Do you eat Cereal?

Options

Replies

• green_owl
    green_owl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    No, i'm trying to avoid any grains.
    but if you can't live without that sort of breakfast, go for less processed, no sugar version, like rolled oat porridge with some apple and cinnamon.
  • ImperfectedBeauty
    ImperfectedBeauty Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Canadian! Ive been wanting to try the Holy Crap cereal, is it any good?
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I really eat Cold Cereal very seldom, but when I do I eat something I like and taste good to Me. Otherwise, what is the point. I usually want cereal when I want or NEED a TREAT, so I may buy Fruity or Apple Cinnamon Cheerios or Raisin Bran Crunch or Froot Loops. I rather eat a cup of one of these with some Almond Milk to satisfy a sweet tooth or late night snack (that I seldom get) than some of the stuff most people satiate with.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I love cereal! So yes, I eat it!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't. They never sustain me. Even the ones with fiber and protein. I just stick to eggs and English muffins or tortillas. :)

Cereal is just one part of a healthy breakfast. If you are eating it alone, then yes, you'll get hungry!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I love cereal. 3-4 times a week I eat a bowl that's 2 cups of plain cherios and 3 cups of fiberone honey squares. Awesomeness.
  • Kitty32168
    Kitty32168 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cereal is my sweet tooth! I love flakes - either frosted or strawberry. But this is a cheat and I gotta burn some calories afterward! Good Luck!
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love cereal, but I don't have it very often. I love Cheerios with a sprinkle of cinnamon & splenda!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Absurd.

Those muscles helping the eloquent reasoning huh? ;)

You criticise others, yet this is your response.

There is no accepted study that will conclusively show the consumption of grains will hinder or stop weightloss. Care to argue with that Mr Anti-carb Fanatic?

To the OP, yes I eat cereal on most days, it is a brilliant source of fibre and contributes nicely to my overall eating plan and desired macronutrient ratio. It also assists with facilitating regular poop intervals. :laugh:
    He can't, that is why there isn't even a point.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Fruit and fibre with oat milk, OM NOM NOM!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Only as an ice cream topper :)
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love cereal but I don't eat it anymore. It is a trigger food for me and I will binge on it. Also the serving size is so small it doesn't keep me full. I don't want to see that tiny little bowl full. It just makes me hungrier lol!
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    jackibailey wrote:
    ... the serving size is so small it doesn't keep me full.
    I don't want to see that tiny little bowl full.

There should be a thread on this. Don't allow the marketing department of corporations tell you what 'serving size' is right for your body. The serving for a 20 year old male construction worker isn't the same as for an 80 year old female. That's why many foods are 'per 100 g'. It's independent of serving size and maps directly onto percentage.

Measure with a digital food scale and log everything you eat. You'll soon see which meal has inappropriate serving sizes for your body.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Nope. Absolute binge trigger for me. Only cereal I eat is oatmeal.

But if you're okay with it, I would eat a bran cereal, or one high in protein. Watch out for high fructose corn syrup and added sugar.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Yummy, filling, high in fiber and protien. Does give me a bit of gas but that doesn't really bother me. :D

Kashi make a bunch of other yummy cereals and bars.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i dont drink milk so i dont have cereal in a traditional way.. i eat oatmeal with cinnamon and usually put chia seeds or milled flax seeds in it... i been putting in a serving of grain berry bran flakes in a serving of nonfat plain greek yogurt.. sometimes i have a serving of grain berry toasted oats .. usually when im looking to pick on something so i incorporate it in as part of a meal..when i have it for breakfast i usually have either a scoop of whey and casien protein in it or 1 eggland egg with eggqhites ..i am extremely full when i do it that way
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I eat Kashi Go Lean with almond milk. 155 calories for a serving. I like the Kashi granola over plain nonfat greek yogurt but that has about 250 calories for a serving of granola and 1/2 cup yogurt. I sometimes eat honey nut cherrios or other sweeter cereals for a snack. Way more filling than other sweets and a whole lot less calories.
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal mostly because I can get a really good headstart on fiber for the day. I like Raisin Bran and MiniWheats. Both are higher(er) in fiber, low(er) in sugar. High fiber cereal is my prune juice.
  • queensturg
    Options
    I often have Cheerios, just for something quick in the mornings when I don't have much time before work. I've also just bought a box of Special K and I'm going to try that. I'm careful to only buy whole-grain, healthier kinds of cereal. I'm not really big on it, it's just the convenience of it being quick and easy.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I grew up on oatmeal and now I have whole wheat bread or crispbread at breakfast.