bacon, and some kind of fruit- this week its pineapple. Sometimes I'll have a half slice of toast with peanut butter too.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal. Cereals are calorie dense. You need to measure by weight, not volume. Cups are the devil's measure.

Who here has yet to buy their first digital food scale?
  • Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal most mornings - all bran, fruit & fibre, weetabix, special K, whatever we've got in the cupboard. Actually that's not quite true. I've stopped eating the really delicious cinnamon one, since it's incredibly high-calore (probably something to do with the amount of sugar it's coated in...!).

No portion-controlled breakfast gets me past about 11/11.30 before I'm really hungry, regardless. So I just have a couple of drinks through the morning - and not having any snacks in my office kind of helps with not even needing any self-control!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Not really. I prefer to combine protein and carbs at breakfast so I'm full longer.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Meh, I used to eat it, but was never a big fan. It always goes too soggy before I've finsihed the bowl, and it doesn't fill me up very much.

I much prefer the breakfast selection I have now - eggs, oatmeal, yoghurt, smoked fish, cottage cheese, and I find it easier to keep the calories under control using these instead. I don't miss cereal one bit!