Mcdonalds...

Options

Replies

• junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! My husband wanted to go to McDonald's last week after church and running errands, so I obliged. Normally I would get the chicken nugget meal - you know, the one with 10 nuggets and a medium fry. Doesn't seem too bad, but it really is! So I got a chicken snack wrap and small fry. Was only about $2.50 and I was still under my fat for the day, but it didn't make me feel good. We don't go often, and it didn't ruin my day - but I felt that was a small victory...so your McD accomplishment was like winning a war!
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    Hate to say it but my chipotle burritos are not MFP friendly...they are a huge weakness of mine, thank god I have to drive 45 min to get to one otherwise i'd be fat and broke lol

Last year a Chipotle moved in around the corner from my house. I mean "around the corner" in the literal sense, let's say 100 steps. It takes me longer to eat there than it does to walk there. Instead of putting it on my list of Devil Food I picked out something I was going to order if they go there. I chose a burrito bowl with chicken or barbacoa, rice, beans, lettuce, salsa, and fajita vegetables - 525 calories. So I'll eat there every couple of weeks after a workout if I don't have time to make food, and it's delicious. The burrito bowl is actually very satisfying even without a tortilla.

I've never had the bowl i've always got it in the tortilla...I might accidently drive that way and try it out now...We will call it an experimental excuse to visit my fav eatting out joint.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I could definitely be judged for my diary, I don't always eat well, I haven't cut out anything entirely since being on MFP, and I pretty much always eat back my exercise calories. Mea Culpa...they say confession is good for the soul right?

That being said my biggest victory is just awareness. I think about what I am eating before I put it in my mouth, I will make a conscious decision about whether my desire to eat something is worth the calories that go with it, and oftentimes it leads to me measuring out a smaller portion if I desperately want something. I also try to make sure that junk food is not included in my trips to the grocery store, if I really want it I have to make a special trip to go out and get it, and most often I just feel too lazy to do that! (particularly since my general rule is that if it's bad for me I have to walk, bike or run to go and get it- the nearest convenience store or fast food joint is 1.5km away).

As a notable victory though, had a terrible craving for ketchup chips a little while ago, and so took my bike to the store to get them (had already done my long run that day so had a good calorie deficit that in my mind would have excused the lapse), they didn't have the brand that I was craving so I walked out again without buying anything at all! No substitutions allowed!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Last year a Chipotle moved in around the corner from my house. I mean "around the corner" in the literal sense, let's say 100 steps. It takes me longer to eat there than it does to walk there. Instead of putting it on my list of Devil Food I picked out something I was going to order if they go there. I chose a burrito bowl with chicken or barbacoa, rice, beans, lettuce, salsa, and fajita vegetables - 525 calories. So I'll eat there every couple of weeks after a workout if I don't have time to make food, and it's delicious. The burrito bowl is actually very satisfying even without a tortilla.
    [/quote]

I've never had the bowl i've always got it in the tortilla...I might accidently drive that way and try it out now...We will call it an experimental excuse to visit my fav eatting out joint.
    [/quote]

Skip the tortilla, sour cream, and cheese and it's not too horrible. I typically skip the rice, or ask for a 1/2 scoop, and add extra black beans. Maybe some guacamole on top. Tasty.
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    Great job!!!!! It is so hard but once you overcome that food temptation a time or two it does get easier!! My most recent "temptation challenge" was with my hubby and in-law's at a local greasy mom and pop restaurant......instead of ordering my usual (chicken fried steak slathered in mashed potatoes and gravy) I ordered a chef's salad with fat free ranch ordered on the side and cottage cheese with peaches. I was pretty proud of myself and willpower I had at that moment.... "nothing taste as good as skinny feels"!!! Keep up the great work!
  • lilteepot
    Options
    Skip the tortilla, sour cream, and cheese and it's not too horrible. I typically skip the rice, or ask for a 1/2 scoop, and add extra black beans. Maybe some guacamole on top. Tasty.

Ummmm... isn't this completely defeating the purpose?! I mean, what's the point if it's not a bunch of cheese and sourcream all rolled up in a delicious portable bed of carbs?!

(Also, the nearest chipotle from here is also 45 minutes. My saving grace. ;))
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yay good for you!
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    To be honest, I was ready to order some round table pizza...ANd have it delivered because my cars getting fixed... Instead I decided to come to this site and look over the success stories as well as motivation thread....I guess it helped. Haven't ordered the pizza, and ready to eat something healthy... ANd I have just started my journey 2 weeks ago, still don't have enough will power to stop by at a restaurant or fast food place....
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    Great job!!!!! It is so hard but once you overcome that food temptation a time or two it does get easier!! My most recent "temptation challenge" was with my hubby and in-law's at a local greasy mom and pop restaurant......instead of ordering my usual (chicken fried steak slathered in mashed potatoes and gravy) I ordered a chef's salad with fat free ranch ordered on the side and cottage cheese with peaches. I was pretty proud of myself and willpower I had at that moment.... "nothing taste as good as skinny feels"!!! Keep up the great work!

