Do you eat Cereal?

Options

Replies

• bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Cereal is my weakness when it's kids cereals like Trix, Cinnamon Toast crunch, and Lucky Charms...so I stay away from those ones. I eat Fiber One 80 calorie honey squares, it's the only cereal I can stick to 1 cup of and it makes me satisfied.
  • Skyfire23
    Options
    I grew up on healthy cereal (cheerios, grape nuts, weetabix). It really helps me eat in the morning when I first get up and am all groggy. These days I'm on Kashi Go-Lean. Very occasionally I'll have something like Cocoa Pebbles, but only for dessert, not for breakfast.
  • happythermia
    Options
    I love cereal...I eat 'healthy' granola types and junky types too. Still losing :-)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Cereal is a 'snack' not breakfast. I'll have 2 of the big Shredded Wheat biscuits with some brown sugar and milk - sweet but not horrible for me ;)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    OMG I miss cereal. I can't be trusted with it in the house. I sleep eat cereal. I'll pass out on the couch at night and then wake up and shove handfuls in. True story. Crunchy Nut is my favorite food of all TIME! NOMMMMMM
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    what kind of crackpot question is this? OF COURSE I DO. cereal is a food group.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Not really.... since I don't like to drink cow's milk, it doesn't really pack enough protein for me. I also feel like the sugar high right after waking up doesn't really help me the rest of the day. I prefer eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese. If I want something carby I'll go for oatmeal.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't eat cereal nearly as often as I used to before I got married. I rarely eat breakfast, but I used to often have cereal for dinner. But now I cook a meal every night so if I buy a box of cereal it usually goes stale before I finish it. I like a variety of cereals but look for those high in fiber and without an excessive amount of sugar.

Kashi and Cascadian Farms have several cereals that I like.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I have a bowl of Lucky Charms almost every night before bed! It's delicious and filling.....I don't know how all you crazy people don't eat a ton of cereal, but hey that just means more for me :bigsmile:
  • mommie_on_a_mission
    Options
    I eat fiber one and Krave
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I generally eat 1-2 servings of cereal per day. I like it for snacks.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Every night before I go to bed. Typically of the Special K variety. With Almond Milk - YUM
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I'll pass.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Workdays I have my my breakfast after morning PT and it usually consists of Kashi bars (130-150 cal, 4 g fibre, 5-7 g protein depending on which one) and a banana. On the weekends I ususally have a bowl of Sally's Cereals (Whole Wheat Bundles - 55g has 200 cal, 7 g fibre, 6 g protein) with a half cup of skim milk one day and bacon & eggs with toast on the other.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I only eat Cheerios. (:
  • richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bottom line is if you want to loose weight and get fit and in shape per say.....cereal isnt the best option for breakfast. too much starch with not enough fibre in most cereal....id suggest oatmeal (original unsweetened) instead...it has very slow digesting carbohydrates giving you ample energy through out the morning and keeping you full for longer.

ideally a protein heavy breakfast is the best way forward. Thats what i found has worked for me and keeps me full and energised through out the morning.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I eat a 440 calorie bowl of cereal every morning.
    1.75 cups of Corn Flakes
    .25 cups of granola
    .5 ounces of sliced almonds
    with 1 cup of fat free milk. It is so good. I look forward to it every day!

Keeps me full till past lunch. Sometimes I don't get hungry until 1 or 2.
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of cereal, especially peanut butter flavored cereal, but I don't eat it anymore b/c I find it doesn't fill me up with the amount of calories in it. I usually have hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, or a protein shake... which for me, fills me up till lunch time.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I also like Fiber-one Honey Clusters....!

^^^ ditto - I mix them with the Fiber-One Original, half cup each, with light soy. Big fiber and a carb bump in the morning to carry me all day. :)
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I occasionally eat Special K Protein Plus... but, I typically eat oatmeal or eggs in the morning.