OMg I love that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels...I'm going to write that down....
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yay for you.. I love those yogurt parfaits...They are good. I went to Yogurt Mountain yesterday and normally would have pigged out by putting every topping I could find on my frozen creation..I kept it simple, yogurt chips,strawberries and some hot fudge...I couldn't even eat it all...Thank God for the small victories in our life!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    McDonalds....ick. I worked there for 2 yrs when I was in high school and I swore I would never eat there again. 20 yrs later? I have not touched McDonalds. The very thought makes me gag. But, to each their own. I could easily down a double teenburger and large fries from A&W.

I am a saucy, gravy, extra cheese, etc, kind of girl. Normally. The other day we went out for lunch and I had a chicken quesadilla, without the sour cream, no dressing on my salad, omitted the fries altogether, because what are fries without gravy? It was a pretty healthy lunch once you got rid of the EXTRAS. This is huge for me.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I had a similar relationship with Wendy's. I would eat there maybe three times a week (I was in denial). My usual order was kind of disgusting in terms of sheer volume of food, but fast food has a magical property that makes it disappear the moment it slides down your esophagus so that you can eat about four large combos as one meal before your stomach issues the "kill" command to your mouth.

The moment I started losing weight was the end of my relationship with Wendy's. Except once, when I ordered a crispy chicken sandwich on the way back from a long road trip with a friend. I had to throw half of it away, my stomach and my brain just rejected it as inedible. I don't love you anymore, Wendy's. It's not you, it's me. Well, it IS you.

That's an awesome victory for you. It's great to be able to say that food doesn't have control of you anymore.

I used to eat at Wendy's almost every weekday for lunch. In an earlier weight loss attempt, I cut out the soda pop and french fries and lost 15 pounds in a couple of months. Now it's rare that I go there. My new "healthy" fast food is a chicken and veggie pita from The Pita Pit.

To the OP: Congrats!! The more you resist the temptations the more you #win.
  • somebizzare
    Options
    I will occasionally eat at McDonalds. I will have a kids meal.
    Good tip.

I've only recently cracked the "occasionally" part, but changed my Burger King order from Whopper meal to Whopper Junior meal some years ago. It makes a difference.

I find it interesting that in most Burger Kings - as far as I remember - you can't see any advertising for a Whopper Junior you just have to ask. Whereas in McDonalds at least the kids meals are obviously available.

By the way, what do you do with the free toy? ;)
  • halfretird
    halfretird Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I went today sad but true. I go every morning to get breakfast for my son and I refuse to get anything. I may get something once every 2 weeks for breakfast that in itself is a big change. I used to go several times in the morning and evening. Now its cut more than half.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    ]
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    When I went to chipolte, instead of the massive awesomeness of their burrito, I got the 3 tacos, only 425 cals! And I they tasted awesome and completely satisfied.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It was my Saturday morning ritual - to pop in on my way home after a quick run around town... I was such a regular the dude there would have my Sausage and Egg McMuffin, Hash Brown and OJ on a tray when I got to the front of his queue!
    Then I started a journalism diploma and had to be at school for 10am an hour's journey away so for pretty much the last year I had a full English breakfast with a classmate in the morning, and then non-stop drinking after class!

Now I have completed the diploma... I can do my dash around town on a Sat... and you know... I haven't been back in.
    And because I do a proteiny brekkie of poached egg, low fat grilled bacon and half a tin of beans after the gym, I don't even really miss the Saturday full English breakfast as I have that 3 times a week normally!

if I go into town at lunch, I would probably go for the wrap if anything... but then I found a great Mediterranean place that does a chicken wrap which is way nicer...

I might make it a once a month treat though... I can't see as it would kill me at a weekend when I kick back and enjoy myself a little
  • ggof
    ggof Posts: 41
    Options
    lucky for me mcdo makes me physically ill ! .. now about that starbucks lemon cake ... !
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    lucky for me mcdo makes me physically ill ! .. now about that starbucks lemon cake ... !

has 35grams of sugar on one version!!
  • cutie_patootie
    Options
    I was addicted to a salty snack called Kurkure. Any Indian on MFP would know why they are addictive. My addiction was so severe that I would often eat a couple of packets (or more) of Kurkure for at least a couple of days before any foreign travel. Each pack is approx. 700 calories, btw..

After reading your post, I was trying to recall the last time I had a pack. I don't remember! it's been months. I made a conscious effort earlier not to buy them but now when I look back, I haven't had a craving for them in a long, long time either.
    :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!